1/6 Hot Toys - MMS350 - Captain America: Civil War - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Battling. I like the subtle weathering, shield and base. I wouldn't have used the face plates at all, I haven't taken out the face plates on my DX09 since I bought it a few years ago.

Since I preordered Cap and Bucky as a set and already prepaid both of them, I really hope they get released together. But if they don't, I'm fine as well. It just makes me more impatient. XD

But really, thank gods I don't have to worry about money once they do hit the shelves. XD Hopefully I'll have both here for Christmas. ^^

Between the Battling version and the normal Cap, which one do you peeps prefer more? Trying to figure out which one to stick with.

I think both are great figures and one can't necessarily go wrong with either.

For me personally though, I PO'd the regular and I'm sticking with that. I generally don't like BD/"battling" figures because they're too scene specific. I feel a clean version of a figure is sort of representative of the character in that particular suit for the entire film. As others pointed out, it also includes the option of the interchangeable face pieces. While the BV comes with the BD shield, the regular version comes with the option of the "battling" expression for the sculpt.

Personally, I think the best single CW Cap would be an amalgam of these two figures. BV figure with the regular version sculpt or regular version figure with the BD shield, however way you want to slice it. When it comes to mixing and matching parts though, I do think that parts from the BV will probably be a bit more expensive and tougher to come by, being that it's an EX and therefore, parts are more limited. So picking up a BD shield for the regular version may be a bit more expensive than say picking up a regular version sculpt for the BV figure.

However, if you don't plan on mixing and matching any parts and just want to get one figure and keep it stock, then I personally feel the regular version would be the best option, for the reasons I mentioned in the first paragraph.

Between the Battling version and the normal Cap, which one do you peeps prefer more? Trying to figure out which one to stick with.

Depends what you value more. The battling version will 'probably' be of more value (which isn't anything I care about when I order but it is a factor for some). It has a cooler base, imo. The shield is identical just with unique paint. The regular version has the swap out face plates, essentially providing you with three unique head options, and the only new sculpt since the first winter soldier figure.

If I was only picking one, it would be the regular. Better value for the money, and provides the most display options, imo.

Thanks for the replies. It's hard to not cave in to awesome figures for sure. I think I need to express more resistance and just stick with the normal one.

Personally, I went for the regular version. If I have to choose between battle-damaged and clean, I'm going to choose clean. I would love to have the option to display a battle-damaged piece--such as the diecast Robocop, which came with BD parts--but if that's not on the table, I prefer to display the iconic likeness of the character.

The additional faceplate also makes a difference for me; I like to have as many display options as possible. It's too bad he doesn't come with a bloodied faceplate and a damaged shield. Them's the breaks, I guess. The number of accessories included in an HT figure seems to vary wildly. My Robocop and TWS Bucky are so complete in terms of their accessories that they might as well be an entirely different class of figure than the comparatively accessory-lite CW Cap and Bucky.

Motuxmen do you think this caps body and suit is already done and the only thing their working on now is the faceplates?

Motuxmen do you think this caps body and suit is already done and the only thing their working on now is the faceplates?

I'm sure some are done. They may have full figures done. But it takes time to get them all assembled and painted and boxed and all that. Given they already released the BV version there are some bodies and shields and unmasked heads done for sure. It would be surprising if they didn't make most of them all at once. Then run the swap out head. It's not just the faceplates but the whole head has to be adjusted. So it's got the magnets in it and finished where the plates attach.

I'm sure some are done. They may have full figures done. But it takes time to get them all assembled and painted and boxed and all that. Given they already released the BV version there are some bodies and shields and unmasked heads done for sure. It would be surprising if they didn't make most of them all at once. Then run the swap out head. It's not just the faceplates but the whole head has to be adjusted. So it's got the magnets in it and finished where the plates attach.

Thanks for the info. I was just wondering since from a production standpoint it would be cheaper and easier to do them all together instead of doing some then jumping to another figure just to jump right back to this one.

Thanks for the info. I was just wondering since from a production standpoint it would be cheaper and easier to do them all together instead of doing some then jumping to another figure just to jump right back to this one.

Yeah. You are spot on really. They don't normally do that. It's very rare to break up a production run. But with this one the run was so small in comparison I doubt they did them all at once. Not with this large a gap between the releases. They most likely did a half and half so they don't have thousands of bodies just sitting around. Or it's entirely possible they did do the full run and are just waiting on the head. Either way wouldn't be out of the question.

That would make sense. Thank you very much for the info I appreciate it. I was just wondering what they would do in a situation like this. Thanks!

Did this get pushed back again? My last flex payment got pushed back till October now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So Mid October/Early November release I'm assuming? (Didn't preorder through SSC).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back