1/6 Hot Toys MMS349 Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Armored Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Once I receive Armored Bats, I'm going to swap stands with the Superman figure and use the crotch grabber on Supes and the c-clamp stand that comes with Supes on Armored Bats. I don't like c-clamps around any figures with a fabric suit, so I feel it's a bit safer around a smoother surface, such as plastic. Also, being that the ankles are apparently a bit of a weak point since he's top heavy, the c-clamp would probably be a bit more secure. This way, they'll both be able to safely use the BvS bases.

Being that I have to worry about earthquakes, I in no way feel comfortable freely displaying my figures without any support.

That's a good idea swapping the stand. Yeah....I live in California and most of my figure are on high shelves. Earthquake is alway a concern.

As I said before, I love this figure but I do have a couple of complaints with it. I don't like how the calf/shin armor below the knees sort of faces inward and makes him look a little awkward. My Age of Ultron Cap's knee pads do the same thing. Also the strap on the chest on mine is up so high that it gets in the way of the head articulation. I'm too afraid to mess with that strap though because I've heard it's really fragile, like Vader's belt which I actually did snap so I learned my lesson.

That's easily fixed. The armour just floats over the legs. If you've seen pics where it's pointed inward it's because whoever posed it didn't take the time to futz with the figure.

Just got mine open today. Pics to come!

Anyone else having issues swapping out the hands? I can't seem to get them to stay on. Traditionally I always put the wrist peg in the hand and then push that on, but you can't with this guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got mine open today. Pics to come!

Anyone else having issues swapping out the hands? I can't seem to get them to stay on. Traditionally I always put the wrist peg in the hand and then push that on, but you can't with this guy.

I think I got them on there ok. I didn't feel that satisfying pop I usually do when changing hands out. Hopefully they stay on.

Here's a quick shot!
3781f782204c9b0f522d0f765bf16eae.jpg

Changed up his pose and took a simple pic of it. I'm having a lot of fun with this guy.

29173250343_4577345a76_c.jpg

He stole the Mark XLV's base. :lol

Changed up his pose and took a simple pic of it. I'm having a lot of fun with this guy.

Wow, another great one! Frustrated to not have my Armored bats yet... Want to see him in person with my own spear:yess:

I doubt the Mark XLV would argue with that man for stealing his base.

My money is on Bats. :lol Now that I think about it, I should've put them in the pic together for size comparison. Bats makes that stand look tiny.

Wow, another great one! Frustrated to not have my Armored bats yet... Want to see him in person with my own spear:yess:

Thank you! I'm so glad that I was able to get the last spear that you had to offer, it adds so much to the figure. When do you get yours?

My money is on Bats. :lol Now that I think about it, I should've put them in the pic together for size comparison. Bats makes that stand look tiny.

Thank you! I'm so glad that I was able to get the last spear that you had to offer, it adds so much to the figure. When do you get yours?

Armored Bats, or the spear? Haha:rotfl

I'm not sure, actually. I went ahead and forwent a preorder this time. My LCS gets Hot Toys in regularly now and I requested they hold one for me the day they get in. So once they arrive there, I'll have mine! With regards to the spear, I have my original prototype but I made a few changes to it for the final version sent out to you guys, so I plan on doing another one for myself with the changes in place. I'll get my own print in along with the second run I'm doing.

Armored Bats, or the spear? Haha:rotfl

I'm not sure, actually. I went ahead and forwent a preorder this time. My LCS gets Hot Toys in regularly now and I requested they hold one for me the day they get in. So once they arrive there, I'll have mine! With regards to the spear, I have my original prototype but I made a few changes to it for the final version sent out to you guys, so I plan on doing another one for myself with the changes in place. I'll get my own print in along with the second run I'm doing.

I hope your LCS gets him soon! I can't wait for you to see him with your spear in person. :)

So, for any other Australians who pre-ordered and haven't heard anything about theirs: I contacted Sideshow support. They responded:

'Thanks for contacting Sideshow Support, we’re here to help! I do apologize for any delay but I'm showing that your order is shipping out of the Hong Kong Warehouse. Things usually take a little time coming from there. As soon as we have a processing date for the Armored Batman coming from the HK Warehouse, you will receive email notification with the processing and shipping date as well as final total with freight. Again, we are sorry for the delay!'

Another Aussie on here said he ordered a bit over a week ago and Armoured Bats was already in his hands after shipping from the US. So maybe it was better to order later in this case :p I pre-ordered Apr 2 and haven't even seen a 'two week shipping' notice yet. Hong Kong must want to release to Aus at a particular time.

Ah well. In the end it's only an extra wait, and no big deal. Can't help but raise one quizzical eyebrow, though.

That aside: everyone's pics look great!

For those interested...got the template for the fan, braces, and grill done. Still need to clean them all up. Got the template for the top of the ac/cooling tower thing mocked up. Obviously not cleaned up or sealed or anything. Just a wip shot for those interested.

IMG_5784.JPG

:drool. He looks good on that base. This is why I hate you. Just when I think I am done buying (yeah, right), your pics pull me back in, EVERY TIME :rotfl. Awesome pics as always!

:drool. He looks good on that base. This is why I hate you. Just when I think I am done buying (yeah, right), your pics pull me back in, EVERY TIME :rotfl. Awesome pics as always!

I'd say I'm sorry, but I'm not in the least bit. :monkey3 I think you need this figure. :lecture

Thanks for the compliments! :duff

Back