1/6 Hot Toys - MMS409 - Suicide Squad - Batman (Rebreather Version) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally unboxed and posed my Batman yesterday. Mine is darker than my BVS Batman.
d22e4ada69350e9dd4288a33a155f4a8.jpg

b9f7bc7e147962a560cd98e05912cf8f.jpg

Love the blue repaint! Wish WB would go for something like this in the movies.

I'm trying to decide between the BvS or the SS, and after reading this topic, I can't make up my mind :lol there are so many different opinions,
I thought the SS version was more lighter, but on some photos, he looks darker almost black, the only thing i know : i prefer the BvS base, and the SS cape is cool for dynamic pose, but i'm not really fan of the aspect of the material used.

I'm trying to decide between the BvS or the SS, and after reading this topic, I can't make up my mind :lol there are so many different opinions,
I thought the SS version was more lighter, but on some photos, he looks darker almost black, the only thing i know : i prefer the BvS base, and the SS cape is cool for dynamic pose, but i'm not really fan of the aspect of the material used.

They're both cool, but having both, SS for me personally.
I was very glad I didn't sell him as I was originally just gonna stick with just the BvS, and I decided to wait until I have it in hand before making the decision.
The added mass was a huge plus, its night and day for me when you have them side by side.
Also, on mine, the difference in color was significant, my SS was a lot lighter than my very dark BvS and also fixed a nitpick I have with the BvS, in that there's not a lot of contrast between the suit and the bat symbol.
Take note that I believe the coloring on the costume is custom painted, hence why some have lighter or darker figures, so I'm going by my figures.
But for me, I was glad I decided to wait before selling him, as I favor the SS between the two.

Based on my figures I, like Remy, prefer my SS Version. However, my SS Batman is significantly darker than my BVS Version. While I do appreciate the lighter suit (which contrasts nicely with the Bat symbol), I must say the added bulk of the SS Version is the deciding factor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The colour variations in these suits is so odd. My SS Bats is a lighter grey than the BvS Bats I had where they grey was almost black. This variation doesn't seem to happen with Supes so why Bats?

Don't assuming by getting this figure it will be darker or lighter and likewise with BvS Bats. Seems to be a complete lottery when buying one new, it could be light grey, almost black or anything in between.

If you want a lighter one the best thing might be to look for one pre owned where you can see exactly how light or dark that particular figure is.

50 nuances of grey :lol Thanks you for yours advices guys

i see this review and the guy is so so enthusiastic about the SS version and He insists on the fact the figure is muche lighter than the BvS version :

The SS version is definitely the improved version with the added mass and corrected space between emblem and cowl. The only negatives are the cape and inconsistency of the suit color. I got one of the darker batches to where it was borderline black/charcoal. So I repainted the suit and got a custom cape to resolve those issues.
a513fead190e99ee4ff48a924ff6108a.jpg

The SS version is definitely the improved version with the added mass and corrected space between emblem and cowl. The only negatives are the cape and inconsistency of the suit color. I got one of the darker batches to where it was borderline black/charcoal. So I repainted the suit and got a custom cape to resolve those issues.

Nice job man. Which cape is that?

What paint did you use? That is how I wish mine looked and how they should have come out of the factory! For all the praise this figure gets, and it is stunning, the lack of colour accuracy is frustrating. Given that this was their second go at the figure you'd think they'd have nailed it.

Excellent custom paint work, Yodasodabo!

Nice job man. Which cape is that?

What paint did you use? That is how I wish mine looked and how they should have come out of the factory! For all the praise this figure gets, and it is stunning, the lack of colour accuracy is frustrating. Given that this was their second go at the figure you'd think they'd have nailed it.

Thanks guys! The cape I used is Jaxons although I am leaning towards getting the unreal Toys cape as it look thinner around the collar/front tab area which should be totally flush to the suit.

As for the paint, I just used slightly watered down acrylic and applied it very lightly in almost a dry brush kind of technique to avoid and heavy paint buildup and to maintain the flexibility of the suit. I really just hit all the raised areas and barely got any into the grooves/crevices of the suit for a muscle shading effect.

Here’s a WIP pic while I was working on it. Right side is the Repaint and also a pic in a much duller/natural light.
1f506e8c80fee51a215123e93b51624d.jpg
713c1d20ebcc773ccd6c1033e32e0636.jpg

Back