1/6 Hot Toys - MMS357 - Avengers: AoU - Scarlet Witch (New Avengers Ver.) Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love my civie Steve Rogers figure. I have a buddy who is constantly trying to get me to sell it to him but I will not.

I just got off the phone with Sideshow. They turned my order into a flexpay like I wanted so that'll make this easier on me. My paydays through July will consist of me paying off Cap/SW one payday and Fury/Finn from star wars the next. By the way, if anybody ordered the Star Wars Finn, they said he's still on schedule. With Rey being delayed, I wondered if he would be too.

I would have bought the Bruce Banner figure, if it had actually looked like Mark Ruffalo.

How many sculpts were that lifelike back then though?. We've been pretty spoilt by RDjr and Chris Evans the last movie. The AoU lineup seems to be the start of some pretty good sculpts, but none of my figures earlier than that (aside from DX-13) have been that close..

Same thing with the civvie Steve Rogers figure. Though personally, that's actually one of my more favorite Cap figures.

I love my civie Steve Rogers figure. I have a buddy who is constantly trying to get me to sell it to him but I will not.

The Steve Rogers civvies in TWS was an awesome figure, but that was not sold as a standalone. The reason why people like that one, along with civvies Stark and same goes with a possible civvies Natasha, is that if the character appears in civvies during meaningful scenes or action scenes, then people will accept and buy the civvies version of the superheroes...Banner doesn't fit that category yet...

How many sculpts were that lifelike back then though?. We've been pretty spoilt by RDjr and Chris Evans the last movie. The AoU lineup seems to be the start of some pretty good sculpts, but none of my figures earlier than that (aside from DX-13) have been that close..

If I recall, the Banner figure actually released around the same time the first AoU figures started releasing.

The Steve Rogers civvies in TWS was an awesome figure, but that was not sold as a standalone. The reason why people like that one, along with civvies Stark and same goes with a possible civvies Natasha, is that if the character appears in civvies during meaningful scenes or action scenes, then people will accept and buy the civvies version of the superheroes...Banner doesn't fit that category yet...

I personally like the civvie Steve Rogers figure because "Steve Rogers" isn't really a dual identity for him; even without the suit on, he's still Captain America. In civvie clothes, he's still sometimes called "Captain America" and still sometimes called "Steve" while in full Captain America garb.

He doesn't need his suit to spring into action. Just give him his shield and he can spring into action if necessary.

While dual, secret identities can be fun, I personally like that a lot of recent superhero films these days are seemingly moving away from that a bit, even with characters that are well known to have two personas such as Superman/Clark Kent and Batman/Bruce Wayne.

That's one thing what I like about the MCU Avengers up to this point. Hulk is, well Hulk.. Thor isn't a god. Barton and Natasha are just exceptional human beings. They don't really have costumes, they have uniforms. And their superhero names are really just codenames. Cap and Iron Man are still Rogers and Stark. The twins just dressed in their clothes and I don't recall their 'superhero' names used except in passing. It keeps it all a bit more real, even if the characters are starting to move into some pretty crazy technology and "magic"... (The Ant-Man tech made the first couple of Iron Man suit's tech look like child's play. Dr Strange is really going change reality as we know it in the real world.)

With DC TV, I actually like the way they did it with The Flash. Most of the names are all crazy nicknames that Cisco has come up with. Arrow on the other hand I'm starting to find is getting really corny. The way they refer to each other by their superhero names when in costume, even in private.. it's starting to remind me of classic Adam West Batman..

That's one thing what I like about the MCU Avengers up to this point. Hulk is, well Hulk.. Thor isn't a god. Barton and Natasha are just exceptional human beings. They don't really have costumes, they have uniforms. And their superhero names are really just codenames. Cap and Iron Man are still Rogers and Stark. The twins just dressed in their clothes and I don't recall their 'superhero' names used except in passing. It keeps it all a bit more real, even if the characters are starting to move into some pretty crazy technology and "magic"... (The Ant-Man tech made the first couple of Iron Man suit's tech look like child's play. Dr Strange is really going change reality as we know it in the real world.)

With DC TV, I actually like the way they did it with The Flash. Most of the names are all crazy nicknames that Cisco has come up with. Arrow on the other hand I'm starting to find is getting really corny. The way they refer to each other by their superhero names when in costume, even in private.. it's starting to remind me of classic Adam West Batman..

My sentiments as well.

It eliminates any sort of camp at all in that respect and gives it more verisimilitude, in my opinion.

I thought Widow was given a Soviet version of the Super Soldier serum which was a little weaker.

News from HK forum:

4/26 is start of preorder for 500 sets of this NA SW for regular Joes, and early reports from HK is that folks are waiting for CW SW PO and none too willing to pick this exclusive up...some have termed this PO as "slow"...

It sounds like cleavage sells...again...

This is the precursor to the CS SW, it shouldn't be compared as it's merely meant to offer fans of the character a chance to own the New Avengers Costume as seen in the AoU movie.

While I know the SS site is on Waitlist, it doesn't surprise me that it's been considered 'slow' because of the above; this IS a special interest piece - marketed at fans of the character (IMO), and therefore isn't going to appeal to many regular Joes, save a few that might just want a go-to, SW as a one off.

CW SW is going to play out like the Civilian SW in AoU. Which is to say it's the main piece; so yeah for that reason it makes perfect sense that people want it, because that is the next big movie, and indeed it's costume she will be wearing for a good portion of it I wager. Therefore this will be the figure which is going to 'match' other figures from the CW line.

I don't care if this is all about money for Hot Toys, they're a business - so go figure. For me, I'm just really happy that costume I never thought I would see (outside of customs) has been put out, for a character that's not Iron man.

This /exclusive/ figure, as fantastic as it is, is only gong to appeal to a small demographic.

After seeing Civil War, I'm definitely happy I preordered the NA version. And that's all I'll say about that without spoiling the movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the precursor to the CS SW, it shouldn't be compared as it's merely meant to offer fans of the character a chance to own the New Avengers Costume as seen in the AoU movie.

While I know the SS site is on Waitlist, it doesn't surprise me that it's been considered 'slow' because of the above; this IS a special interest piece - marketed at fans of the character (IMO), and therefore isn't going to appeal to many regular Joes, save a few that might just want a go-to, SW as a one off.

CW SW is going to play out like the Civilian SW in AoU. Which is to say it's the main piece; so yeah for that reason it makes perfect sense that people want it, because that is the next big movie, and indeed it's costume she will be wearing for a good portion of it I wager. Therefore this will be the figure which is going to 'match' other figures from the CW line.

I don't care if this is all about money for Hot Toys, they're a business - so go figure. For me, I'm just really happy that costume I never thought I would see (outside of customs) has been put out, for a character that's not Iron man.

This /exclusive/ figure, as fantastic as it is, is only gong to appeal to a small demographic.

:goodpost:

After seeing Civil War, I'm definitely happy I preordered the NA version. And that's all I'll say about that without spoiling the movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regardless of how much or how little a character may wear in a film the costume that the official figure for that film features, I would still get that figure if I were attempting to build a collection of figures from that film because it's still the figure that conforms to and is intended to represent that film.

LOL...very funny...I meant Captain America: Civil War...

Can't wait...but may have to skip the first weekend...

It wasn't meant to be funny honestly. It's just that this suit is from AoU, so I assumed you were talking about AoU. :)

Back