1/6 Hot Toys - MMS420 - GOTG Vol.2 - Star-Lord Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Starlord turned up today too. Got the deluxe version and loving the whole set. Loving the relatively subtle heat marks on the guns and weathering on the long coat (though damn, the posing wire has poked its way out of the bottom edge) Overall its a fantastic figure with an impressive headsculpt and lots of cool little extras...

Unfortunately my guy 'won' the neckstain lottery. One side its a barely noticeable (hah who am I kidding it's still bright red) relatively small hickey-like mark. The other side of his neck? It's like he's had a serious case of road rash - there's a massive set of red stains that mean there's no point of going for the t-shirt look... Or even some of the open jacket options. I might post a quick shot so you guys can laugh/commiserate, but I've been struggling with the zip on that jacket for long enough that I need to leave it before I actually get really frustrated/stupid do some damage.

Thanks! :hi5: I love mine!! He looks fantastic and also looks way, way better than my v.1 figure - although I have to admit I didn't think so initially!! :slap Will be great when Yondu is released so I can display them together! :)

I do like the long coat and brown pants on the Vol. 1 version better, but I will agree that everything else about this one is better. Yondu is going to look absolutely amazing displayed next to this guy. So looking forward to that release.

Thanks. He does great work. That link doesn't seem to work anymore though.

My apologies. I currently only have my phone since I’m in the process of moving. Not really familiar with how to link the IG app to here from my phone. :slap :lol Where you able to find his page though? His IG name has the f word, so I’m not so sure I can post his username here. :lol

Please excuse the dire lighting/phone photo - but... I think I win the dubious 1st prize in the stain lottery on here so far?

Side One: Oh that's not too bad...
39290357310_4b5d154f85_z.jpg

Side Two: Holy crap that's the worst case of ringworm I've ever seen...
39290356370_bfcc292747_z.jpg

Unfortunately since Hot Toys opted for the one-piece painted neck I daren't try the usual chemical methods since they're liable to kill all of the paint, or even use one of my painted spare necks as a fix.

...Sigh... I've got the long-weekend to decide whether it's worth shooting the store an email. They're relatively tiny though, so I'm not sure if a replacement would even be on the cards.

Please excuse the dire lighting/phone photo - but... I think I win the dubious 1st prize in the stain lottery on here so far?

Oh man. I’m am so sorry. :( I really hope that the place you got it from can do something for you.

Please excuse the dire lighting/phone photo - but... I think I win the dubious 1st prize in the stain lottery on here so far?.

And i was convinced that i'm the winner. Uff, this is new level of bad. Still, with jacket or coat on it will not be visible.

Yikes, that goes beyond just a stain and looks like someone took a red marker to it.

Yeah, WOW! That is really bad. It legit looks like a toddler got into your HT collection and decided to doodle on Star-Lord's neck.

Let me help you with your decision: RETURN IT!!! :gah:

Hot Toys should be embarrassed at their terrible QC'ing with this figure and their lack of willingness to take responsibility for it. SAD!

just got my figure and am very happy with it, the only down side is that i got the deluxe and don't know which look to go for, i'm switching out his gear every thirty minutes........finally decided to go with the jacket, jetpack and masked head for Quill which looks pretty awesome. i also got one with a slight stain on one side but its barely visible so i think im good.

Yikes.. that one is pretty bad.. (I'm rushing off to check mine to make sure I still don't have any staining).. :horror

Thanks everyone! Hah yeah the glorious above photos show what this one should have looked like. Even with the hideous road rash mine has going on its still a great figure. (Hot Toys didn't cheap out and use solid one-piece boots for once!)

I think I will shoot the shop an email once the long weekend is up (there's no one in at the moment), it doesn't hurt to ask right? Though if their supplier is, as I suspect, Sideshow... Well... We know what their policy has been so far.

My apologies. I currently only have my phone since I’m in the process of moving. Not really familiar with how to link the IG app to here from my phone. :slap :lol Where you able to find his page though? His IG name has the f word, so I’m not so sure I can post his username here. :lol

No worries, lots of ways to contact him it seems. Thanks.

Just opened up my Star Lord for the first time and he has the stains on the back of the neck right below the "hairline" and some along the one side, with none on the other. I thought I was going to get lucky as I was removing the short jacket, but nope.

I got the deluxe for the long coat, and quite frankly I hate how tight it fits - I can't get the shirt sleeves to stay down, and when I get it on, it's so tight I feel like any posing will cause it to tear. Am I doing it wrong or something?

Last edited:
Back