Hot Toys - MMS246 - The Amazing Spider-Man 2: 1/6th scale Electro Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Green Goblin in ASM2 looked like a bootlegged Leprechaun. They'll never get that character right in these movies.

Web boards are so funny. Worst figure of all time. Yeah ok. :rotfl

HotToysTDKJokerVersion12.jpg

And? It was decent for the time. You're comparing a figure from early in the career to the latest figure they announce? How is that fair? And to be honest, I'd personally buy that Jim Carrey Joker over this. The outfit is better, the accessories are better, and the character was actually an amazing incarnation of the source material. Heck, if I didn't have Joker 2.0, I would pick that one up cause; it's cheap, it's Joker, and it's Hot Toys.

Electro will probably be way overpriced. I know HT have upped their prices, but this shouldn't be anymore than a basic figure. At least Banner price.

And? It was decent for the time. You're comparing a figure from early in the career to the latest figure they announce? How is that fair? And to be honest, I'd personally buy that Jim Carrey Joker over this. The outfit is better, the accessories are better, and the character was actually an amazing incarnation of the source material. Heck, if I didn't have Joker 2.0, I would pick that one up cause; it's cheap, it's Joker, and it's Hot Toys.

Electro will probably be way overpriced. I know HT have upped their prices, but this shouldn't be anymore than a basic figure. At least Banner price.

Once again, yeah ok. :rotfl

I agree. I think the figure itself looks awesome and I actually love the outfit. No interest for me because I wasn't a huge fan of the film. But I do think Hot Toys deserves credit here for a job well done.

Well said.:lecture

So I wonder if this will be a newly developed body since it has the light up head function plus the light up hands. It's funny before seeing the movie I didn't really love the design of Electro but he sort of grew on me and I was actually surprised by how much I enjoyed The Amazing Spider-Man 2. Not a perfect film by any means, but I thought it was a fun time. Depending on the price I'm probably in for this figure. I do agree with others in here that it would have been nice to get the alternate hoodie and pants look, but I suppose his main suit probably isn't removable anyways so it would be hard to pull off unless there was a separate figure.

Could this Hot Toys figure end up what they call a pegwarmer or shelfwarmer where nobody buys it?

Could this Hot Toys figure end up what they call a pegwarmer or shelfwarmer where nobody buys it?
Some of us are interested in it. Just because a select group of people that don't like it are being vocal about not liking it doesn't necessarily mean no one will buy it. If it's not your thing then just don't bother with it simple as that.

QUOTE=jrice73;6843400]Could this Hot Toys figure end up what they call a pegwarmer or shelfwarmer where nobody buys it?[/QUOTE]

I have little doubt this will be another Mandarin, Mecahanic Stark, Jor El, etc

This figure looks amazing!!!! spot of Jamie Foxx.The details in that suit and sculpt are incredible. Who cares if it sell out or not, we don't run or own HTs. let them worry about that. But its really nicely done. I have not seen the movie and I don't collect spidey, but i think it just looks awesome!!! :)

Hot Toys - MMS246 - The Amazing Spider-Man 2: 1/6th scale Electro Collectible...

Looks great. Bought. Nuff said.

Last edited:
Would of loved a Gwen Stacy. I really don't like figures with batteries. I tend to just place them in a cabinet and leave it there.

Reminds me of the characters from "Beneath the Planet of the Apes"!!
If I can't sleep at night I should just look at this figure....boring!

Back