1/6 Hot Toys - MMS409 - Suicide Squad - Batman (Rebreather Version) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here’s a WIP pic while I was working on it. Right side is the Repaint and also a pic in a much duller/natural light.
1f506e8c80fee51a215123e93b51624d.jpg
713c1d20ebcc773ccd6c1033e32e0636.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very cool. Looks just like the promo BVS pics. Definitely get the Unreal cape though. You won’t be disappointed.

Thanks guys! The cape I used is Jaxons although I am leaning towards getting the unreal Toys cape as it look thinner around the collar/front tab area which should be totally flush to the suit.

As for the paint, I just used slightly watered down acrylic and applied it very lightly in almost a dry brush kind of technique to avoid and heavy paint buildup and to maintain the flexibility of the suit. I really just hit all the raised areas and barely got any into the grooves/crevices of the suit for a muscle shading effect.

Thanks man. Cape looks amazing there.

Very cool. Looks just like the promo BVS pics. Definitely get the Unreal cape though. You won’t be disappointed.

Thanks! And yea I was aiming for a slightly darker shade than the promo pics. Hearing a lot of good things about the unreal cape, def more than the other options so I think I will go for it.

The SS version is definitely the improved version with the added mass and corrected space between emblem and cowl. The only negatives are the cape and inconsistency of the suit color. I got one of the darker batches to where it was borderline black/charcoal. So I repainted the suit and got a custom cape to resolve those issues.
a513fead190e99ee4ff48a924ff6108a.jpg

Looks awesome. Great work on the cape and the repaint

Justice League Bluray came out yesterday, and this section was awfully quiet.
Kinda wondering if the movie was truly disappointing to a lot of people and not just the box office.

As much as I ate crow for thinking Affleck was gonna suck in BvS, for me personally, was surprised as in my Batmen comparison, I thought he has been the best Batman so far.
On Justice League though, I still like him, I thought he was great, but not as good as he was in BvS. But I think that also has a lot to do with the directors, forced by WB to making him lighter.
So its not his fault, just like Clooney I think could have still been a good Batman with the proper director.

I wonder though if casting Affleck has a lot to do with a lot of people getting turned off. He is one of those actors that you could either really love, or absolute abhor just seeing his face.
Being a big Batman fan, I was willing to overlook my dislike for him and be open minded to see for myself.
But I wonder if there's a lot of people who were never really fond of him and turned off by the casting that they never were willing to see for themselves on the big screen, and just prefer seeing the movie on dvd/bluray.

I have to be honest, If I wasnt a big Batman fan, and say, they casted Matt Damon as Batman...another guy I kinda really can't stand, I probably would have passed in going to the movies and just waited to see the movie on bluray.

Kinda wondering if the movie was truly disappointing to a lot of people and not just the box office.

As much as I ate crow for thinking Affleck was gonna suck in BvS, for me personally, was surprised as in my Batmen comparison, I thought he has been the best Batman so far.
On Justice League though, I still like him, I thought he was great, but not as good as he was in BvS. But I think that also has a lot to do with the directors, forced by WB to making him lighter.
So its not his fault, just like Clooney I think could have still been a good Batman with the proper director.

I wonder though if casting Affleck has a lot to do with a lot of people getting turned off. He is one of those actors that you could either really love, or absolute abhor just seeing his face.
Being a big Batman fan, I was willing to overlook my dislike for him and be open minded to see for myself.
But I wonder if there's a lot of people who were never really fond of him and turned off by the casting that they never were willing to see for themselves on the big screen, and just prefer seeing the movie on dvd/bluray.

I have to be honest, If I wasnt a big Batman fan, and say, they casted Matt Damon as Batman...another guy I kinda really can't stand, I probably would have passed in going to the movies and just waited to see the movie on bluray.

I thought the same way when Keaton was cast back in 89. All I kept saying was "Mr. Mom is going to be Batman?!? I honestly thought it was going to suck and I quickly learned my lesson to never underestimate someones acting ability again :lol. Oh, and Keaton's my favorite :wink1:...lol...

I thought the same way when Keaton was cast back in 89. All I kept saying was "Mr. Mom is going to be Batman?!? I honestly thought it was going to suck and I quickly learned my lesson to never underestimate someones acting ability again :lol. Oh, and Keaton's my favorite :wink1:...lol...

Keaton was actually also my favorite for the longest time, I thought he was even better than Bale, but I give Bale the nod for the best Batman/Bruce Wayne combo.
I thought Keaton was great as Batman, his Bruce Wayne was likeable, but wasnt great.

With my whole Matt Damon analogy, I honestly think that would have really pushed it for me to skip the movie theater.
So as much as I think Affleck is great in BvS, in some ways, I'm actually kinda thinking that it might be a great idea if they cast some other unknown for the next Batman movie, like Cavill who was unknown to most people until Superman.

i did the exact same thing w/ ledger! :lol
what a stupid thing that was on my part!!

Keaton was actually also my favorite for the longest time, I thought he was even better than Bale, but I give Bale the nod for the best Batman/Bruce Wayne combo.
I thought Keaton was great as Batman, his Bruce Wayne was likeable, but wasnt great.

With my whole Matt Damon analogy, I honestly think that would have really pushed it for me to skip the movie theater.
So as much as I think Affleck is great in BvS, in some ways, I'm actually kinda thinking that it might be a great idea if they cast some other unknown for the next Batman movie, like Cavill who was unknown to most people until Superman.

I think that would be a great idea if they ended up casting an unknown for Batman. Doing that might remove that doubt of a known actor (like you and I were talking about between Keaton and Affleck). I wouldn't mind a fresh face for the role, imho.

Small side-note. I liked Bale's Bruce Wayne better than his Batman. That growl he did toward the latter two movies grated on my nerves, lol...

i did the exact same thing w/ ledger! :lol
what a stupid thing that was on my part!!

lol, hard lesson to learn, wasn't it? To this day, my wife whenever she sees Batman '89, just loves to remind me of what I said from a long time ago (I've been with her since '88, so she knows me all too well, lol).

Thanks guys! The cape I used is Jaxons although I am leaning towards getting the unreal Toys cape as it look thinner around the collar/front tab area which should be totally flush to the suit.

As for the paint, I just used slightly watered down acrylic and applied it very lightly in almost a dry brush kind of technique to avoid and heavy paint buildup and to maintain the flexibility of the suit. I really just hit all the raised areas and barely got any into the grooves/crevices of the suit for a muscle shading effect.

If you sell the cape send me a pm I’ll take it.

Visual wise, JL is sub par compared to MOS and BVS.

Back