1/6 Hot Toys - MMS350 - Captain America: Civil War - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - CA: Civil War - Captain America Figure

This might be an odd question, but does anyone know if anyone makes HT quality heads in 1/6 but of comic versions of these characters? I'm really digging the way this looks but a not fond of having actor's likenesses displayed - I kind of think having a tiny photoreal RDJ or Chris Evans on the shelf is a little creepy. If I could get this outfit and accessories with a comic-style head though, I might be down for that. Any ideas?

This might be an odd question, but does anyone know if anyone makes HT quality heads in 1/6 but of comic versions of these characters? I'm really digging the way this looks but a not fond of having actor's likenesses displayed - I kind of think having a tiny photoreal RDJ or Chris Evans on the shelf is a little creepy. If I could get this outfit and accessories with a comic-style head though, I might be down for that. Any ideas?

the only thing I can think of is to track down the Hot Toys bodies that come with a head. But the head always looks like an actor of some sort, the last one I saw looked like Captain Cold from The Flash. The other problem you will find is that if you go with some random head sculpt it might not fit on the peg that attaches the head to the body. The other thing you'll find is that most people that collect the movie figures want nothing to do with a head sculpt that doesn't look like the actor playing the character, to alot of people that's a deal breaker. Maybe you could commission someone to make a tony stark from the comics?

There are a few decent ones around. Tony Mei occasions commissions some. There's a couple one eBay. You can commission one also.

That said. I do not see much difference between a masked movie head and a comic one. They both are going to look like men. I don't see how one is any more strange then the other. Maybe if it looked not like a human..but otherwise seems to be the same thing.

Last edited:

There are a few decent ones around. Tony Mei occasions commissions some. There's a couple one eBay. You can commission one also.

That said. I do not see much difference between a masked movie head and a comic one. They both are going to look like men. I don't see how one is any more strange then the other. Maybe if it looked not like a human..but otherwise seems to be the same thing.

Yeah, I hear that. I think it's just that I'm a fan of these characters from the comics first and foremost, and I just wouldn't be able to shake the disconnect between "Oh that's Chris Evans AS Captain America" and "Oh that's Captain America". I know it's a small distinction (I got the Iron Man MK III because it's basically the comics version), but it's magnified in my mind when I'm dropping the cash and shelf space. Just a personal preference, I guess. I will mouse around and see if I can find something suitable (and compatible with the head / neck, thanks for the tip jnmx).

RND10213.jpg

Towards the end of the movie, Steve is going to get his hands on his old SSM suit (probably preserved in mint condition in Coulson's home). He's going to glance at Sam, Bucky and Clint and whisper, "Birds of a feather." Bam, scale suit! :joy

Any educated guesses on when this might go up for pre-order?

Looking really good. I just hope they make it a bit different because it's exactly the same as the last one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Looking really good. I just hope they make it a bit different because it's exactly the same as the last one.

It is pretty similar but it's screen accurate, I wouldn't anticipate any changes.

It is pretty similar but it's screen accurate, I wouldn't anticipate any changes.
I know it is but like a new head sculpt or additional accessories would help.

I'm liking this more and more ... I might have to unload AOU Cap to get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hot Toys - MMS - CA: Civil War - Captain America Figure

I honestly wouldn't care at all if they don't make a new headsculpt. I think the one that came with AOU Steve is fine though the only reason I could see that they'd make a new sculpt is of they ever changed the cowl, but I really wouldn't mind them just recycling the current one. I think it's like, 90% Chris.

Couldn't give a **** about extra accessories either as I don't with most figures. I just need the character and whatever important accessories they need to display with them. XD I just need Cap and his shield, Clint with his bow, Thor with Mjolnir, etc. :D but that's just me.

Promo images like this have me really hoping that there is a 2nd suit in CW. Right now I have zero interest in this figure. And that makes me sad.

cap suit.jpg

So, the CW Cap is the the same as the AoU Cap?! I don't see any differences, will there be a second suit?

So, the CW Cap is the the same as the AoU Cap?! I don't see any differences, will there be a second suit?

All they did was take away the white parts from the arms

The red on his chest, gloves, and on his spats is gone. Looks like the boots/spats may be a different design, and the knee pads are different. They are very similar but all it takes is both suits side by side and youll see the differences. That's what I noticed at first glance.

Back