1/6 Hot Toys - MMS357 - Avengers: AoU - Scarlet Witch (New Avengers Ver.) Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's so empty :rotfl I can't wait to fill it up!!

Cool! Besides Scarlet Witch what do you plan to fill it with?

As for dusting, I just have traditional shelves which fit my office really well so I am doomed to always need to dust. Speaking of which I was thinking of getting a few cans of compressed air to help dust, like the kind used to get those hard to reach areas like on a keyboard. Looking for something that both gets into the crevasses like on a lot of Iron Man's armor or might get dust of the clothes better. Basically for anything where wiping with a rag or duster doesn't work well. Anyone else try this? Any concerns or problems with using compressed air to dust your figures?

As a sidenote though: I didn't realise it's not sealed/close enough at the corners to be almost-closed off. Has anyone had any issues with dust on figures? =/ That's kinda while I wanted a display cabinet, to avoid dusting, so it would suck to find out I still need to dust :lol

I try to dust once a month. There are a few members here that have put something in the spaces to keep the dust out though

Mhm, I use an air filter, takes everything out of the room, but I still have to dust occasionally, but it's always light when I do

I've been thinking about one of those, especially as I now have some rare statues. Which one did you get?

Nice size too!
- I'll have a look around the web and see if they are still available in the UK
The filters last a long time too, a few months and it creates a good vacuum in any room so the dust gets sucked in even from across the room, downside it can be noisy on the top setting but I don't mind that, it actually helps me sleep :lol
It's also got a built in Ioniser which is really great for removing dust

The filters last a long time too, a few months and it creates a good vacuum in any room so the dust gets sucked in even from across the room, downside it can be noisy on the top setting but I don't mind that, it actually helps me sleep :lol
It's also got a built in Ioniser which is really great for removing dust

:lol

Well I'd be leaving it on while I'm in work, and then probably drop the level down while I'm in the room. I believe most are pretty noisy, but it's a small price to pay IMO.

Not directly NA Wanda related, but seeing as the discussion was on here: I finally got my detolf today! It's all up and ready for NA Wanda to arrive!

https://i.imgur.com/QCcfu1k.jpg

It's so [I]empty[/I] :rotfl I can't wait to fill it up!!

As a sidenote though: I didn't realise it's not sealed/close enough at the corners to be almost-closed off. Has anyone had any issues with dust on figures? =/ That's kinda while I wanted a display cabinet, to avoid dusting, so it would suck to find out I still need to dust :lol[/QUOTE]

Looks great, congrats! As Jaymas said, other than with Quicksilver and various Scarlet Witch figures (:lol), what else do you plan to fill it up with?

As far as dusting, like DA said, usually once a month should be fine. As also mentioned, some members insert strips into the voids to seal it up a bit more, but even then, they said it still requires dusting once in awhile, being that dust always finds a way in.

I don't have any strips on mine and I just dust mine once a month at the minimum. I simply clean all the glass and take all the figures out and spray them with those dust-off air containers.

As a sidenote though: I didn't realise it's not sealed/close enough at the corners to be almost-closed off. Has anyone had any issues with dust on figures? =/ That's kinda while I wanted a display cabinet, to avoid dusting, so it would suck to find out I still need to dust :lol

Add Molding Tape to the inside of the edge (not the door itself), so that the door closes fairly snug against it, but doesn't impede the door. The link below will give you an idea of what I'm talking about. It's good for outdoor use, so it's pretty good about keeping the majority of the dust out. It comes in several thicknesses, and should be found in any larger-scale hardware store. The stuff I use is about 1/4" thick.

https://www.amazon.com/3M-03616-Sco..._SR234,320_&psc=1&refRID=JA4E350GE5Q5D626Q6KV

Looks great, congrats! As Jaymas said, other than with Quicksilver and various Scarlet Witch figures :)lol), what else do you plan to fill it up with?

Thanks! :rotfl I've got CW Cap, Bucky, and Hawkeye on pre order at the moment :) And I also currently have TWS Bucky to put in there with the twins too!

Add Molding Tape to the inside of the edge (not the door itself), so that the door closes fairly snug against it, but doesn't impede the door. The link below will give you an idea of what I'm talking about. It's good for outdoor use, so it's pretty good about keeping the majority of the dust out. It comes in several thicknesses, and should be found in any larger-scale hardware store. The stuff I use is about 1/4" thick.

https://www.amazon.com/3M-03616-Sco..._SR234,320_&psc=1&refRID=JA4E350GE5Q5D626Q6KV

Awesome, I'll look into that. Thank you!

And thanks to everyone else who commented on the dust thing! Tbh if I'd realised it had gaps I wouldn't have got it! :rotfl But too late now!

Back