Hot Toys MMS233 -Predator 2 - 1/6th scale Elder Predator 2.0 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please do,very detail reference you have there.
Sorry. I can't make better screenshot.

02_Elder_Predator_hair_02.jpg

A pic of the mandibles would be good to complete the guide.
I took this pics for that:
01_Elder_head_01.jpg

That doesn't look like a human skull. The eye sockets are too large and have a ridge line not associated with humans. Also the cheeks and nose line is wrong. Looks more like a monkey skull.
And the patch with the design on it looks like skin, and the design could be a tat.

Ok. This is my guide (I will send it to hot toys):

Elder_Predator_hair.jpg

Elder_Predator_forearm_armor_right_hand.jpg

Elder_Predator_forearm_armor_right_hand_02.jpg

Elder_Predator_forearm_armor_left_hand_01.jpg

Elder_Predator_forearm_armor_left_hand_02.jpg

Elder_Predator_forearm_armor_left_hand_03.jpg

Elder_Predator_loincloth_with_belt.jpg

Elder_Predator_bag.jpg

Elder_Predator_feet.jpg

Elder_Predator_sheath.jpg

Elder_Predator_sword.jpg

Maybe it helps
Alex

Has there ever been a behind the scenes Book with everything regarding Predator 1 and 2 designs? I have AvP 1 & 2 BTS books and they are very detailed when it comes to the designs. I really want a Predator 2 companion book:)

I just read over on the Stan Winston School.com site that the "Combi-stick" prop, pic below, used in the movie went missing after production and its whereabouts are unknown. Just imagine having it and having to keep it a secret or be busted as a thief and have to return it :slap

Image from StanWinstonSchoolofCharacterArts.com
Predator2combistickpropusedandmissing_zps9346a486.jpg

LOL. I didn't see "Butch" but that really makes me think it's human skin. Man, the details need to be examined almost microscopically. :lol

I am pretty sure that's whats going on in very predator thread , picked to death to the point this is no fun.I am having to much fun for it to bother me

Either way this figure is the most accurate I've seen anyways but I can only imagine the price hike if it was detailed down to every spec.
He's a bad a** mofo to me

I know the accuracy issues have been discussed in great detail but maybe it's down to the figures expression/or other details that makes it look a lot more off than it actually is. I just think the figure misses that old & wiser look. He looks 'younger'.

The figure has grown on me since the reveal. The detailing on the head and dreads are a huge plus here.

Fix the mandible expression and add more quills. The likeness would be near-impeccable if they did that. I'm starting to think though: maybe the reason they only threw on a few quills is because they want to avoid the inevitable QC nightmare that would happen if the whole head was covered in them. I'd hate to be in HT's position on this because it makes perfect sense. Hell, even with the few quills that they did give us, a lot could go wrong.

I would almost suggest they mold the brows as a separate piece with the quills as part of the sculpt, then glue them onto the head and paint over the seams. If they do it well, we wouldn't know the difference and they'd be able to give us all the quills we need.

I would almost suggest they mold the brows as a separate piece with the quills as part of the sculpt, then glue them onto the head and paint over the seams. If they do it well, we wouldn't know the difference and they'd be able to give us all the quills we need.

I'm sure we will see one or two great mods on this figure. Some of the custom quills have looked really good on past custom Preds so this one should top them easily.

My only gripe really is the overly long upper tusks. If Hot Toys doesn't change them, I'm gonna have to shorten them myself.

A quick PS job. Looks better this way, IMO. :)

pe2_zpsba3ba277.jpg~original

I think the fact of the matter is, there's just SO many intricate details with Elder that it's practically impossible to get him perfect. No one ever has or will. As long as the aura and overall look of Elder is there I'm happy (And I absolutely am with what I see).

I thought I knew everything about Elder design wise but Alex's pics just proved me wrong. Like with the bandage pattern and bones hanging from the sword hilt. Who knew? It's so difficult to tell in the movie anyway so I'm not bothered by missing things like that.

I always say at the end of the day, I'm looking for a bad-*** figure on my shelf and this figure absolutely is!

Well it all gets a bit anally retentive with all of this arguing about detail, but at the end of the day we pay a small fortune for these figures, so HT can either give us, the customers, the level of detail we demand, or lower the price and churn out crap and we will get on with customizing them ourselves.
Dizzy

Back