1/6 Hot Toys - MMS350 - Captain America: Civil War - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After seeing these pictures it made me realise how much nicer the figure actually looks with this head sculpt. Anybody know where i can find the AOU head sculpt online?

Looks like ToyAnxiety is sold out of it now. eBay or the WTB section might be your best bet.

I actually tried the AoU head sculpt with Civil War Cap and while I agree that it looks more like Evans, the color of the helmet doesn't match the suit. The combo looks bad to me.

Looks like ToyAnxiety is sold out of it now. eBay or the WTB section might be your best bet.

I actually tried the AoU head sculpt with Civil War Cap and while I agree that it looks more like Evans, the color of the helmet doesn't match the suit. The combo looks bad to me.

Thanks for the heads up. Wasn't able to tell the colour difference through the pictures, i am curious to as to if the CW battling head sculpt is the same as the AOU one in terms of color matching.

Does anyone have by comparison pics between the CW and AOU sculpts? As far as I can tell they’re exactly the same...

Yeah I agree about the color, so I went with the TWS helmet for mine, since it was a bit darker and better matches the CW suit (and is not to mention cheaper).

Only thing it's missing are the silver wings on the side, but those are easy enough to paint in.

I believe they are. The CW sculpt is merely a repaint.

I see. I have the CW myself. Contemplating picking up an AOU head down the road if it’s worth it.

Is the AOU paint really that much better? I would think the paint would have some improvement with the CW being released years later.

I see. I have the CW myself. Contemplating picking up an AOU head down the road if it’s worth it.

Is the AOU paint really that much better? I would think the paint would have some improvement with the CW being released years later.

Are you talking about the unhelmeted, or helmeted sculpt? If the former, it really just depends which way you prefer his eyes looking. AoU is to the left, CW to the right. The paint app on one isn’t really better than the other.

The stock helmeted sculpt on this particular figure though is a bit different, due to the fact that it has swappable mouth plates and a separate head and neck. However, the BV has the repainted one piece AoU helmeted sculpt. The likeness on it is a bit better than the stock helmeted sculpt of this figure.

Are you talking about the unhelmeted, or helmeted sculpt? If the former, it really just depends which way you prefer his eyes looking. AoU is to the left, CW to the right. The paint app on one isn’t really better than the other.

The stock helmeted sculpt on this particular figure though is a bit different, due to the fact that it has swappable mouth plates and a separate head and neck. However, the BV has the repainted one piece AoU helmeted sculpt. The likeness on it is a bit better than the stock helmeted sculpt of this figure.

Yes, I’m talking about the helmeted sculpt. I have the regular CW with the swappable mouth plates. I actually like the separation from the neck joint as well. Just my personal preference.

But how is the paint for the AOU helmeted sculpt better than the CW helmeted sculpt? Be it for the regular or Battling Ver? What aspects?

I’ve tried to compare from pictures and videos online but as far as I can tell they’re the same. Just trying to get an idea of whether or not it’s worth it.

OK, I can see that! Thanks for pointing that out. I guess it’ll be more noticeable in person. Hard to tell from pics alone. Especially cell phone pics which tend to stretch and distort subjects due to the wide angle lens.

I have both sculpts for Battling and Civil War and what makes CW version look leaner and off is the detachable face plates. The battling versions looks better but I like having both options. I got a parted out regular CW helmet sculpt off TA a while back.

Even though the likeness on the one piece BV/AoU/SS sculpt is stronger, I have the AoU and SS figures, so that's the same sculpt already on two figures. Therefore, I wanted to go with the "battling" expression on this figure to break it up a bit.

Is there any difference in the body/proportions of the Battling version and standard? I think I remember reading somewhere that said the battling version is better proportioned but I have a hard time believing they would change an entire body for a movie promo to standard release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I could be incorrect, but I think it’s the sculpts that make the difference and gives the illusion that the body proportions are different.

I owned both and will say the battling looks better proportion, maybe it is the sculpt. The head on the regular looks a little squished and his neck is not that distinguishable. It probably is the sculpt

Back