1/6 Hot Toys - MMS400 D18 - Iron Man 2 - Mark V Diecast Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This figure really impressed me. I owned the original and sold it some years back as it just aged really quickly after the die cast figures became the standard. I bought this more or less to fill the void, but it's exceeded all my expectations. The engineering on the biceps, and the chest paneling and the way it all moves is just so satisfying. And they fixed the chrome that was sorely lacking on the original and that alone give it a whole new depth.

I am slightly bummed that the clean rib panel on the figure's right side has a very minor paint bubble... it's petty and barely noticeable but I can't unsee it. Anyone know of BBTS does replacement parts ever? Otherwise my only hope is toy anxiety or eBay, but I fear it's unlikely a figure of this value will be parted out.

This figure really impressed me. I owned the original and sold it some years back as it just aged really quickly after the die cast figures became the standard. I bought this more or less to fill the void, but it's exceeded all my expectations. The engineering on the biceps, and the chest paneling and the way it all moves is just so satisfying. And they fixed the chrome that was sorely lacking on the original and that alone give it a whole new depth.

I am slightly bummed that the clean rib panel on the figure's right side has a very minor paint bubble... it's petty and barely noticeable but I can't unsee it. Anyone know of BBTS does replacement parts ever? Otherwise my only hope is toy anxiety or eBay, but I fear it's unlikely a figure of this value will be parted out.

AFAIK BBTS doesnt do replacement parts I think they'll just do a return/refund you if you have an issue with it(if no replacements are available) but BBTS has been strict about the little QC issues stuff lately.

Try asking Sideshow. I read somewhere that Sideshow does replacement parts if you purchase from a retail store that they distribute to, like BBTS. Doesn’t hurt to ask.

Got mine in today. Overall very happy with this one. I sold my original one not long after I got it because it was just not up to par compared to the other plastic armors of the time. This diecast version is light years ahead with all the articulation/moving parts, battle damaged bits and extra Tony head.

Amazing figure, seems a bit fragile, but just incredible value, makes me want to get a Pepper figure so she can hold the suitcase

35AB993D-A31B-4FC4-9B10-8AFA87A60842.jpg

9E683C8A-AD42-45ED-8123-730ABA1266C6.jpg

7B99FD35-2775-46BD-B127-60A16ADC657E.jpg

70F86774-C6D6-4BF3-9A24-0742B67C9E99.jpg

1A4531CD-A483-4F6D-8596-7DED686E128E.jpg

D8B62640-260E-4B97-A958-53A4E3F6029E.jpg

527A3822-3AC4-4D53-9AD6-E1681396D996.jpg

I definitely was prepared to hate the Tony sculpt out of the box, but it really looks MUCH better in person. @ksteezy's picture does it much more justice.

Hi, can anyone tell me please how many leg pull down positions there are between fully up & fully down ie 1,2 or 3, thanks i dont want to break the leg retainer.

Hi, can anyone tell me please how many leg pull down positions there are between fully up & fully down ie 1,2 or 3, thanks i dont want to break the leg retainer.

If you’re asking about the joint that connects the hips to each leg then it feels like 3 clicks on mine but they are EXTREMELY stiff.

As a side note, the ankles do not extend so you must use the hip joints and the torso extensions for height adjustment.

EDIT: the 1st and 3rd “clicks” are tiny extensions (like less than 5mm) while the 2nd “click” is easily the longest extension point.

hi, many thanks for the info ( its something hot toys probably should state in the booklet) ianr

Sideshow still has it that you can join the waitlist, so i can't imagine that they would continue letting people join and not closing the waitlist, if they didn't plan on getting more shipments of this

Looking forward to this figure after seeing all of these great in-hand pics.

Just paid off the remaining balance at SS early. Hopefully I’ll have it by the end of next week.

Guys, quick question.
The mark V hot toys / does the figure have minor battle damage / worn marks all across the figure like hands / feet / legs, helmet head etc. like minor battle damage look and feel? (Not talking about the add on battle damage extra parts) but referring to the figure as one receives assembled.

Guys, quick question.
The mark V hot toys / does the figure have minor battle damage / worn marks all across the figure like hands / feet / legs, helmet head etc. like minor battle damage look and feel? (Not talking about the add on battle damage extra parts) but referring to the figure as one receives assembled.

Yes, there is a post a couple pages back that shows (under a bright flash) of what the BD looks like.

I haven't heard anything regarding the WL. I did buy one elsewhere but I'm still on the WL. It's been awhile since release so it's not looking good.

Back