1/6 Hot Toys - MMS353 D16 - CA: Civil War - Iron Man Mark XLVI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't really care for the design of the suit in the movie but the fig looks pretty good but a bit too skinny

I wish tony had used the mk45 in CW cause it's my favorite armor design to date, it's just so sleek and imposing looking and it was barely used in AoU

For anyone that wants to see both helmeted/non-helmeted and battle damaged/clean side-by-side.
9724198e2e6517582a809214279cf40e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder how tall he is compared to the Captain America figure?

I didn't really care for the design of the suit in the movie but the fig looks pretty good but a bit too skinny

I wish tony had used the mk45 in CW cause it's my favorite armor design to date, it's just so sleek and imposing looking and it was barely used in AoU
I feel somewhat the same, but I have always had a slight nitpick about the shoulder gap on the 45... The MK46 barely has a gap and that was one of my main buying points. I know it's kind of trivial, but it is somewhat of a big deal to me, aesthetically speaking. I also like the darker paint app and that it comes with a Stark head (even though I'll probably never use it). Either way, I know I'll be super happy with this one. And one day, when they release Mark 7 in diecast, I'll sell this one and buy that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I usually check out **** Po's pics since he basically reminds me of the pics that OMG used to take and basically sold me on the figure. Can't wait for this dude to get into Sideshow's warehouse....which should be when? July?

Are we friends now?
58ad66c07a1f58291aa20ef7b46b253d.jpg

Great photo!

But as I look at the final product and compare it to the prototype and actual images from Civil War, I can't help but feel that Hot Toys really missed the mark with the paint app.

Honestly the paint app they went with reminds me of the Retro Sneaky.

captain-america-civil-war-iron-man-xlvi-sixth-scale-marvel-902708-17.jpg
iron-man-civil-war.jpg
marvel-iron-man-3-sneaky-mark-xv-sixth-scale-hot-toys-exclusive-902911-09.jpg

got mine today and, its my favourite HT iron man to date my only gripe is it's too reflective, it looks really good outside of my cabinet but inside it just reflects everything around it and just doesn't stand out especialy the gold , 1/4 43 paint app would've been better

heres a ****** phone camera pic
46.jpg

got mine today and, its my favourite HT iron man to date my only gripe is it's too reflective, it looks really good outside of my cabinet but inside it just reflects everything around it and just doesn't stand out especialy the gold , 1/4 43 paint app would've been better

heres a ****** phone camera pic
View attachment 341000

Looks good!

Some of you may have noticed that I don't have the anterior collar flap tucked into the armor. That's because I noticed another QC issue on mine where when the head sculpt is placed in it, a little too much pressure is placed on the posterior plastic piece of the collar. Still love the figure though. Lol.
fdf8d3dfc2775c040479349c53b8687f.jpg

Last edited:
Based on the tone in that screen grab a page or so back, this figure does look like the paint should have perhaps been a deeper red with a matte finish. Figure seems to have a bit lighter of a red shade that is shiny and reflective.

What I consider to be accurate is what the suit actually looks like under normal lighting. For instance, in MoS, the suit was in many scenes darker looking than what it actually was when you saw it on display at conventions under normal lighting. Lighting in any particular scene in films can be altered to make something look darker or lighter, but the actual of the color of suit under normal lighting remains constant. People were saying the same thing with the BvS Armored Batman figure regular and black chrome versions. Both look cool and some people preferred the black chrome version because it's reminiscent of how the armor looked during the fight scene in the rain. While that may be, if you're going for suit accuracy, that's not the actual accurate color of the suit.

So it'd be interesting to see what the actual Mk 46 suit looks like under normal lighting somewhere.

Back