1/6 Hot Toys MMS349 Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Armored Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What you need for your project are Styrene Sheets, that's what modelers use when scratch building parts and dioramas, it is easy to use and very versatile.
Evergreen and Plastruct are two brands that offer a wide range of styrene sheets, beams, strips, angles etc...
Cut the plastic with Micro Saws and X-Acto knifes and glue them with Plastic Weld Cement.

Thanks for the reply. I'm aware of styrene sheets. They are to thin (at a reasonable price) to carry the weight of two figures, a bat signal and the rest of the dio. Not looking to frame out a dio base. I'm taking into account making multiple for anyone that wants one, so I'm trying to keep it simple and cheap.

Thanks for the reply. I'm aware of styrene sheets. They are to thin (at a reasonable price) to carry the weight of two figures, a bat signal and the rest of the dio. Not looking to frame out a dio base. I'm taking into account making multiple for anyone that wants one, so I'm trying to keep it simple and cheap.

There are thicker styrene sheets but if they're too expensive you can try cardboard.
At any rate you'll need some kind of added support structure if you want to pose figures on top.

after getting the delay email about the Special Edition Batman I can't wait to get this guy in... the wait is killing me!

BTW, so what are the details on this diorama you're making? Are you planning on it being an entire, large base with the 3D printed pieces placed on top of it? Looks good!

I ordered this guy last night and my order still says processing . He's still listed as preorder as well . I hope you guys were correct about him being in stock at SSC .

I ordered this guy last night and my order still says processing . He's still listed as preorder as well . I hope you guys were correct about him being in stock at SSC .

It's likely that there was an initial shipment that fulfilled some of the orders and SS is waiting on another shipment. This is pretty common and also probably why it is still listed as preorder and not "now shipping".

It's likely that there was an initial shipment that fulfilled some of the orders and SS is waiting on another shipment. This is pretty common and also probably why it is still listed as preorder and not "now shipping".

That means this might be delayed with everything else ☹️

This is what I'm thinking also regarding the first wave just being a small, initial shipment.

My last flex payment was scheduled for October 20th, but I selected early this morning on their website the option to pay off my remaining balance, thinking they had it in stock due to many people receiving theirs. One would think they would have processed the payment today and shipped it out by the end of the day since I selected to pay it off in full early this morning, but my order still says "Processing" and the shipment total reads "Item is still in production".

My only guess is that the people that received theirs from SSC on here were the recipients of an initial shipment, and SSC is currently waiting for another shipment.

Apparently the sea freight industry is in turmoil

I might have to go back to collecting hawkeye just to get delivery on something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apparently the sea freight industry is in turmoil

I might have to go back to collecting hawkeye just to get delivery on something

This is no joke. There was that huge typhoon that hit China and it did a pretty good number on a large shipping yard. My first thought when I saw the images was, "I wonder how many of my preorders were in those containers."

Sure. I've got a cubeX Duo and another homemade one.
Thanks for the info. Did you use the cubex duo on those pieces for the fan? I can't recall the model but there was a youtube review of warping when the object began to cool down.

So, for any other Australians who pre-ordered and haven't heard anything about theirs: I contacted Sideshow support. They responded:

'Thanks for contacting Sideshow Support, we’re here to help! I do apologize for any delay but I'm showing that your order is shipping out of the Hong Kong Warehouse. Things usually take a little time coming from there. As soon as we have a processing date for the Armored Batman coming from the HK Warehouse, you will receive email notification with the processing and shipping date as well as final total with freight. Again, we are sorry for the delay!'

Another Aussie on here said he ordered a bit over a week ago and Armoured Bats was already in his hands after shipping from the US. So maybe it was better to order later in this case :p I pre-ordered Apr 2 and haven't even seen a 'two week shipping' notice yet. Hong Kong must want to release to Aus at a particular time.

Ah well. In the end it's only an extra wait, and no big deal. Can't help but raise one quizzical eyebrow, though.

That aside: everyone's pics look great!

That was me. It came from Sideshows Hong Kong facility not the US one. They must have only gotten a small allocation and for whatever reason I got lucky.

I'm lot joking. I'm honestly concerned.

Nice pic kanine - I just picked up a nice copy of DKR 4 - would go nicely behind that pose if I ever get my armored version.

Quick Review:

1. Would hav preferred this to be diecast armor (nevermind if the % is little like Robocop), the plastic feels lightweight..
2. Hands are a nightmare to swap once pulled out
3. screw to access batt compartment is really really tight... need a good screwdriver (ultramini size) to open the screw.. HT shld hav provided the screwdriver
4. Ankles are not loose, but not tight either... i wonder can the figure stand on his own without a base support, hope will not topple overnight like the predator figures.
5. Lighted eyes are white, but appear blue on camera (same blue as seen in the movie)
6. Would have preferred a close mouth sculpt...

overall 8/10..... bcos its batman....

Up next.... Regular Bat and Knightmare Bat...

another day, another figure to unbox! hope you enjoy my photos!

ecQntWv.jpg

ZKtVIgX.jpg

TTCx9Z7.jpg

PRB2M0p.jpg

GN0P4P6.jpg

GIDPDU2.jpg

X9HBcFE.jpg

NOW WHERE'S GADOT?! :pray:

Back