1/6 Hot Toys MMS349 Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Armored Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It'll be an unpopular opinion but this was an underwhelming figure. It just felt cheap to me. The armor parts just felt second-rate. Sold mine off already.

I want to see this made in die-cast. I never bought any plastic Iron Men because they felt like very cheap plastic. The Die-cast really made them stand out.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It'll be an unpopular opinion but this was an underwhelming figure. It just felt cheap to me. The armor parts just felt second-rate. Sold mine off already.

I want to see this made in die-cast. I never bought any plastic Iron Men because they felt like very cheap plastic. The Die-cast really made them stand out.

Uhh... what about diecast would make this better? he has heft and incredible detail, biggest issue is the rubber under suit, but I cant imagine Diescast being able to improve anything

Uhh... what about diecast would make this better? he has heft and incredible detail, biggest issue is the rubber under suit, but I cant imagine Diescast being able to improve anything
The biggest thing to remember is this is my opinion. In no way should it somehow degrade the figure nor should it make buyers feel any remorse of their purchase.

TO ME, it just felt cheap. Didn't really feel like the "armor bulk" was there. I guess I got used to the idea of die-cast so I felt it would be more premium to do die-cast for this figure.

In my opinion, it wasn't worth it, FOR ME.

If you enjoy it, then by all means, enjoy it.

Again, THIS IS MY OPINION.

The biggest thing to remember is this is my opinion. In no way should it somehow degrade the figure nor should it make buyers feel any remorse of their purchase.

TO ME, it just felt cheap. Didn't really feel like the "armor bulk" was there. I guess I got used to the idea of die-cast so I felt it would be more premium to do die-cast for this figure.

In my opinion, it wasn't worth it, FOR ME.

If you enjoy it, then by all means, enjoy it.

Again, THIS IS MY OPINION.

so you want the armor to be thicker? or it just weigh more?

I can't believe that no one has mentioned this before but HT is actually using a different suit from the regular version. I suspect that they are using the original bulky one that we saw on the regular batman when it was first shown. The cloth material is slightly thicker with the same gel padding. The result is a limitation in articulation. I'm gonna have to read the instructions more carefully on this one, because the articulation on the shoulder is also limited; having unattached the shoulder plate from the bicep armor. I thought it us just stiff, but with the difference in material, I wonder if they used a different body as well with different articulation. I.e. the forward/backward movement of the shoulder ball joint.

I didn't mention it, but I also did notice the fabric of the suit under the armor on Armored Bats does seem thicker and more firm than the actual regular Bats figure.

Yeah, I don't know why they did that. I have to stress caution when articulating this figure. Since my orders of Batmen came in reverse, I got the regular first, then knightmare and finally this one, I was expecting similar materials and almost the same range in movement.

Don't try to attempt to emulate the range that you get from the regular and knightmare version. Even watching Clipper's video, keep in mind that he probably is very used to maxing out the range of articulation in figures with CARE, I was afraid of breaking joints in this figure; specially in the shoulders. The suit is very limiting.

Replacing the gloves, I suggest practice before messing with the accessories with the hands. It is so bulky, and the armor pushes away from the suit as you replace the gloves.

The only reason I can think of as to why HT used this different material was that it was already ordered and they did not want to waste the material. So they used the original material, thinking that since the armor will limit articulation anyway, they may as well use this one. I think that was a mistake. It certainly could have helped a few degrees of movement in the shoulders and around the leg articulation as well.

I am so disappointed because I wanted to do certain poses with superman. I tested those poses with the Regular batman and I mistakenly thought I would be able to do those poses, even with the armor restriction. But that different material just really tossed those ideas into the gutter.

Thanks for the info, guys. I'm yet to receive my regular suit Bats and I was under the impression that the suit materials were the same. Now that you guys mentioned it though, I think it could be intentional. Maybe to be able to contain the foam padding that provides bulk for better fit of the armor? Maybe to be more resilient to friction against the armor?

Also -- I don't find it difficult at all to change the hands on my Armored Batman. Upon unboxing I had the hairdryer beside me expecting what I've read on here, but no. It's just the right tightness.

I'm happy with how HT made this figure. I was surprised that the armor was pliable and softer than what I was expecting but no way did it feel cheap to me, and the paint job is so good it looks like metal on my shelf.

To other people though, they don't feel happy with their figures just looking realistic. They want it to FEEL realistic. Maybe they hold and play with it everyday, or maybe just knowing that it's heavy and is made of metal (CHEAP METAL, in fact) makes them feel better and that it's worth an additional $50 or so.

But then seeing that HT used a lighter, pliable plastic for the armor tells me that die-cast version won't be just $50 more. That version would require a new base body too, with ratchets to hold the weight, stronger fabric to resist abrasion from sharp edges of metal armor. This isn't like Robocop and advanced Iron Man where the armor itself is ALSO the body of the figure. This is like Iron Man Mark I with body inside. So yeah, if they feel like paying more $$$ is okay to get that tactile experience they want, more power to them. I just hope HT still makes good old plastic option for those who don't subscribe to the gimmick.

diecast has worse details than plastic. they wouldn't be able to get sharp weathering effects.

this is why all of those battle damaged parts for iron man is always plastic.

I don't collect Iron Man but have the part die cast Robocop. How does the weight of this figure compare to that one?

@hm - I think once you get the regular bats, you'll be very pleasantly surprised at how much more articulation the suit allows. I'm going to try to remove the armor pieces that CK was able to take out and play with the articulation a little more to test it's range. I also see that Tony and CK was able to raise the arm just a slightly more than I can; so I want to be able to do that as well. I just would like to be able to get a decent pose with the spear.

I wish it could do the same poses as my Mezco. That one has the same limitation due to the armor but because of the difference in suit material has a much wider range of motion. I also want to test the armor on my regular bats to see if the articulation range on a normal suit.

I don't collect Iron Man but have the part die cast Robocop. How does the weight of this figure compare to that one?

I used to have that die-cast Robocop. It doesn't even contain a lot of diecast -- and it's already heavier than most of the 1/6 figures I've had. I think it's still heavier compared to this Armored Batman.

@hm - I think once you get the regular bats, you'll be very pleasantly surprised at how much more articulation the suit allows. I'm going to try to remove the armor pieces that CK was able to take out and play with the articulation a little more to test it's range. I also see that Tony and CK was able to raise the arm just a slightly more than I can; so I want to be able to do that as well. I just would like to be able to get a decent pose with the spear.

I wish it could do the same poses as my Mezco. That one has the same limitation due to the armor but because of the difference in suit material has a much wider range of motion. I also want to test the armor on my regular bats to see if the articulation range on a normal suit.

Will do keep that in mind. As for removing the armor on this, I was able to remove the armor on its right leg as the suit underneath was a bit crooked. The rubber texture print tends to stick to the plastic armor, so be very careful with the removal so you won't peel of any of the textures from the fabric suit :)

Anyway, I realized that I didn't have the batteries installedwhen I took those quick pics, so I decided to just add the lights on the eyes digitally :lol

ArmBats%203b_zpsibtooyhi.jpg

Finally together. I'll try and take better pictures but they are already cool [emoji41]
c43cce4fac95f245e0bb0b50d3cf82cb.jpg
0b383fa9c36583b1f3b8a4a7e0ccfde0.jpg

Nice! If you could only have one of these, which would you choose?

Don't know yet. Too soon to tell but I think that the black one is the more bad ass, while the grey one blends better with the other figures of the movie (Knightmare,regular...).

I took the plunge, I just could not take that limitation anymore. I found out the problem and fixed it. Shoulder articulation is now waaaay better but this still the unstitched version. will post pics later with the how-to. Hopefully, the articulation will be much better once the armor is back on.

Mine came in. Great figure but I had a hard time deciding between this and the BC. Im collecting Spook points so I may order the BC anyway.

Back