1/6 Hot Toys - MMS350 - Captain America: Civil War - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Possible Hot Toys DC TV license?

List of a lot of figures who reuse parts below. Some are even done nearly identical to how this Cap situation is done.
Spoiler Spoiler:

As much as I don't want to reply to you ever, the fact you made a list was exactly what I was waiting for. I will explain in DETAIL why those figures had their place in their respective line. I'm not gonna detail all of them, but I will do a few notable ones JUST to show you that your logic in most debates is flawed and continues to be.

AoU cap was preceded by WS cap. At least 1 year apart from one another. They reused both HS, but both of their outfits were COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. Did it take a *sharp* eye to SEE that? THAT was their first time rehashing the SAME HS, albeit one is repainted. Now, AoU cap is followed by CW cap. Again, it will be a year apart. They will rehash for a THIRD time the Rogers HS. I'm not a fan of that, however, the helmeted version comes with a refreshing change of pace for a CA figure by FINALLY introducing an idea that was used for their batman figures, interchangeable mouth plates. not to mention notable changes to the suit itself, the differences between AoU is significant enough to warrant a release.

And in contrast to the movie promo? It'll be the FOURTH time they will be rehashing the Rogers HS and THIRD time for the Cap HS. And they'll be released so close to one another.

Reeve superman? They changed the color of his outfit, reused his HS and gave him a five o'clock shadow. But they made him CON EXCLUSIVE. Not to mention that release wasn't so close to the original. ALSO, evil superman was a major plot point in the movie and was, depending on ones perspective, a SEPARATE character, and not a ****ing accessory.

DX12, from prototype to release garnered SO much criticism because of his eyes and derpy mouth plates. When they released him again, a significant amount of time had passed...oh and what's this?? HE CAME WITH THE GODDAMN ARMORY. Oh oh, and guess what? THEY UPDATED HIS EYES AND MOUTH PLATES. If that's not a significant change to a rehash, I don't know what is. It wasn't just a mere repaint and dirty knees. It was an update packed to the gills with accessories.

T800, years later to be followed by a DX version. With a completely different HS, again...depends on who you ask, an improvement from the original...and had MOVEABLE EYES.

IM...its simple...IT'S IRON MAN. Moving on.

TFA troopers. Just because I didn't comment on them doesn't make it right with what they did. Rather than release an all encompassing package like sideshow and their clones, they made each trooper have separate releases...they couldn't give me a pauldron so I can have the option of either displaying a standard trooper or a lieutenant?

Sideshow...a company many feel are still playing catch up to HT, did right by their fans by giving their collectors OPTIONS for their clones. And last I checked, they didn't rehash a THING from their previous attempts.

I can go on and on, but it's pointless. There are some on that list thats just as pointless (IN MY OPINION-in case some feel 'offended' by that) as this "battling" cap edition...I'm not going to repeat myself.

If you can't discern the difference with past HT releases and this particular release...

Ugh, I was gonna say "then I don't know what to tell you"...I'm gonna stick with "it's hopeless".

The point was, if you and other collectors aren't using both Avengers shields, HT is better off including just one shield with each Cap. Why make a bunch of accessories if collectors will primarily only use a few? It's like they're actually catering to their fans' primary uses (which is unfortunate if you're not part of the majority).

Do I think they should have included the BD shield with the regular release (as a bonus)? Yes, but I know that the shield is a big enough deal that HT can milk another figure release out of it (and Motux makes a good point about operating costs). I remember the Rocket/Groot 2-pack got an extra baby Groot figure. That was a (literally) small token, but no one would have bought a separate figure release just for another baby Groot. So that made more sense to include as a bonus item. But Cap's shield is iconic enough that they can get away with it. Should they? Maybe not, but the market is what it is. Also, if we get into the habit of expecting bonus items post-announcement, disappointment will be through the roof when figures don't come with enough accessories (I think accessory-related disappointment is kinda high as it is, as this discussion indicates). That's a PR nightmare, so it's better if they don't feed that trend at all.

Based on some of the online chatter, Black Panther was getting a ton of attention already, and I don't think including a shield with him would have driven many more sales of the figure. Fans would have picked him up anyways since it's the first release of the figure. If someone doesn't want Black Panther, it's not a good experience to have customers buy a figure they don't want to get a part that they do want. And if they want the shield, they're probably more willing to pick it up with a Cap figure than some other random character. Either way, someone's going to be disappointed about not getting the shield, and this is probably the best option from their perspective (short- and long-term).

When complaints are thrown at HT, it's not out of pure hatred or complaining for the sake of complaining. Personally speaking, I complain because I am passionate about this hobby, as we all are I'm sure. I complain because I know what HT are capable of. I want them to do the best they're known for. I've already explained it a couple of posts back, so I won't repeat myself.

And I dunno, based on your post, it almost sounds like HT shouldn't have to continue raising the bar THEY originally set. Why settle for greatness when "OK" will suffice? It's almost as if an actor you love watching suddenly phones in his performance in every movie following his/her oscar win. "I won an Oscar, I see no point in putting my all into this role..."...does that sound acceptable to you? Ok, that example maybe too theoretical...but do you see what I mean?

And if they set a standard, what's so wrong with expecting them to AT LEAST stick to that standard. They don't wanna take two steps forward with this release? ok, but why take two steps back? I KNOW! If I'm SOOO against that figure, I don't have to buy it! And I'm not. I'm sticking to the standard release that, IMO, is 85% complete. So I don't see why this discussion can't continue. No ones calling anyone a troll, a blind fanboy nor has anyone's mother been insulted. And as long as that keeps up, then we're all good....

I know that last bit has nothing to do with what you said...i just figured I'd throw that in there in case someone else's temper flares up due to misunderstanding.

As for the BP bit...people in China love cap. BP, as far as they're concerned, is a batman ripoff. Crazy? Not so much. Most of my friends in China have no idea who he is, understandable, since there's literally NO exposure to the character. I'm just saying, HT has the Asia market for cap...if HT wants Asia sales of BP, throwing in the BD shield with scratches that HE'S responsible for....just a thought.

I think the regular and promo are different enough to buy both. That being said I just hope they don't come out with 2 Mk46 figures because I don't want to have to make that choice! Lol.

Long read ahead about the debate going on.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I think the regular and promo are different enough to buy both. That being said I just hope they don't come out with 2 Mk46 figures because I don't want to have to make that choice! Lol.

Long read ahead about the debate going on.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Dude, that was beautifully written. Thank you for chiming in and seeing things from an objective PoV. That's why I mentioned earlier that with this hobby it's hard to develop a collective voice to let HT know that things need some change. The words are wrong, but that saying "one mans garbage is another mans treasure" is in full effect all the time. I don't think I've ever come across a figure that was universally criticized by the fans. Some think a certain figure is proof of the existence of God because only the devil can make that, while others think it's an exceptional figure.

When I think back on my example of the fine brothers and their attempt to trademark a friggin word...viewers let them know how they felt by dropping their subscription. I wish something similar can happen for HT. I just went over to their FB page, and I feel vindicatied. The movie promo edition is getting backlash, as I thought it would here, but much to my surprise, it's positive. Initially I thought I was taking crazy pills, but many on FB feel the same way. Of course, like every release to date, there are those that are excited for the movie promo edition..which brings me back to what I said earlier, The fanbase will always be split and can never ever agree on one thing.

I guess we should of seen it coming from this picture :thud:
View attachment 258773

That's the pic I was thinking of when it was announced.. :yess: .. And just so the PP Iron Man buyers don't get suprised and upset when a MMS is released, there are marketing HT photos about with what seem to be (from memory) Bucky, Cap and Tony reproducing the fight from the trailer.

On another note, if you really want a scratched shield, then I assume you can actually... ummm... scratch it!.. They aren't made of real vibranium.

Thank goodness that I didn't wait a day to order him. :thud:

Last edited:
Well I'm glad I didn't hold off to long to decide whether or not to preorder this one as well. Definitely didn't last long.

I buy every Cap regardless.
And, complaining aside, it looks like a decent Cap figure. Unlike, the regular which could be any "at ease" *or* fighting Cap from the movie, this clearly slots into a point where he is fighting Black Panther(Or after the fight), so it's just as scene(Or time) specific as the Promo from TWS. The scratched shield on him means it's from a specific part of the movie, so regardless of one person's opinion, it's a valid release.
If the first Avengers figure were released today, we would likely have had Civvie Steve, Avengers Cap, and BD Avengers suit. Now HT are realising their model of "Up for PO, see how many order, make the edition size based on those PO's plus a little more" is working, we are seeing a greater range of variants now.
I honestly see this as a golden age(No pun intended), for 1/6 collecting, both from the big manufacturers, all the way down to the bootleggers, with several variants of Cap from one movie, plus things like the Elysium Matt Damon bootleg that has just shown up for PO. It's a great time to collect.

Bottom line, people, buy what you want, and can afford. Pass on the ones you don't want.

I don't see any point in whining about it.

I wonder if Scarlet Witch will follow suite considering unlike Cap there is no 'Option B' for her. I pre-ordered her as soon as she came up anyway. My fastest ever order to date.

Crap bag! Knew I wanted the BV Cap but was deciding if I should get it (other figures I want, already have a couple caps, money and such). Unfortunately wasn't till I saw it waitlisted that I realized how much I really wanted it lol :slap
Now we play the waiting game :impatient:

Like others I was deciding if this is the Cap for me. Didn't pull the trigger fast enough now Im on waitlist. Does anyone know usually how long before people start canceling their preorders. Im new to sideshow but I have a feeling everyone jumps on preorders and when its time to pay the piper a lot of people jump ship and don't pay. Im just wondering if anyone has noticed a trend.

And, complaining aside, it looks like a decent Cap figure. Unlike, the regular which could be any "at ease" *or* fighting Cap from the movie, this clearly slots into a point where he is fighting Black Panther(Or after the fight), so it's just as scene(Or time) specific as the Promo from TWS. The scratched shield on him means it's from a specific part of the movie, so regardless of one person's opinion, it's a valid release.
If the first Avengers figure were released today, we would likely have had Civvie Steve, Avengers Cap, and BD Avengers suit. Now HT are realising their model of "Up for PO, see how many order, make the edition size based on those PO's plus a little more" is working, we are seeing a greater range of variants now.
I honestly see this as a golden age(No pun intended), for 1/6 collecting, both from the big manufacturers, all the way down to the bootleggers, with several variants of Cap from one movie, plus things like the Elysium Matt Damon bootleg that has just shown up for PO. It's a great time to collect.

Bottom line, people, buy what you want, and can afford. Pass on the ones you don't want.

:goodpost:

:exactly:

That's also a small part of the reason why I still personally prefer the regular CW Cap that I also thought about myself but never mentioned on here, is like you mentioned that it can essentially represent any point in the film whereas the BV is specific to a particular part.

:exactly:

That's also a small part of the reason why I still personally prefer the regular CW Cap that I also thought about myself but never mentioned on here, is like you mentioned that it can essentially represent any point in the film whereas the BV is specific to a particular part.

I agree with you. Which was why the bv cap was an easy pass. I also passed on the na sw as the suit while looking nice is not functional as Olsen mentioned and the cw sw may have a newer headsculpt and straighter hair though I do not like the corset.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I had a gut feeling to get the NA SW version, so I PO'd it last night. Not sure if I'll get the CW version if they come out with one, but I probably will.

Honestly, the switch out faceplates coupled with the dual mounted neck duped me into a second Cap after my AOU one. I LOVE options that let me pose differently and get a different effect. I may sell my AOU one or pose him sans mask stoically, while I have the CW one in a action pose.

Honestly, the switch out faceplates coupled with the dual mounted neck duped me into a second Cap after my AOU one. I LOVE options that let me pose differently and get a different effect. I may sell my AOU one or pose him sans mask stoically, while I have the CW one in a action pose.

That's essentially what I'm doing.

I have my AoU Cap posed with the un-helmeted sculpt and holding his helmet, while I'll have CW Cap posed with the helmeted sculpt and the teeth gritting face piece.

It makes more sense to me to have the AoU one without the helmet being that it seems he didn't wear it for the majority of the film.

Back