1/6 Hot Toys - MMS420 - GOTG Vol.2 - Star-Lord Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just ordered. I decided i want something from Marvel so i choose to collect GotG for it's being just a few figures, not a bilion variants for each character like in case of mainstream Cap and Iron Man. And i love GotG movie style a lot of course. Looking forward to the figure.

Has nothing to do with being a sucker. First, the biggest issue I had was the characterization that because they didn’t offer you money to keep a figure you where keeping anyway that that is somehow an FU to all customers. It was simply a smart business move.

The homecoming issues is excactly the same type of issue. A product that’s not perfect due to the manufacturing, where there are a few that look perfect but the vast majority have the same issue. If they had perfect heads they would provide people would get them, and if they offered 20 bucks to keep the one you had, people would take it. Same situation.

As for them having returned stock and it sitting around..maybe. But for a figure that is totally sold out or waitlisted that wouldn’t be an issue. And, it’s still gonna be cheaper to have a few deadstock items then issue massive refunds to everyone. If they sold just 3000 of a figure and offered 20 bucks to everyone to keep a figure they where already keeping anyway that’s like 60,000 dollars. Per release. If just 10% of every different figure release had this type of issue..and that probably a low estimate, that’s over 400k a year given that 70ish figures where released from the last few years. That’s why it’s a good business move to not start the trend.

As for wanting a perfect figure for your 200 bucks...they offered to give your money back, correct? So it’s not about getting a perfect figure, it’s about keeping the figure and getting something additional.

As for the whole recall thing...first, it functions correctly and doesn’t hurt anyone so a recall was never gonna happen. Second, they offered to let you voluntarily “recall” it for a full refund. It’s the same thing. Very few companies are going to give you the option to both keep an item that is the same as every other product offering like it, and still give you money.

You could make the FU argument if they told you they know about the issue and they wouldn’t let you return it for your money back. That’s not what happened. If you keep it that’s on you not them. So you just gave yourself an FU

I'm getting a kick out of the fact that some rando stranger on the internet who knows nothing about is interpreting my own action and intent for me. :lol

For the record, you are entirely wrong.

Anyways, this all boils down to a difference of opinion on what customer service should be. No need to continue on with this debate, unless you wanna keep beating a dead horse. :horse

I'm getting a kick out of the fact that some rando stranger on the internet who knows nothing about is interpreting my own action and intent for me. :lol

For the record, you are entirely wrong.

Anyways, this all boils down to a difference of opinion on what customer service should be. No need to continue on with this debate, unless you wanna keep beating a dead horse. :horse

Well clearly since you said I was wrong it’s true. Lol and tellling me I’m wrong and then saying no more discussion is probably not the way to actually end a discussion.

The difference between your argument and mine is that I’m telling you the business side and why things are done a certain way and your telling me what you want. Would I also prefer Sideshow or hot toys to just give me money back for keeping a figure I was gonna keep anyway? Sure. Who wouldn’t. Which is your argument. Mine was and is that it makes little business sense to do so when you have a cornered market, the best product, you already offer reward points, random 50 dollar coupons, replacement parts, and returns for full refund if you are not satisfied with the product. But clearly, that is in fact poor customer service.

But you are clearly entirely wrong and let’s stop beating a dead horse. :wave

Has anyone been able to nail down what his Infinity War look will be? Some promo stuff it's more gotg2 style, but some there's some gotg1 stuff thrown in there.
I think it's a GOTG 2 jacket, a dark grey logoless shirt, and GOTG 1 style pants since he has the power toggles for his boots, which probably implies he'll have his rocket boots again.

Just wanted to set him up real quick out of the box, I’m due for a viewing of both movies soon so maybe I’ll get some inspiration but I can’t blame the guy who picked up like 6 versions of this, so many display options! A quick crummy pic here, but I’m at the point where I’m saying, “bring on the Infinity War figure so I can display him differently for a 3rd time!” :lol
190F553D-8720-4B81-9F6E-4D2ADEBCA73A.jpeg

Just wanted to set him up real quick out of the box, I’m due for a viewing of both movies soon so maybe I’ll get some inspiration but I can’t blame the guy who picked up like 6 versions of this, so many display options! A quick crummy pic here, but I’m at the point where I’m saying, “bring on the Infinity War figure so I can display him differently for a 3rd time!” :lol
View attachment 399591

I just picked this guy up last week at a local comic store, finally got a detolf in the mail today for the first time finally and actually pulled him out to look at. Incredible figure. I really hated I never got the first version, but now I’m pretty happy. It comes with a trench as well which is nice. Although I’m a bit scared to do clothing swaps as I have never done them before, much to my gfs disatisfaction as she thinks the trench coat is sexy lol. Any videos giving a detailed hands on with the process?

Figure is great and I recommend if you are on the fence to get it while you can!!!

I don’t think mine has a red neck, it didn’t look like it, idk if it comes like that or develops with head movement.

Well clearly since you said I was wrong it’s true. Lol and tellling me I’m wrong and then saying no more discussion is probably not the way to actually end a discussion.

The difference between your argument and mine is that I’m telling you the business side and why things are done a certain way and your telling me what you want. Would I also prefer Sideshow or hot toys to just give me money back for keeping a figure I was gonna keep anyway? Sure. Who wouldn’t. Which is your argument. Mine was and is that it makes little business sense to do so when you have a cornered market, the best product, you already offer reward points, random 50 dollar coupons, replacement parts, and returns for full refund if you are not satisfied with the product. But clearly, that is in fact poor customer service.

But you are clearly entirely wrong and let’s stop beating a dead horse. :wave

I ended it because what's the point in continuing with the back and forth? I could respond with an equally long response with my rationale, but since we both seem dead set on our opinions it just becomes a waste of time. So I'm just gonna carry on. :wave

PS: You are wrong, not me. :wink1:

Wow, crazy to see how much those old Walkman's are going for on ebay now.

Anyway, finally took a shot of mine with the headsculpt. It's not quite as cool a look as with the mask, but it still works pretty well.

20180315_2043555 (560x925).jpg

Honestly surprised that Sony hasn't cashed in on this and brought a retro Walkman back to market - seems like a way to effectively print money for them. Heck, integrate an SD card slot in it just to modernize it.

Honestly surprised that Sony hasn't cashed in on this and brought a retro Walkman back to market - seems like a way to effectively print money for them. Heck, integrate an SD card slot in it just to modernize it.

Considering the movies had the soundtrack available (in limited numbers) in cassette, it would be a great retro combo.

I've been toying with the idea of getting this but I really don't care for the head sculpt. His helmet looks great but not sure I'd ever the other.

Can anybody tell from the trailer if there's much difference between how the GOTG looks in Infinity War, compared to vol. 2?

I was going to wait for those versions but I don't have a sharp eye for the details and may just pick up these Vol. 2 versions instead.

Got mine yesterday unfortunately there’s a red stain on the left neck area. Might have to return this if alterego can’t get a replacement body which is ashame coz this figure is absolutely amazing.:(

Can anybody tell from the trailer if there's much difference between how the GOTG looks in Infinity War, compared to vol. 2?

I was going to wait for those versions but I don't have a sharp eye for the details and may just pick up these Vol. 2 versions instead.

I don't think there's many differences truthfully, Rocket and Groot have been released already so those differences are easy to see, but for Star-Lord, Gamora and Drax, they look pretty much the same as Vol 2
1.jpg
DYae5tqWAAU8W-M.jpg

Not many good shots below the waist, but Star Lord's jacket and hairstyle are pretty much identical between GotG2 and IW.

starlord.jpg

Vol 2 on left, IW trailer on right.

I'll be thrilled if I can just buy one set of the team that represents Vol 2 OR Infinity Wars (swapping out Yondu for Tween Groot as desired).

Back