1/6 Hot Toys - MMS420 - GOTG Vol.2 - Star-Lord Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hair is longer and facial hair is a bit different. Overall, he looks exactly the same. I don't see a new release on him unless he gets a new suit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

They'll just add whatever he's got that lets him create these platforms and repackage the standard Vol 2 figure, $309 :lol
2.jpg
3.jpg

Supposedly the movie takes place a few years after Vol 2, so kinda surprising the they didn't change up their looks a bit more. Unless maybe they just ran out of budget after coming up with new costumes for the hundred other characters. Lol

Hot toys will probably put a smirk on the new sculpt. They’ll do something. Watch! :lol

haha, and I'll probably tell myself I don't need it but I'll end up buying it anyway :lol

personally I'm glad they didn't switch too much up with his outfit, gives my jacket/outfit a longer shelf life for halloween,etc. :yess:

Supposedly the movie takes place a few years after Vol 2, so kinda surprising the they didn't change up their looks a bit more. Unless maybe they just ran out of budget after coming up with new costumes for the hundred other characters. Lol

Ha ha, good one. We are talking about Marvel and Disney. There is no budget. Just huge amount of wealth :lol And yes, it's weird, because new costumes sells new toys which is main source of income.

My Star Lord is at my house. My very first Marvel 1/6th scale (I got baby Groot last week).

Super excited!

My Star Lord is at my house. My very first Marvel 1/6th scale (I got baby Groot last week).

Super excited!

Great choice for a first figure !!

Did you get the Deluxe ?? If yes, don't get too spoiled with big selection of outfits and accessories !! :lol

Great choice for a first figure !!

Did you get the Deluxe ?? If yes, don't get too spoiled with big selection of outfits and accessories !! :lol

I actually passed on the deluxe. I’m not a huge fan of the long coat and the standard Star Lord has all the options I wanted.

So I finally got to get my Starlord today. Overall, I like him but he does have a couple of issues. The biggest issue for me so far was his rocket jet pack. The back bottom part is easy to slide in but snapping the top parts proved a bit difficult and on one side the snap came off onto the other side. Because of the shape of the body, I still made it work but it's annoying. I'm also annoyed because I(somehow) had it on my head that the jetpack would also fit on Drax. Not the case at all. In fact, all my issues with the jetpack have made me reconsider Yondu and which version I'll get if I really pull the trigger on him. I'm now leaning on the standard version for him rather than the deluxe. Another issue I have is one of Starlord's holsters is slightly bent making it impossible for one of his guns to attach. I tried to straighten it to no avail. But overall, so far so good. I haven't attempted to put on his transition helmet yet or to change him into the purple shirt(that honestly seems kinda complicated to me and I feel like it won't be nearly as simple as my T800 terminator shirt change either) but I have switched him from short coat to long coat. Both look great.

Likeness is great and I like his accessories in general and he goes well with the other marvel figures I have. They just need to put the new Gamora up for preorder and I'll be much better set.(well, and Mantis. And Nebula. and.... lol)

I got mine Yesterday in the UK amazing piece! I'm worried about the jacket pleather though.
Only issue I had with mine is the gloves have paint chips.

I have 1 gripe should of had more gloved hands :rotfl
Loving the long coat look! :D

After messing with mine for a bit I can say the tailoring is amazing. The accessories seems exceptionally fragile, and to echo what others have said the jet pack is very poorly designed. I feel like i’m going to break it whenever I touch it.

Tried to get alterego for a replacement body because of a red stain spot on the neck. They contacted sideshow but sideshow replied: "They are all like that with some shade or another. We don't have any replacement body. I suggest to use a slightly damp magic eraser to lighten up the color." Damn that sucks! Anyway I decided to keep this despite that coz I won't be displaying him without the jacket anyway. But do you guys have any suggestion on how to atleast minimize the red stain?

Attachments

• DSC02078.jpg
    DSC02078.jpg
    507.7 KB · Views: 192
Oops posted the wrong pic but here’s the stain that I’mtalking about. Pretty obvious when the jacket is off!
46A4FBFD-D881-41D3-83FD-A0FD375BCE6E.jpg

Back