1/6 Hot Toys - MMS409 - Suicide Squad - Batman (Rebreather Version) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HA. Didn't know my comment would turn into like 3-4 pages of debate about who's the best Batman. I should clarify a little. I think BVS was terrible and Affleck's performance didn't do anything to convince me he was great. That's all. I don't think he's bad but for me, if he's replaced I'll be totally fine with it. I mean, we all know he won't play him forever, I just mean if let's say he drops out of the batman for example...it's okay with me.

For me, Bale is the best. He was more credible as Batman as far as being a fighter. I like that everything he had(be it the batmobile, his gadgets, whatever) we got to say why he has it and what he uses it for. I love that(goofy as the voice can be), he attempted to develop a voice to use as Batman to sound different than Bruce Wayne. I also love Keaton Batman. Keaton's not much of a fighter but he has an undeniable presence. It's easier for me to see Keaton's Batman lurking in shadows and then disappearing before Gordon can catch his breath.

I love West but not as a definitive Batman. Just as a fun Batman I enjoy.

I think the reason so many people love Affleck Batman(and i'm sure it's not the only reason but I feel like it's making a big difference with many of you) is just how he looks. Affleck's Batman is the ONLY one that looks like the comics. I know many people that when these characters look like their comic book counterpart throw all logic and issues they may/may not have with the films/actors/etc. out the window and just stare at the majesty that is their heroes coming to life. I liked Batman in suicide squad. His entire(albeit small) role came off like some scene from Batman animated series with real people. But again, it's just a cameo. The real test is Justice League for me. That will ultimately decide where he ranks for me.

As for the figure, I'm probably gonna just preorder it when it goes up and if I change my mind later, cancel. Judging by it's projected release date it'll come out around the time Justice League hits theatres and it'll be great timing.

This is why it must suck to work for SSC. Calls from inpatient virgins about a Dollie PO.

Lol

It sucks to be validated of your supplied product line's demand? It sucks to engage with customers regardless of their demeanor, the mission statement of the occupation you willingly occupy? Right. Cool.

Yes X 3.

Impatient people is what makes those jobs absolutely suck.

They could be doing something else instead of telling someone to just ****ing wait (in nicer terms) until the PO stars and get out a little.

People will real concerns are put on hold for such amazingly stupid calls.

Last edited:
HA. Didn't know my comment would turn into like 3-4 pages of debate about who's the best Batman. I should clarify a little. I think BVS was terrible and Affleck's performance didn't do anything to convince me he was great. That's all. I don't think he's bad but for me, if he's replaced I'll be totally fine with it. I mean, we all know he won't play him forever, I just mean if let's say he drops out of the batman for example...it's okay with me.

For me, Bale is the best. He was more credible as Batman as far as being a fighter. I like that everything he had(be it the batmobile, his gadgets, whatever) we got to say why he has it and what he uses it for. I love that(goofy as the voice can be), he attempted to develop a voice to use as Batman to sound different than Bruce Wayne. I also love Keaton Batman. Keaton's not much of a fighter but he has an undeniable presence. It's easier for me to see Keaton's Batman lurking in shadows and then disappearing before Gordon can catch his breath.

I love West but not as a definitive Batman. Just as a fun Batman I enjoy.

I think the reason so many people love Affleck Batman(and i'm sure it's not the only reason but I feel like it's making a big difference with many of you) is just how he looks. Affleck's Batman is the ONLY one that looks like the comics. I know many people that when these characters look like their comic book counterpart throw all logic and issues they may/may not have with the films/actors/etc. out the window and just stare at the majesty that is their heroes coming to life. I liked Batman in suicide squad. His entire(albeit small) role came off like some scene from Batman animated series with real people. But again, it's just a cameo. The real test is Justice League for me. That will ultimately decide where he ranks for me.

As for the figure, I'm probably gonna just preorder it when it goes up and if I change my mind later, cancel. Judging by it's projected release date it'll come out around the time Justice League hits theatres and it'll be great timing.

It's all about opinions but exactly how was Bale better as a fighter? Bane made him look pathetic in that first sequence and even after finally beating him he has to be saved by Catwoman. I hated seeing Batman so weak. That's one area where Snyder got it right. Nolan is clearly a better storyteller but I'll never love his vision of Batman.

Batman should never get defeated so easily. When he's beaten it should be more like this:

Yes X 3.

They could be doing something else instead of telling someone to just ****ing wait (in nicer terms) until the PO stars and get out a little.

Thank you!

Yes X 3.

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that the irony of that statement is not lost on you, considering your very chastisement of impatience.

Excitement for a vendor's product is never a bane for that vendor. If customers express that excitement by making phone calls, then that is reason for the vendor to be excited. The potentially chore-like nature of answering those calls is, again, a prepared-for component of why those representatives are even there to begin with. If my place in the phone queue is delayed because someone else called first to ask a question, whether I think it's a superfluous question or not, that person totally deserves to ask it because she/he called first. And it's not like asking about product availability is outside the purview of (wait for it...) a product supplier. And even if the question is rooted more in emotional excitement than actual logistics, that emotional excitement has value to the customer and the vendor alike for what that excitement has the potential to become: a transaction. What do you think most commercials are trying to achieve?

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that the irony of that statement is not lost on you, considering your very chastisement of impatience.

Excitement for a vendor's product is never a bane for that vendor. If customers express that excitement by making phone calls, then that is reason for the vendor to be excited. The potentially chore-like nature of answering those calls is, again, a prepared-for component of why those representatives are even there to begin with. If my place in the phone queue is delayed because someone else called first to ask a question, whether I think it's a superfluous question or not, that person totally deserves to ask it because she/he called first. And it's not like asking about product availability is outside the purview of (wait for it...) a product supplier. And even if the question is rooted more in emotional excitement than actual logistics, that emotional excitement has value to the customer and the vendor alike for what that excitement has the potential to become: a transaction. What do you think most commercials are trying to achieve?

Did not read.

Not a single word.

Did not read.

Not a single word.

You know, when I first started collecting this stuff, I felt really silly for going to these forums all the time. Continuously reading up on new toys, ways to display them, coupons, etc. Then, I quickly came to find out that this place has people like this guy. I don't feel so bad about myself now.

I think it works on pre orders now even the new ones. Don't have to wait for a month or teo. That's what I heard. I sure do hope so...

You know, when I first started collecting this stuff, I felt really silly for going to these forums all the time. Continuously reading up on new toys, ways to display them, coupons, etc. Then, I quickly came to find out that this place has people like this guy. I don't feel so bad about myself now.

Your avatar is eye catching

Back