Hot Toys MMS233 -Predator 2 - 1/6th scale Elder Predator 2.0 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fix the mandible expression and add more quills. The likeness would be near-impeccable if they did that. I'm starting to think though: maybe the reason they only threw on a few quills is because they want to avoid the inevitable QC nightmare that would happen if the whole head was covered in them. I'd hate to be in HT's position on this because it makes perfect sense. Hell, even with the few quills that they did give us, a lot could go wrong.

I would almost suggest they mold the brows as a separate piece with the quills as part of the sculpt, then glue them onto the head and paint over the seams. If they do it well, we wouldn't know the difference and they'd be able to give us all the quills we need.
hot toys elder predator.
the real "elder predator" - from avp.
he had separate quills that should be put into the head. very nice and neat.
unfortunately tsang has some disability that doesn't allow him work with small details, so there will be no easy & cool quills.

hot toys elder predator.
the real "elder predator" - from avp.
he had separate quills that should be put into the head. very nice and neat.
unfortunately tsang has some disability that doesn't allow him work with small details, so there will be no easy & cool quills.

so much hate on Tsang on every post but you still keep buying it :slap
mr. perfection…I want to see you try to sculpt or paint like he does :cuckoo:

I look at that and it looks great and is instantly identifiable. All the minor issues for me at least are just opportunities for fun customizing which is why I am into 1/6 in the first place.

I agree with you so much here. None of us would e able to create a Predator figure anything near the detail of Tsang. Myself have learnt to live with the in accurate things about all the figures he has done and just appreciate the overall figure. If I can walk into a room and see every predator has its own unique design to it I do not give two ****s about what is and what isn't accurate.

Personally I love this elder...
that said, ESP looking at the p2 heads, tsang doesn't seem to realize that between the first predator movie and the second,
the designers decided to make the crown of p2 preds higher and flatter instead of rounded off like p1, which is why his preds all seem to resemble p1s, even if original sculpts....

Even one of the original sculptors of the predator, who sculpted the cinemaquette, sculpted jungle hunter pred cm with the newer higher flatter head proportions, because the design evolved to those "specs" so to speak...it's the new standard look of the predator which tsang didn't capture in his p2 sculpts.

I don't gave the first hot toys versions of p2 or elder, but I plan on getting the new version of elder bc the first versions are going for crazy prices now....

Last edited:
Well it all gets a bit anally retentive with all of this arguing about detail, but at the end of the day we pay a small fortune for these figures, so HT can either give us, the customers, the level of detail we demand, or lower the price and churn out crap and we will get on with customizing them ourselves.
Dizzy

My thoughts exactly. While I'm not going to sit here and nit pick every single detail I'm not going to sit here and defend the artist either. Not for a figure that costs damn near 250 to purchase. On this particular figure I can let the small details go and buy it.

I was not able to do that with city hunter. I really felt HT dropped the ball completely on that one.

and i want you to go to hell with your comments on me until i don't comment you :)
care for your figures, i'll care for mine )

I know the accuracy issues have been discussed in great detail but maybe it's down to the figures expression/or other details that makes it look a lot more off than it actually is. I just think the figure misses that old & wiser look. He looks 'younger'.

The figure has grown on me since the reveal. The detailing on the head and dreads are a huge plus here.

I think the “Younger” comment sums the look up perfectly. Which works fine for me because I have the Sideshow Elder and that thing looks so old the Ex. Should have been a pension.

and i want you to go to hell with your comments on me until i don't comment you :)
care for your figures, i'll care for mine )

internet tough guy..no need to sink to your level..just tired of constant complaining about Tsang…like I said, don't like it..don't buy it :cuckoo:

THIS! I agree. You should send this to HT and maybe they'll fix the upper tusk before release.

My only gripe really is the overly long upper tusks. If Hot Toys doesn't change them, I'm gonna have to shorten them myself.

A quick PS job. Looks better this way, IMO. :)

pe2_zpsba3ba277.jpg~original

Gotta love P. Never ending complaints about Tsang's work but always ends up buying more works of Tsang. Tsang bashing is getting old IMHO.

Gotta love P. Never ending complaints about Tsang's work but always ends up buying more works of Tsang. Tsang bashing is getting old IMHO.

i have no F*kin idea why people complain soo much about such an awesome piece.. it def has minor things that could be fixed.. but really???? can you guys sc ult and paint an elder pred better than Tsang???

the answer is no.. so just relax.. its a MUST GET/HAVE.. ( and i also have version 1.0 )
:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

PS.. once the version 2.0 elder comes in should i replace the old one with him..
or leave these puppies with the old version as per this pic???

soooo hard....:slap

Attachments

• Preds.jpg
    Preds.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 155
Back