1/6 Hot Toys - MMS409 - Suicide Squad - Batman (Rebreather Version) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bale is the better Bruce Wayne for me, but I like Affleck's Batman more. It has more to do with his Bats looking more like his comic counterpart and Snyder being a lot better with his action/fight scenes. One thing I never liked about the Nolan trilogy is the fight scenes. I get in the first movie they want to create the myth that Bats fights in the shadows and nobody can really see him so he is like a blur, but even in TDK and Rises, the fights were pretty boring. I prefer a more stylized/choreographed fight over a street brawl when it comes to superhero movies.

Of all those actors, I actually like Keaton the best. But never cared for him as Batman, even as a kid. It works on its level, but it just didn't connect with me personally. I hated the super restrictive suit, which makes both of the other modern Batmen seem like they're gymnasts in leotards by contrast.

I love Burton's Batman – remember it coming out and the very 'special' feel there was around the movie –I've only experienced that with one other movie, the original Star Wars. And I was pleasantly surprised at Keaton – that said, however, you still thought watching him "he's too scrawny to be able to hold that guy over the roof" etc.
Burton's Batman, as much as I love it was a fairytale version of Batman ultimately, and is as much like my ideal Batman as the Lego version is.
The scene in the Wharehouse in BvS, and the scene with Deadshot in SS absolutely nailed Batman on the big screen for me.

Bale Batman is GOOFY. Grating voice, ugly suit, a characterization that takes a nose dive in the third movie, etc. His best performance is in the first movie and mostly when he's out of costume. His Batman acts like he got hit in the head with a ****ing baseball bat and his mouth is always open like he can't breathe.

Affleck Batman is a big oaf. He's in two awful movies, and seems stiff and uncomfortable
. There's nothing graceful about him. His electronic voice, while not as bad as Bale's Cookie Monster voice, is still strange and awkward sounding. He's like a cave man. The more you see of him, the worse he seems to gets.

Can't agree with that –*the wharehouse scene is the most fluid action of any Batman we've seen –*it was perfection!

The problem I have with Bale is the way Nolan took him... the whole desire to give up being Batman at the first opportunity, he became a whining b***h... and the whole '8 years later' bit in TDKR was ridiculous!

That wasn't Affleck in the suit during a lot of the warehouse fight. Certainly not him gracefully vaulting over crates or jump tackling opponents.

That wasn't Affleck in the suit during a lot of the warehouse fight. Certainly not him gracefully vaulting over crates or jump tackling opponents.

:lol:rotfl:lol

Ripping fanboys hearts out one by one.

He took that bullet to teh head though damn it.:lecture

I can never put keaton in a comparison with bale or afleck. Burton and Keaton paved the way man. We got a batman in a time where they couldn't take inspiration from any previous movies. As for bale. Always found the voice weird. Begins suit was closer to a batman look. The dark knight cemented his batman as the definite batman. Thats just my fav batman movie. BUT after watching batflecks suit and fighting style i looked back at bale and went "hmm" lol. i can only imagine afleck the praise afleck would get if he was in a high caliber movie as tdk. Damn. I dont see that happeing in JL so we will have to see his solo movie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The difficulty I have is that the BVS/SS figure is basically the best Batman figure ever produced--but both films were loathsome. That's just my experience, of course: I don't fault anyone who loved the films.

That's why I skipped the initial release. Batman and BVS is basically the Donald Trump of superheroes; a dangerous moron who is plotting to murder Superman to assuage his own feelings of impotence after a career of failures--and he kills everyone who gets in his way.

I know that his arc in the film is about coming back from that dark place, but the Batman I know would never put on the costume again if he realized his judgment had become so compromised.

Affleck's performance was great, and it was certainly the best looking Batman ever put to film. Had the film not depicted him as a monstrous murderer, he would have easily been the most on point depiction of the character.

I loved Keaton's Batman. He was a killer too, but thirty years of seperation mute my feelings on the issue.

Bale had a great Bruce Wayne and a mixed performance as Batman (the voice was occasionally a limiting factor), but his character was the most recognizable for me. Of course, he was pretty reckless and dropped bodies in his wake, too.

There's no perfect Batman, but the version in BVS is the most aggressively frustrating for me.

Still, the idea of having '92 Keaton, Armory Bale, and Affleck standing side by side on my shelf has a lot of appeal. There's a real chance I'll bite the bullet and order this figure.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

West would kick all their asses. Dude was way smarter too, and could also literally run circles around them in their fat rubber suits.

People's first impressions might be to dismiss West because of the tone of that show, but they also need to realize that, not only was he incredibly smart, but he was a bad mother****er. People laugh when they think of those "Bam!" And "Pow!" inserts, but if they pay attention to what's going on behind them, he's bashing chairs over people's heads and slamming them into walls.:lol

The difficulty I have is that the BVS/SS figure is basically the best Batman figure ever produced--but both films were loathsome. That's just my experience, of course: I don't fault anyone who loved the films.

That's why I skipped the initial release. Batman and BVS is basically the Donald Trump of superheroes; a dangerous moron who is plotting to murder Superman to assuage his own feelings of impotence after a career of failures--and he kills everyone who gets in his way.

I know that his arc in the film is about coming back from that dark place, but the Batman I know would never put on the costume again if he realized his judgment had become so compromised.

Affleck's performance was great, and it was certainly the best looking Batman ever put to film. Had the film not depicted him as a monstrous murderer, he would have easily been the most on point depiction of the character.

I loved Keaton's Batman. He was a killer too, but thirty years of seperation mute my feelings on the issue.

Bale had a great Bruce Wayne and a mixed performance as Batman (the voice was occasionally a limiting factor), but his character was the most recognizable for me. Of course, he was pretty reckless and dropped bodies in his wake, too.

There's no perfect Batman, but the version in BVS is the most aggressively frustrating for me.

Still, the idea of having '92 Keaton, Armory Bale, and Affleck standing side by side on my shelf has a lot of appeal. There's a real chance I'll bite the bullet and order this figure.

I relate to this a lot!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

People's first impressions might be to dismiss West because of the tone of that show, but they also need to realize that, not only was he incredibly smart, but he was a bad mother****er. People laugh when they think of those "Bam!" And "Pow!" inserts, but if they pay attention to what's going on behind them, he's bashing chairs over people's heads and slamming them into walls.:lol

His was also the nicest, cleanest and most pleasant Gotham City to live in; so West's Batman is the only successful one of the bunch!

West also actually had a Robin, a larger rogues gallery of villains (only Batman that can boast going up against small time crime AND The Joker, Penguin, Catwoman, the Riddler, Mr. Freeze, etc.), and the hottest, most scantily clad women.

Thats exactly what im going for. My trinity movie batmen lol. Hopefully down the road i can snag a bale hot toys. Now i have to settle with the kotobukiya one[emoji19]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back