Hot Toys MMS233 -Predator 2 - 1/6th scale Elder Predator 2.0 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
unfortunately tsang has some disability that doesn't allow him work with small details, so there will be no easy & cool quills.

It's not that. Like I said, it's more likely to be the inevitable QC nightmare that would come from adding tons of glued quills. At least with the AVP Elder they came separately so that HT wouldn't have to accept responsibility for any glue mishaps -- and would you really want to deal with that fiasco again? I, for one, don't. Spending three hours putting holes into a $200+ figure and another two hours gluing and cursing my existence? No thanks. And sculpting erect quills on the head is out of the question because molding/casting would be impossible.

hot toys elder predator.
the real "elder predator" - from avp.
he had separate quills that should be put into the head. very nice and neat.

Uh... no. Not in the least.

Personally I love this elder...
that said, ESP looking at the p2 heads, tsang doesn't seem to realize that between the first predator movie and the second,
the designers decided to make the crown of p2 preds higher and flatter instead of rounded off like p1, which is why his press all seem to resemble p1s, even if original sculpts....

Even one if the original sculptors of the predator, who sculpted the cinemaquette, sculpted jungle hunter pred cm with the newer higher flatter head proportions, because the design evolved to those "specs" so to speak...it's the new standard look of the predator which twang didn't capture in his p2 sculpts.

I don't gave the first hot toys versions of p2 or elder, but I plan on getting the new version of elder bc the first versions are going for crazy prices now....

At least this means that by the time he gets to the 1/4 P1, he should know what he's doing. I know it's Tsang, but oddly enough I have faith that he'll turn out great.

Once again: you're comparing a shot of the new figure looking at you dead-center to a shot from the film where the character is looking up. Of course in that shot, he's not going to look angry. But what about in this one?

Predator2_120.jpg

I know you guys hate Tsang, but the god's honest truth is that this figure is nowhere near as inaccurate as people are making it out to be. It's not perfect, but it's definitely superior to the original.

He doesn't look angry in this screen shot either. I don't think he looks angry at all during his screen time. But the figure does. It looks like he's ready to fight.

PS.. once the version 2.0 elder comes in should i replace the old one with him..
or leave these puppies with the old version as per this pic???

soooo hard....:slap

Keep him brother, I sure am. He probably has the best predator headsculpt to date and looks pretty badass overall. What I am going to do is do a yearly thing that I swap the 2.0 figures with the original figures and keep them in my display cabinet for a year. Over all I just think any of the original figures are just to hard to pass up if you have already owned them and had them long enough to form a bond with them. :peace

He doesn't look angry in this screen shot either. I don't think he looks angry at all during his screen time. But the figure does. It looks like he's ready to fight.

But his eyebrows do appear to be pointing down more in that shot (and who knows how he looks if his eyes are in the dark there?). My point was that you can't use a comparison between two shots from different angles to criticize the slant of a shape. Not fair.

I'm curious to see what this figure would look like from a low angle, much like the ones from which the original was photographed -- and like the ones from which this character was shot in the film.

9-1.jpg

Despite the inaccuracy (which I don't really mind), it's an awesome & best looking predator figure to date.

Yet, the movie was .... You know .... :slap, and as I choose to collect good characters from acceptable films - I'm in a dilemma

Looks really unimpressive to me, the shape of the head and mandibles isn't right and the mandibles are identical to city hunters which I really don't like... they better change the mandibles and slightly adjust the forehead. Also the price on this is WAY to much for the amount of accessories he comes with. City hunter was 220 and came with much more, this company just gets more and more expensive every day.

9-1.jpg

Despite the inaccuracy (which I don't really mind), it's an awesome & best looking predator figure to date.

Yet, the movie was .... You know .... :slap, and as I choose to collect good characters from acceptable films - I'm in a dilemma

ITS DEF the best looking predator.. and also my favorite in all the movies. 2ND would have to be Wolf... .. end of the day as i prev said, im happy they remade him. pre ordered on 1st day.. thank you Tsang

ITS DEF the best looking predator.. and also my favorite in all the movies. 2ND would have to be Wolf... .. end of the day as i prev said, im happy they remade him. pre ordered on 1st day.. thank you Tsang

:hi5: Lets hope the sales from this and celtic help us get a Wolf 2.0 at some point. :pray:

:hi5: Lets hope the sales from this and celtic help us get a Wolf 2.0 at some point. :pray:

Yeah i know.. once they bring the version 2.0 out im pretty much done with preds.. have the ones i want ( p1,p2, berserker, elder and hopefully wolf ) :pray::pray:

like I said
i don't care even a litte bit about what you say , so please just get lost from me with your crying )

It's not that. Like I said, it's more likely to be the inevitable QC nightmare that would come from adding tons of glued quills. At least with the AVP Elder they came separately so that HT wouldn't have to accept responsibility for any glue mishaps -- and would you really want to deal with that fiasco again? I, for one, don't. Spending three hours putting holes into a $200+ figure and another two hours gluing and cursing my existence? No thanks. And sculpting erect quills on the head is out of the question because molding/casting would be impossible.
i never had AVP elder. never put the quills in. do you mean it was dull & difficult? pity because i hoped to use those quills on this new guy.
well i'll try that anyway. just might have to get an extra head in case i spoil the first one ))

I know it's Tsang, but oddly enough I have faith that he'll turn out great.
yeah when he's fired.

but really???? can you guys sc ult and paint an elder pred better than Tsang???

the answer is no..
that is so lame.
1) are you sure that nobody can sculpt predators better than tsang? how can you be sure? did you go to HT, stopped tsang from what he does and opened a competition for 100 people at least?
2) the answer to your question is "yes": Grayback, P1, P2 - they were all sculpted closer to movie variants than Tsang, and that was years ago, when HT didn't get to that level of painting. Kyle Windrix sculpted every predator head way better than tsang, and only neca cheap production line ruined his prototypes.
so how can you say that nobody can sculpt better? not to mention Kyle and former HT predator sculptor, here on this board people show their either resculpts or 3d models, they all look better than tsang, and they are not hired workers who have to follow the movie variant because that's what their employer wants to sell.
but no, lame kids will always repeat that stupid question "oh who can who can".

Gotta love P. Never ending complaints about Tsang's work but always ends up buying more works of Tsang. Tsang bashing is getting old IMHO.
remember this, please, if you have something to remember with. and explain to your mind clones:
a) i buy the scale and quality of HT, not tsang's production. i would be super happy if he was fired and a talented person took his place, but i'll have to wait a decade more.
b) count your own money and get out of my business :)

Last edited:
They don't need to add a ton of quills. Just 3-5 more per eyebrow. Not a big deal, and I doubt it would greatly (if at all) affect the QC.

I think I've discovered what is bugging me the most. The upper mandible teeth being way too long. Damnit. Just look at a ****ing screencap, Tsang.

I really want this figure. The last HT predator I bought was Gort. Just a little over three years ago. :horror

Yet, the movie was .... You know .... Fantastic?, and as I choose to collect good characters from acceptable films - I'm in a dilemma
Dilemma averted

remember this, please, if you have something to remember with. and explain to your mind clones:
a) i buy the scale and quality of HT, not tsang's production. i would be super happy if he was fired and a talented person took his place, but i'll have to wait a decade more.
b) count your own money and get out of my business :)

Hmm.. You're still buying Tsang's work/production since he's the one who sculpted it. Correct?

I could understand your Tsang bashing more if you didn't have a single predator he worked on but you have more "Tsang" Predators than the average collector.

And you said it yourself, why buy more Tsang predators when you can wait a decade or more or when Tsang gets fired (whichever comes first)? Clearly you don't like his work with your continuous bashing on every (terminator/alien/predator) thread and it's really getting OLD and ANNOYING. Believe me.

Sorry, just can't see the logic in that.

Last edited:
b) count your own money and get out of my business :)[/QUOTE]

Your fried my friend!...
get rid and sell EVERY single predator from Tsang you have if they are so terrible.. I bet that wont happen.....

Hmm.. You're still buying Tsang's work/production since he's the one who sculpted it. Correct?
incorrect.
i'm buying HT materials & scale since its director chose to use those materials & scale that don't deteriorate or look cheap-low-detailed like on kenner or mcfarlane.
i buy predators since i like predators.
i bought them long before tsang took his part in them.
i continue buying them today, but i hope tsang is fired since he cannot sculpt predators properly.
i haven't seen a decent movie predator sculpt since tsang took his place in this license.
is that so unusual to understand? :cuckoo:

output_gybaDX.gif

...and yes, since you'll all be out of this hobby long before i finally find a perfect predator figure, your mordancy is as useless as throwing pebble into a sea :D

it's really getting OLD and ANNOYING. Believe me.
you've got two magic buttons for that problem!

1)
091bdeb7fffa.jpg
2)
a47f4a147c07.jpg

you cannot vote for a proper predator figure, but you can vote for deleting the constant reminding of the first problem :D

Last edited:
Back