1/6 Hot Toys - MMS420 - GOTG Vol.2 - Star-Lord Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No. I don’t think any of the dusted characters are permanently gone. I just don’t expect them to play a major role in the sequel. I’m sure once everything is made right, they’ll be back for the end of the movie.
(Awesome gif BTW! I love it.)

Yeah I agree, IW2 will be more about the original Avenger characters which were left. However Starlord could still play a decent role especially if Gamora somehow comes back. Maybe like other figures (I'm looking at you ESB Lando) HT have been told by Disney to hold his release until a later date closer to the next movie.

Yeah I agree, IW2 will be more about the original Avenger characters which were left. However Starlord could still play a decent role especially if Gamora somehow comes back. Maybe like other figures (I'm looking at you ESB Lando) HT have been told by Disney to hold his release until a later date closer to the next movie.

Gamora has to come back. How else can the MCU waste the audience time with a long boring romance with her and Starlord?

As much as I want to see Gamora in Guardians 3... if she does come back, who is going to stay dead? only Loki?... a bit of a hollow result unless Stark and Rogers finally bite it..

Gamora has to come back. How else can the MCU waste the audience time with a long boring romance with her and Starlord?

:lol :exactly: I find it very boring too!!

As much as I want to see Gamora in Guardians 3... if she does come back, who is going to stay dead? only Loki?... a bit of a hollow result unless Stark and Rogers finally bite it..

I will be very annoyed if they bring her back and Loki stays dead! :cuss

A new Infinity War Star Lord? :dunno

39394547_2221595247913446_6610907665952407552_n.jpg

That's the one I want -- the one HT has had at all the shows this year. Rocket boots, darker t-shirt... but those pants aren't the ones they've been showing before, those look closer to the current v2 pants.

That hodgepodge figure is just curious.

Last edited:
I honestly don’t think Disney will even continue to do GOTG v3. With what happened with James Gunn, to now Batista making a big stink over stuff to insulting current president etc etc.. I think Disney will take this opportunity with Infinity War and keep the guardians dusted and start to developing the X-men universe or other licenses.. plus will they take a shot at using another director?? Or will it potentially do poorly compared to the past 2 films?? Maybe if they can get the Russo brothers to direct GOTG 3

I honestly don’t think Disney will even continue to do GOTG v3. With what happened with James Gunn, to now Batista making a big stink over stuff to insulting current president etc etc.. I think Disney will take this opportunity with Infinity War and keep the guardians dusted and start to developing the X-men universe or other licenses.. plus will they take a shot at using another director?? Or will it potentially do poorly compared to the past 2 films?? Maybe if they can get the Russo brothers to direct GOTG 3

They've said Gunn's finished script will probably be used, which is more than half the battle imo.

Sure get the Russos or Taika Waititi (Thor Ragnarok) to direct. Am sure there are other options as well.

For me all is not lost.......however the chances of getting a reworked upper body Drax from HT just went down a lot for me. Looks like they are still toughting the IW version though. Might have to cover my bets and get DARX !! :lol

39389175_2221592917913679_7584825241583484928_n.jpg

I don’t see them shelving a billion dollar franchise over a director (they have fired like four before so this isn’t exactly new) or one actor. Doesn’t make much sense.

I don’t see them shelving a billion dollar franchise over a director (they have fired like four before so this isn’t exactly new) or one actor. Doesn’t make much sense.

Yep, and the Guardians are the way they can move into the Space related realms which offer a huge amount of additional characters for future films going forward.

They've said Gunn's finished script will probably be used, which is more than half the battle imo.

Sure get the Russos or Taika Waititi (Thor Ragnarok) to direct. Am sure there are other options as well.

For me all is not lost.......however the chances of getting a reworked upper body Drax from HT just went down a lot for me. Looks like they are still toughting the IW version though. Might have to cover my bets and get DARX !! :lol

View attachment 423413

Haha yeah, I hear ya I might jump on the GOTGv2 pre order for Drax wether they change his body or not...hopefully we get the pre order soon since Gamora won’t release till almost end of next year

Yeah that’s true. A character like iron man is so big and he’s been directed by many directors through the MCU universe.. I guess that’s what makes marvel so great you really don’t feel like different people or creating these films they all blend together so good..

Haha yeah, I hear ya I might jump on the GOTGv2 pre order for Drax wether they change his body or not...hopefully we get the pre order soon since Gamora won’t release till almost end of next year

There's also maybe a 0,0000000000001% chance that they do a BvS Fatman style release and release updated pics of him right at the end when mould mods have been done. Easy to do as they have the current one to use for cons.

This is the difference between BvS Batman release pic and what was actually released. They never updated the release pics, so I guess anythings possible....

dc-comics-batman-sixth-scale-betman-v-superman-hot-toys-silo-9026181-2.jpg

56f1b55bed84930aa16763decee3ce4b4f145143_hq.jpg

There's also maybe a 0,0000000000001% chance that they do a BvS Fatman style release and release updated pics of him right at the end when mould mods have been done. Easy to do as they have the current one to use for cons.

This is the difference between BvS Batman release pic and what was actually released. They never updated the release pics, so I guess anythings possible....

View attachment 423421

View attachment 423419

Yeah, that ugly proto is why I didn’t preorder and eventually unsubscribed from the Batman thread before release. Once I started seeing in-hand pics, he was sold out and I was freaking out! I paid about $300 for him from a seller on this forum and he’s one of my favorite figures!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, that ugly proto is why I didn’t preorder and eventually unsubscribed from the Batman thread before release. Once I started seeing in-hand pics, he was sold out and I was freaking out! I paid about $300 for him from a seller on this forum and he’s one of my favorite figures!

That is exactly what happened to me as well !! I know it won't happen with Drax, but if it did I would regret it massively ! So radar is constantly on for any news on Drax....

Back