1/6 Hot Toys - MMS350 - Captain America: Civil War - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did it? Are there any pictures?

21bb54d269dedf8f2f788e0859b18a16.jpg
5078121e2206a76547d734edacf331b6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just hope the regular version has that box sans the exclusive sticker ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im gonna guess the box will be similar if not identical, thought I am betting it will be cleaner with this one meaning to look dirty and scuffed up like the figure inside.

Really looking forward to this sweet figure! I only have one Cap currently and it's the one from the original Avengers movie. This Civil War version seems much better than it in every way. Better body proportions, better costume, better head sculpt, and metal shield instead of the plastic.

I was kinda regretting not buying the AOU version because back when it was released I felt that they would improve it again drastically in the future so I decided to wait and see what the next iteration would look like. And the one we're getting now is pretty much the same figure except for costume differences, so I figured that the improvements from now on would be minor and decided to jump on this one.

It's tricky with Hot Toys, their stuff tends to get better and better and if you don't want 4 versions of every character then you have to willing to wait and see what's the right time to buy a figure. Unless of course you tend to sell your old figures which I don't.

Is it just me or do the pants sit a bit lower on this figure compared to AOU Cap?

Really looking forward to this figure. I only have one Cap currently and its the one from the original Avengers movie. This Civil War version seems much better than it in every way. Better body proportions, better costume, better head sculpt, and metal shield instead of the plastic.

I was kinda regretting not buying the AOU version because back when it was released I felt that they would improve it again drastically in the future so I decided to wait and see what the next iteration would look like. And the one we're getting now is pretty much the same figure except for costume differences, so I figured that the improvements from now on would be minor and decided to jump on this one.

It's tricky with Hot Toys, their stuff tends to get better and better and if you don't want 4 versions of every character then you have to willing to wait and see what's the right time to buy a figure. Unless of course you tend to sell your old figures which I don't.

So true. This is my first HT Cap and I am glad I waited. I think it's the best looking Cap so far and I can't see HT really topping it.

I think they've stayed stagnant with the Cap figures with these past two releases. AOU and CW are pretty much the same, not to mention they've been using the same Evans sculpt for 4 or 5 releases now.

People say that on every new figure. Lol

Very true.

I do think the "best" figure for a particular character is subjective though on what people base it on. For instance, is it your favorite figure simply because it's your favorite suit for that particular character, or are you judging it from an honest figure standpoint? (Tailoring, articulation, sculpt, etc.)

For me, the CW Cap suit is my favorite suit. I really like how it's essentially a stripped down version of the AoU suit, which to me was a little too "busy" for Cap's preferred style, while still having a modern feel. However, the figure itself may potentially not be as good as previous renditions in other categories from a figure perspective.

Very true.

I do think the "best" figure for a particular character is subjective though on what people base it on. For instance, is it your favorite figure simply because it's your favorite suit for that particular character, or are you judging it from an honest figure standpoint? (Tailoring, articulation, sculpt, etc.)

For me, the CW Cap suit is my favorite suit. I really like how it's essentially a stripped down version of the AoU suit, which to me was a little too "busy" for Cap's preferred style, while still having a modern feel. However, the figure itself may potentially not be as good as previous renditions in other categories from a figure perspective.

What do you mean "to busy for caps style"? Maybe to busy for your style but cap is fake and has no style, on top of the fact that there is nothing subtle about wearing the USA flag as your costume.

What do you mean "to busy for caps style"? Maybe to busy for your style but cap is fake and has no style, on top of the fact that there is nothing subtle about wearing the USA flag as your costume.

I would appreciate if you wouldn't be so attacking with your post, thanks. I'm not trying to argue you.

However, the magnetic shield for one. The more detailed belt. The AoU suit just seems more technical than the CW suit. Being from the 40's, Cap just seems more of an old fashioned, simple guy. In the films, whenever he receives missions or files, they're all by paper as opposed to electronically. Even in CW, he sent Tony a handwritten letter as opposed to an e-mail.

I'm not sure how making w distinction between your preferred style and that of a character is attacking, but sure.

Again, he doesn't have a style. The director and costume designer for each film has a style.

I'm not sure how making w distinction between your preferred style and that of a character is attacking, but sure.

Again, he doesn't have a style. The director and costume designer for each film has a style.

Ok, the "style" that the director and the costume designer designate as being Captain America's/the character's style. Jeez, dude. Not everything has to be a darn argument.

Ok, the "style" that the director and the costume designer designate as being Captain America's/the character's style. Jeez, dude. Not everything has to be a darn argument.
This is what gets me. It's not ok for me to disagree or respond, yet you have continued to respond, and even taken a **** at me personally...and it's all my fault. I'm the one that's in the wrong. I'm the one fighting, and your just here.

Step back and tell me how I'm the one that's wrong. The only thing I did was disagree with you.

You said Cap had a style, he doesn't. You made one suit seem to flamboyant and cap this conservative guy. He's not. Compare the first costume he wore to the uniforms of the day and tell me how he is in anyway subtle? Just because he was born in the 40s as you said (he wasn't if he went to war in the 40s, but I felt pointing that out would be being argumentative) doesn't mean he had a conservative style. His entire style or look as shown through the films has been very flamboyant and "look at me". He is a symbol. The entire point is to stand out.

image.jpeg

I for one hate the magnets on Cap. But it made life easier to put the shield on the figure. If anything, put a magnet on the back for future Caps.XD old fashioned straps ftw!

Speaking of...can either CW Cap have the shield on his back?

This is what gets me. It's not ok for me to disagree or respond, yet you have continued to respond, and even taken a **** at me personally...and it's all my fault. I'm the one that's in the wrong. I'm the one fighting, and your just here.

Step back and tell me how I'm the one that's wrong. The only thing I did was disagree with you.

You said Cap had a style, he doesn't. You made one suit seem to flamboyant and cap this conservative guy. He's not. Compare the first costume he wore to the uniforms of the day and tell me how he is in anyway subtle? Just because he was born in the 40s as you said (he wasn't if he went to war in the 40s, but I felt pointing that out would be being argumentative) doesn't mean he had a conservative style. His entire style or look as shown through the films has been very flamboyant and "look at me". He is a symbol. The entire point is to stand out.

View attachment 266099

As I've seen others point out on this forum, I'm not interested in entertaining your seemingly argumentative nature, sorry.

Back