1/6 Hot Toys MMS351 Captain America: Civil War The Winter Soldier Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's annoying alright...But are the figures mint?
And yes tight joint on winter soldier is perfectly fine.

Oh, I forgot to mention in my original post (I will update it), but his head was crooked in the packaging, which means the figure was removed and handled. Also, the clam shell wouldn't fit snug on the box since the back of it was slightly crumpled.

So is the figure mint? If it's been handled by anyone after it was freshly packaged by a Hot Toys employee, then to me it's NOT mint.

So I just got this guy last night.

2 unrelated questions...

First, is the metal arm on the Winter Soldier supposed to be really rigid in terms of bending it at the elbow? Because I really have to apply pressure in order to make his arm bend at a 90 degree angle.

Secondly, so I bought this one from an eBay seller that listed this as "NEW" and never opened, however when I received it there were clearly signs that the item had been opened prior. The brown shipper box was re-taped, the circular seal on the top and bottom of the box had been tampered with that shows fingernail marks, which indicates it was opened, plus there was bit of box fragment under the seal (see photos), and finally some of the accessories were out of place.

Basically my question is there any recourse or any complaint I can file against the seller with eBay? I've already left a negative review of the seller.

Thanks!

Hadn't thought about it but yeah, guess at least one of my Buckys needs more work to pose the arm - I just figure these things aren't precision milled or assembled and really stiff joints loosen as they are worked, in time. Or in my new BP where the head is a bit too loose and I need to add some filler.

If what you bought was described as sealed, new, unopened implies (to me) item was being resold without even opening outer box. If seller opened box to check contents item is still new, but that should be stated re being no longer sealed.

Oh, I forgot to mention in my original post (I will update it), but his head was crooked in the packaging, which means the figure was removed and handled. Also, the clam shell wouldn't fit snug on the box since the back of it was slightly crumpled.

So is the figure mint? If it's been handled by anyone after it was freshly packaged by a Hot Toys employee, then to me it's NOT mint.

Well, to me mint condition is "new to like new". Seems like the key thing here is you believed you were buying a sealed, untouched figure. If the description was false there's an issue. I've bought "mint" figures but the seller clearly stated the figure had been opened to check - you could tell the figure and accessories were never actually touched. Some buyers and sellers prefer checking a fig. But it needs to be stated. If I buy a fig described as new, sealed it had better look like it came straight from HT.

Hi all has anyone got a pic of the civil war winter soldier with the original versions head on with mask and goggles?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would agree that if the packaging has been compromised and the figure handled, then it's not mint. That would make it used at that point and should be listed as such. However, feel free in the description to explain that the figure was barely handled and is pretty much brand new.

Well, to me mint condition is "new to like new". Seems like the key thing here is you believed you were buying a sealed, untouched figure. If the description was false there's an issue. I've bought "mint" figures but the seller clearly stated the figure had been opened to check - you could tell the figure and accessories were never actually touched. Some buyers and sellers prefer checking a fig. But it needs to be stated. If I buy a fig described as new, sealed it had better look like it came straight from HT.

Exactly. I've canceled an order prior with another seller because it was listed as new, but upon further questioning the seller revealed it was actually opened, but never displayed.

With this particular order, I wasn't able to send the seller any messages because for whatever reason he didn't accept messages. So I had only the listing to go off of and since the seller has a very stellar eBay score I expected nothing less.

Also, even after leaving negative feedback there has been no attempt to reach out to me to try to remedy the situation, which is why I'm asking you good people of the forum if there's anything I can do with eBay's customer service?

I would agree that if the packaging has been compromised and the figure handled, then it's not mint. That would make it used at that point and should be listed as such. However, feel free in the description to explain that the figure was barely handled and is pretty much brand new.

Precisely! That's my thought-process as well. Some people are of the mindset that if it's been opened but only for inspection purposes and then promptly placed back that that's somehow okay and still constitutes new, but it doesn't!

Once opened, it's no longer new!

But going back to my original point, is there any recourse or any complaint I can file against the seller with eBay? I've already left a negative review of the seller, but is there anymore I can do?

Couldn't you just return the figure?

The seller doesn't offer returns, but I'm sure I could still qualify for one since he misrepresented the condition of the item.

Despite being unhappy that the figure isn't actually new, I still do want to keep it because I really don't want to go through the process and hassle of returning it and then trying to find another one.

But I still think there should be repercussions for purposely and deliberately falsifying/misrepresenting a listing. It's just the principle of it! :mad:

But going back to my original point, is there any recourse or any complaint I can file against the seller with eBay? I've already left a negative review of the seller, but is there anymore I can do?

Yes, E-bay has a "resolution center" - log in and file a complaint:
https://resolutioncenter.ebay.com/

and link at bottom of page. They will contact seller. IMO, if you choose to keep item, seller should offer discount. Also, if you used Paypal, you can file with them. E-bay tho may ask if you tried to contact seller via message first and work things out that way. But you say the seller didn't respond to negative feedback.....

Yes, E-bay has a "resolution center" - log in and file a complaint:
https://resolutioncenter.ebay.com/

and link at bottom of page. They will contact seller. IMO, if you choose to keep item, seller should offer discount. Also, if you used Paypal, you can file with them. E-bay tho may ask if you tried to contact seller via message first and work things out that way. But you say the seller didn't respond to negative feedback.....

Great, thanks for providing that link! I'll take a look.

And just noticed CW Bucky is waitlisted at SSC. Thought I had all the time in the world to pick up CW Bucky #3 (maybe). Can still get him, but 1) glad I am *awash* in Buckys already and 2) sure glad a fellow Freak gave the heads-up on Black Panther still at retail at Forbidden Planet.

Guess I'd better get on CW Wanda, if I want to pay retail - she's long gone at SSC, like most CW figs.

Still torn on this, I've got it on the way and I have the original version too. But I can only keep one. I really like the sculpt and outfit with the new one. I have actually bought an m4 rifle and this belt/pistol holster for my civil war version. I feel like the only reason I'd keep the original is for the masked head sculpt
439585c9525b75f4f1a69b59dc34cc35.jpg

Still torn on this, I've got it on the way and I have the original version too. But I can only keep one. I really like the sculpt and outfit with the new one. I have actually bought an m4 rifle and this belt/pistol holster for my civil war version. I feel like the only reason I'd keep the original is for the masked head sculpt
Really? Well, I guess that's a matter of space and how you see the character.

Back when I wanted to buy my first HT figure, I had to decide between WS from TWS and from CW. Ultimately I chose TWS version because it had the cooler outfit, 2 heads, tons of weapons and was how he appeared in TWS, which is my fave MCU movie. I thought, if I spent that much money on a figure, I gotta pick the one I like best, despite the price. Now, months later, after I had ordered CW Cap and a few others, I decided to order CW Bucky as well. I didn't want to get both but looking at the two figures and especially at the character in the two movies, it's just two different characters to me in a way. Displaying TWS Bucky with CW Cap kinda felt off because that's the brainwashed WS and not really Bucky yet, ya know? So since I wanted to display Cap with Bucky, there really was no other way but to get the CW version too. That one's Bucky, while the first version is WS. :dunno To me it's not like two figures of the same character with two different outfits, it's more like two different versions of the character and it really comes down to which version of the character you prefer and whether or not they're interchangeable to you, they're not to me so I'd never think of selling one for the other. ^^ Does that make sense?

Really? Well, I guess that's a matter of space and how you see the character.

Back when I wanted to buy my first HT figure, I had to decide between WS from TWS and from CW. Ultimately I chose TWS version because it had the cooler outfit, 2 heads, tons of weapons and was how he appeared in TWS, which is my fave MCU movie. I thought, if I spent that much money on a figure, I gotta pick the one I like best, despite the price. Now, months later, after I had ordered CW Cap and a few others, I decided to order CW Bucky as well. I didn't want to get both but looking at the two figures and especially at the character in the two movies, it's just two different characters to me in a way. Displaying TWS Bucky with CW Cap kinda felt off because that's the brainwashed WS and not really Bucky yet, ya know? So since I wanted to display Cap with Bucky, there really was no other way but to get the CW version too. That one's Bucky, while the first version is WS. :dunno To me it's not like two figures of the same character with two different outfits, it's more like two different versions of the character and it really comes down to which version of the character you prefer and whether or not they're interchangeable to you, they're not to me so I'd never think of selling one for the other. ^^ Does that make sense?

Yeah I get what you mean. They are two separate characters. I think I have actually made my mind up. I will be keeping the CW Bucky. I love the outfit and the new sculpt plus the chromed arm looks fantastic. I'm just gonna see if I can pick up the masked sculpt from the original version so I can still have 'the winter soldier' look. Saw these pics on Facebook and this is what I'm gonna go for
b51746067dc4a0c3032b2ae7f5ccbfb6.jpg

0b938943939e38d49d7ba576fe2df11c.jpg

Yeah, if that works for you it's great. ^^ Definitely the cheapest option and the best if you don't have a lot of space or don't want to double dip.

I personally couldn't put the masked head on my CW Bucky coz to me that would be like throwing away all his character development and the effort he made to get away from being Hydra's prisoner in a way. Coz CW Bucky sure as hell wouldn't put that mask on again of his own free will. ^^

Displaying TWS Bucky with CW Cap kinda felt off because that's the brainwashed WS and not really Bucky yet, ya know? So since I wanted to display Cap with Bucky, there really was no other way but to get the CW version too. That one's Bucky, while the first version is WS. To me it's not like two figures of the same character with two different outfits, it's more like two different versions of the character and it really comes down to which version of the character you prefer and whether or not they're interchangeable to you, they're not to me so I'd never think of selling one for the other.

Or three, four, five....because for my favorite character there's always room for one more:monkey3. Plus accessories (my *winter* Winter Soldier got a new coat; after some thought I decided James Barnes, super-soldier or not, wouldn't patiently hunker down for hours, maybe days in the snow with a nice shiny arm that would reflect light and stupidly freeze his @ss off for the sake of it etc. Needs some gloves, too.:cool:) But looking at some folks' collections I can see funds/space is tight:horror.

(And agree re some characters their arc is big enough, it's like different characters. Or IMO Cap where I just need different versions).

winter-soldiers.jpg

winter-soldiers2.jpg

Haha yeah, or three, four, five ... ^^ You're building quite the army there, Sassafras!

I'm fine as long as I got 1 Buck to go with each Steve. ^^ Sadly, they just don't make enough Bucky. XD At least TWS Steve and Rescue Cap will get some company soon. :)

Back