1/6 Hot Toys - MMS357 - Avengers: AoU - Scarlet Witch (New Avengers Ver.) Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The description says between July and September... I'm hoping it'll be closer to the July date.

I only want ONE Scarlet Witch. I try to just get one of each character with only a few exceptions. I also try to get the versions that remind me most of their classic look in the comics. Without a more direct interpretation of her comic costume (which wouldn't have worked in a film) Wanda is one of those figures where a case could be made for both the NA and CW versions. I chose the NA version because I like it from the first time I saw it briefly on screen, but the CW version is really growing on me. I plan to pose her next to Vision and perhaps have them both in a kinda "West Coast Avengers" group of Hawkeye and War Machine too.

Anyway, I can't wait till NA Wanda ships so I can pose her with Vision. To me, the figure which looks best with Vision wins. I'll re-evaluate if I'd rather have the CW version after having the NA one in hand. But I have the feeling that once I have the NA version I am not going to want anything else.

I collect main movie lines(AVnegers, AoU, CW, I consider it an Avengers movie even if its CA 3, Avengers 3, etc), not too much solo movies so screen time is important to me. If I collected just the best representation of each character to build my own team I definitely would have bought the NA version, even over the CW version.

I only want ONE Scarlet Witch. I try to just get one of each character with only a few exceptions. I also try to get the versions that remind me most of their classic look in the comics. Without a more direct interpretation of her comic costume (which wouldn't have worked in a film) Wanda is one of those figures where a case could be made for both the NA and CW versions. I chose the NA version because I like it from the first time I saw it briefly on screen, but the CW version is really growing on me. I plan to pose her next to Vision and perhaps have them both in a kinda "West Coast Avengers" group of Hawkeye and War Machine too.

Anyway, I can't wait till NA Wanda ships so I can pose her with Vision. To me, the figure which looks best with Vision wins. I'll re-evaluate if I'd rather have the CW version after having the NA one in hand. But I have the feeling that once I have the NA version I am not going to want anything else.

If you want just one SW figure to sort of represent the character as an aggregate whole, I think you made a good choice in selecting the NA one.

I cancelled my PO on the NA SW last night, as I ordered the CW version. Madness? Maybe. It was a really tough decision to make (in the grand scheme of things lol) but the CW won out for me because it's closer to her comic look, it's a little sexier, she wears it onscreen for longer and it's the more recent costume. Of course, there will no doubt be another version come IW time but that's a bridge to cross then!

The NA version will always be the most valued one. Right now the prices in China are over the top for the very few left. I would not cancel a SS order if I had one. There will be always time to catch the CW one...

The NA version will always be the most valued one. Right now the prices in China are over the top for the very few left. I would not cancel a SS order if I had one. There will be always time to catch the CW one...

I can only afford one of them and wouldn't be looking to sell if I had kept the NA one. I decided I prefered the CW edition so went for that.

Experience taught me that you never know what you will need to sell in this hobby....[emoji6][emoji6][emoji6]

I can only afford one of them and wouldn't be looking to sell if I had kept the NA one. I decided I prefered the CW edition so went for that.

Collect what you like. With HT nothing really holds it's value anymore especially Marvel.

Collect what you like. With HT nothing really holds it's value anymore especially Marvel.

Maybe that is true in US but here in Europe almost every HT holds its original value (and many times it goes over it) ,EXCEPT for the many many clones from Marvel (BW ,Cap,Hawkeye,ecc). That's why ScarletWitch NA is a good bet,because there ever will be fewer copies of it and sooner or later it will become rare. It will not happen for the AoU or CW versions.

Collect what you like indeed. I like to think that something's value is as much as it's worth to you. Some figures are worth at least retail to me, some aren't worth having even at retail. If you pay $500 for a figure, it's because you felt it was worth that much to you to have in your collection. If you don't pay even retail, you didn't feel it was worth even retail to you to have that badly in your collection.

The one who ultimately makes the final choice, is you. Pay as much or as less as you feel it's worth to you.

Maybe that is true in US but here in Europe almost every HT holds its original value (and many times it goes over it) ,EXCEPT for the many many clones from Marvel (BW ,Cap,Hawkeye,ecc). That's why ScarletWitch NA is a good bet,because there ever will be fewer copies of it and sooner or later it will become rare. It will not happen for the AoU or CW versions.

Maybe NA SW will be one of the exceptions because of the fewer number unless it doesn't age well and the newer SW are so much better and demand falls(kind of like Golden Age Cap, Midas, Python, Stormtrooper Luke, Stealth Iron Man, SWAT Gordon, Rescue Cap) or it could become a Coulson.

Maybe NA SW will be one of the exceptions because of the fewer number unless it doesn't age well and the newer SW are so much better and demand falls(kind of like Golden Age Cap, Midas, Python, Stormtrooper Luke, Stealth Iron Man, SWAT Gordon, Rescue Cap) or it could become a Coulson.

What happened with Coulson??

Collect what you like indeed. I like to think that something's value is as much as it's worth to you. Some figures are worth at least retail to me, some aren't worth having even at retail. If you pay $500 for a figure, it's because you felt it was worth that much to you to have in your collection. If you don't pay even retail, you didn't feel it was worth even retail to you to have that badly in your collection.

The one who ultimately makes the final choice, is you. Pay as much or as less as you feel it's worth to you.

Well said. I'm not in this hobby for the money. I had admired HT figures for ages so when I was finally allowed one by the other half, it was frankly amazing to have one at last! Now I have 3 and another 2 on the way. If something came out which was very expensive and I had the funds - like Hulkbuster - I would get it but just don't have that kind of money. I don't think paying retail is unreasonable at all or, if it was something I really wanted badly, a bit above - which to be fair would be any HT I wanted to get - but I couldn't justify double the retail price. That makes sense I hope! And if you find something at less than retail - like my Thor TDW - then that's a bonus albeit one you have to wait a year or so for and hope to get lucky!

The price of a collectible (any kind of collectible) is not how much you can pay for it but how much you are willing to pay for it.
Some collectibles means nothing to some people and everything to others.

Back