1/6 Hot Toys - MMS409 - Suicide Squad - Batman (Rebreather Version) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bale is the better actor, by a pretty wide margin. And of course, was in films that were magnificent. Affleck was in terrible movies, but is a very solid actor overall, and better captures the essence of comic Batman. I can't critique either preference.
[emoji817]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why are you asking for other people's opinion? If you like it, buy it. Simple as that.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I love both Bale and Affleck. I have to say overall I like Affleck as Batman more. He is more intimidating. I love that final part of the warehouse fight (extended cut) when he walks up to that dude creepy smiling and hits him. You don't know what he does because it cuts scenes but man it's great.

Uhm, so you guys prefer the Batman who's basically a deranged psychopath over Bale? Don't get me wrong I liked Affleck in BvS but he wasn't exactly the real Batman/Bruce Wayne. Just my opinion though.

EDIT:

What I mean is is that the Bruce Wayne portrayed in that film wasn't or didn't really feel like Wayne.
Well, you've gotta look past a few things I think: 1) the wanton murdering (though he doesn't have the monopoly on in terms of movie Batmen); 2) the insane obsession with killing Superman, without having much of a basis for doing so; 3) MARTHA!!!!!!

On the other hand, Bale's Wayne is essentially Patrick Bateman. He didn't have quite the look and attitude of Batman that Affleck pulled off. Then, he turns out to be a mopey shut-in and quitter in Dark Knight Rises. He also made a series of other dopey decisions if you look really carefully--such as refusing to kill the one criminal in Begins, so instead, kills not only the criminal, but a bunch of other guys who signed up for the same reason he did with the League of Shadows.

So, both have problems, neither is perfect. But both also have their positive characteristics.

Guess you guys better make your opinions known here because Bale in crushing everyone.
https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/article/poll-who-is-the-best-movie-batman/
Kevin Conroy still gets my vote.

I just cant that Bale's throat cancer voice and inability to put a good fight.

Also Affleck wasn't just in a bad movies. Argo, or more recent Accountant were very good so as he.

Uhm, so you guys prefer the Batman who's basically a deranged psychopath over Bale? Don't get me wrong I liked Affleck in BvS but he wasn't exactly the real Batman/Bruce Wayne. Just my opinion though.

EDIT:

What I mean is is that the Bruce Wayne portrayed in that film wasn't or didn't really feel like Wayne.

You probably missed the point where is clear he lost Robin and somehow his whole Wayne manor. I guess that can piss off person enough to start being a little bit hard on criminals :)

Bale Batman is GOOFY. Grating voice, ugly suit, a characterization that takes a nose dive in the third movie, etc. His best performance is in the first movie and mostly when he's out of costume. His Batman acts like he got hit in the head with a ****ing baseball bat and his mouth is always open like he can't breathe.

Affleck Batman is a big oaf. He's in two awful movies, and seems stiff and uncomfortable. There's nothing graceful about him. His electronic voice, while not as bad as Bale's Cookie Monster voice, is still strange and awkward sounding. He's like a cave man. The more you see of him, the worse he seems to gets.

Both have their moments though. Bale is cool in Begins with the Flass interrogation scene and Affleck has (well had) a cool costume and things like the warehouse scene.

tl;dr

They both suck. Makes for some cool action figures and dolls tho.

West would kick all their asses. Dude was way smarter too, and could also literally run circles around them in their fat rubber suits.

Keaton>Bale>Affleck

Conroy=Best Voice duh
West = My goofy Batman

Keaton - Loved the world Burton built and his Batman was perfect for that world.
Bale - 2 fantastic movies, a more realistic Batman/Vigilante soldier thingy.
Affleck - Showed a ton of potential as a grizzled weary Batman but being wasted in bad movies. Tim Burton please make a career renaissance here.

Of all those actors, I actually like Keaton the best. But never cared for him as Batman, even as a kid. It works on its level, but it just didn't connect with me personally. I hated the super restrictive suit, which makes both of the other modern Batmen seem like they're gymnasts in leotards by contrast.

Keaton's Batman is a balding, scrawny, DYEL, manlet who is also just as stiff as the other 4.

Yea but West has a trusty Robin......

True, not really fair considering Robin could also kick their asses by himself. 2 against 1 ain't right. Maybe if Affleck, Keaton, Bale, Clooney and Kilmer teamed up they'd fair better . . .

Back