1/6 Hot Toys MMS349 Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Armored Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that supposed to be the "Well, here I am" expression?

Not sure if they're the same mouth, but the expression in the first image kind of looks like it's that expression.

It's looks to me like the neutral mouth.
For a "well, here I am" face, one could use the OSK smirking head.
Scratch building the black padding around the mouth plates is rather easy.

161024032744896359.jpg
[/center]

Thanks for posting this! Wold love to get one. Pretty happy with both mouthplates that come with the figure, but an additional option is always welcome. It looks like a recast of the neutral face from regular suit/Knightmare, with the helmet padding added on.

Anyway, here are some quick pics of my Armored Batman. I no longer have HT Predator figures, but I don't recall them looking this huge on a detolf shelf. Love this figure. Thanks to BvS and HT for making a grail figure of mine happen. :)

ArmBats%201_zpshc1b9bvm.jpg

ArmBats%202_zpsvdwqvijq.jpg

I cannot wait for this figure! Ended up preordering the Black Chrome Version a while ago just because as much a liked the movie grey something about the slick black just looked more like batman IMO! Love all the pics so far! Just making me that much more excited for mine!

I cannot wait for this figure! Ended up preordering the Black Chrome Version a while ago just because as much a liked the movie grey something about the slick black just looked more like batman IMO! Love all the pics so far! Just making me that much more excited for mine!

I did that too !!! [emoji1][emoji1]

I can't believe that no one has mentioned this before but HT is actually using a different suit from the regular version. I suspect that they are using the original bulky one that we saw on the regular batman when it was first shown. The cloth material is slightly thicker with the same gel padding. The result is a limitation in articulation. I'm gonna have to read the instructions more carefully on this one, because the articulation on the shoulder is also limited; having unattached the shoulder plate from the bicep armor. I thought it us just stiff, but with the difference in material, I wonder if they used a different body as well with different articulation. I.e. the forward/backward movement of the shoulder ball joint.

I didn't mention it, but I also did notice the fabric of the suit under the armor on Armored Bats does seem thicker and more firm than the actual regular Bats figure.

Yeah, I don't know why they did that. I have to stress caution when articulating this figure. Since my orders of Batmen came in reverse, I got the regular first, then knightmare and finally this one, I was expecting similar materials and almost the same range in movement.

Don't try to attempt to emulate the range that you get from the regular and knightmare version. Even watching Clipper's video, keep in mind that he probably is very used to maxing out the range of articulation in figures with CARE, I was afraid of breaking joints in this figure; specially in the shoulders. The suit is very limiting.

Replacing the gloves, I suggest practice before messing with the accessories with the hands. It is so bulky, and the armor pushes away from the suit as you replace the gloves.

The only reason I can think of as to why HT used this different material was that it was already ordered and they did not want to waste the material. So they used the original material, thinking that since the armor will limit articulation anyway, they may as well use this one. I think that was a mistake. It certainly could have helped a few degrees of movement in the shoulders and around the leg articulation as well.

I am so disappointed because I wanted to do certain poses with superman. I tested those poses with the Regular batman and I mistakenly thought I would be able to do those poses, even with the armor restriction. But that different material just really tossed those ideas into the gutter.

Back