1/6 Hot Toys - MMS350 - Captain America: Civil War - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS 350 - Captain America: Civil War - Captain America Collectible Fig

I have AOU Cap. I love it. Though, I do like the exchangeable mouth. Will see what the Infinity War Cap brings.

Re: Hot Toys - MMS 350 - Captain America: Civil War - Captain America Collectible Fig

This release explains the gohastings sudden stock. I've heard they buy other stores DS and with the new Cap coming it could have been places where off loading old stock. Just a guess, though.

Let me get this straight, the AOU cap can do all the same poses in the CW Cap pix, right? The only difference is the switchable faceplates, right? If so, I am sticking with my AOU Cap...

So glad I missed AOU now.
I prefer the chest with less red.
Can't wait.
What's the chance we get this by the time the movie drops?

So glad I missed AOU now.
I prefer the chest with less red.
Can't wait.
What's the chance we get this by the time the movie drops?

No guarantee, but if it follows the same schedule as AoU Cap, within a month or two of film release.

12677602_545132612328603_412527375_n.jpg

This came out great. I still prefer the AOU version and glad I decided to finally have that as my only Cap figure, but if I had missed out like some have this would do just fine as well. The interchangeable face sculpts are cool and maybe I'll consider picking it up if the head is easily interchangeable. But as far as his outfit I prefer the AOU with the white on his arms like Cap's has almost always had in the comics. The gloves and boots incorporate the brown and red of his costume better than the new ones from Civil War, which I don't really like the straps across the boots (a little too bondage looking??). Could take or leave the red around the star on the AOU chest version. The magnetic shield is awesome and seems like that will be the one time special feature of the AOU suit. But like I said congrats to those who waited/missed out on AOU Cap. This still looks killer! And HT really should have left off the "A" emblem on his shoulders.

That just reminded me about my biggest grip on the AoU figure, and that's why would they not have a closed fist as the magnetic hand?:slap

It's so tedious to get him into poses where you don't see his fingers poking out from behind the shield:lol

That was annoying to me so I put a tiny magnet on the back of his fist to eliminate that problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does this figure have the same magnetic stripping for the shield or no?

I have the AOU Cap...I do think the Civil war is a little better. The shoulders and the overall body proportions look better.
Not drastic improvement compared to the aou vs stealth. But I can see the subtle changes there.
The pants is a big improvement...freaking hate the aou pants.

Just not sure if the changes are enough for me to sell my aou and upgrade to this.

As someone who missed out on aou cap, this is great. I think I like the brighter color on aou a bit better, but this is pretty close and you have all these different face options here. I have 3 caps already(first avenger, stealth, steve rogers) but *****, what's one more now?

It really is an either or with this and AOU. Both have their pros and cons. I like the accessories and face plates with this one, but like most of the suit and magnetic shield with the other.

Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: Civil War - Captain America Collectible Figure

The Crossbones helmet is a nice little touch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully that is not an exclusive item, hope to pick it up when the set is parted out.

I don't have any Cap figures. I missed AOU Cap, which I prefer, but don't want to pay more than retail for ( I didn't even want to pay retail for it, which is why I missed out TBH) so I'll probably wind up pre-ordering this one.

I hope it's not any more than the last one considering this is the 3rd release of the same sculpt, and the uniform is nearly identical to the last one, the shield is a reuse, and most likely the hands are too.

Back