1/6 Hot Toys - MMS350 - Captain America: Civil War - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting, that's the first time I've seen them do a clean and BD version of a Cap figure wearing the same suit. So what's the deal with the sculpt for the BD one? It doesn't have the interchangeable face plates? So does that mean that it's essentially just a recycle of the SS and AoU sculpts, just repainted again?

It looks neat, cool base as well, but I think I'll stick with the regular, MMS350 clean version. I like the fact that it includes the interchangeable face plates and I plan on using the gritted teeth expression at first to see what that looks like, to at least try and add a little variety to expressions on my figures. HT generally seems to always do their figures with the same stoic expression. Plus, Cap seems pretty pissed off in this film, so I think that expression works well with his mentality in the film. The only thing I'd really have an interest in with this version is the BD shield, which I will probably just pick-up off of eBay if I want it.

If this suit was more BD and tattered and it came with a sculpt where his lip was split to where he looked like he did in the trailer when he told Tony "I could do this all day," then I would consider getting it in addition to the clean version as well, as it would basically be like the DX07 Bespin Luke package with the clean figure and the BD figure. However, the only major discernible difference with this is the BD shield and a very slightly dirtier suit.

I'm sure someone will post a devoted thread for it.. but up on Facebook is the special Movie Promo Edition with that scratched shield that people have been wondering about..

View attachment 258611

"In addition to the helmeted and newly painted un-helmeted head sculpt of Steve Rogers, the collectible figure also features a new Captain America suit with battle weathering effects, metal shield with scratch marks and weathering effects, a broken Crossbones helmet, and a special debris diorama base."

Seems a fair swap for swappable gritted teeth faceplates..

Still gonna keep my MMS 350 order, and want this one aswell. When and where will this be available to PO?

Think I'll go with the Movie Promo Edition. They seem really similar except the scratched shield and the suit is slightly dirtier.

Easy decision now. Getting the movie promo and getting the swappable HS and normal shield parted out

Easy decision now. Getting the movie promo and getting the swappable HS and normal shield parted out

That's a good route also. :duff

If anything, I'll be doing the exact opposite. I already have MMS350 on PO, and the only thing that really looks appealing to me with the promo edition is the BD shield, which I'll just get parted out if I want it.

A BD figure needs a BD sculpt. :lecture

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Aren't Movie promos usually quick ones to come out? For all we know, these are ready now.

But what do I know, it's not like I'm an assistant to the HT assistant Manager.

I actually really like this offering. I haven't bought a Cap figure since the First Avenger but I may end up getting this one to display with the Black Panther which I definitely want (unless of course the character does not appeal to me in the movie).

Aren't Movie promos usually quick ones to come out? For all we know, these are ready now.

I could see these potentially being ready before the MMS350 clean version if the sculpt is merely a repaint of the SS and AoU helmeted sculpts.

Obviously not able to use a search engine either.

Ill buy the Battling Version, it's weathering will make it stand out from my AoU Cap, plus I wouldn't have used the face plates.

Agreed, actually.

It was intended to be. I'm tired of his snarky shots and subtle digs that are personal, while he refuses to address any issue in private. This was the second such shot in the last hour, unprompted, in threads he had not posted in previously.

The last movie promo was announced on March 23, 2015...was sold for the first time at the age of ultron exhibit on April 8 (only at the show) and shipped from sideshow in July, three months before it was scheduled. So, not immediately availble.

Back