1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

Actually that version of Arcade posted on the page before this one, is not the full version. A few days ago someone posted the full version, which is really magnificent. I am sure its been pulled down by now; they really seem to be trying to enforce the copyright on YouTube.

That's fine. I already downloaded it to RealPlayer. :rotfl

The album i have was an advance release promo album i got about a month ago.
It has 40 tracks in it, including the separate audio cues from all the trailers.
Ideal Of Hope is the music from the Trailer #2(the last major trailer released).

That's just the bootleg which was circulated with (pre-release) snippets of all the album tracks along with separated audio channels from the various trailers. :dunno

Yes, "Arcade" is a great track, best on the album IMO. Why is it called Arcade, anyone know?

Yes, "Arcade" is a great track, best on the album IMO. Why is it called Arcade, anyone know?

I think in this instance, arcade refers to a passageway (possibly surrounded by two sides)... so if it's attached to Kal El, it could be inferring to something about his choice and journey/destiny.

Anyways, Zimmer is my favorite part of this movie.

Last edited:

Yeah you are. Ideal of hope is a chopped down version of "What are you going to do when you're not saving the world?" And arcade is very similar if not the same as "I will find him."
Arcade is still listed as it's own track on CD2 so yes it is officially on the soundtrack. Ideal of Hope is also it's own song on CD2, being the last track in the soundtrack.

My highlights are 'Goodbye My Son', 'Flight', 'WAYGTDWYNSTW' and my own addition, 'Journey to the Line' which was used in the SDCC trailer, from The Thin Red Line soundtrack.

I have to admit that this movie made me dust off my copy of the Singles soundtrack for the Chris Cornell song, Seasons.:lol

I kinda miss the grunge era of my high school days.

I think in this instance, arcade refers to a passageway (possibly surrounded by two sides)... so if it's attached to Kal El, it could be inferring to something about his choice and journey/destiny.

Anyways, Zimmer is my favorite part of this movie.

That's what I was thinking as well, an architectural arcade. Though when I first got the album and saw the track title I first wondered why it was named after a videoame area :lol

came out the cinema and heard some people saying they didn't like it and it was slightly better than Superman Returns, i still can't see what people dont like about it or why opinions on it are so divided, i loved the film both times i saw it and felt for Clark especially as Jor El and John Kent were like the Alfreds of the film. I was never a fan of the 78 film or sequels so maybe that's it.

Reading through the last few pages, I learned some things new about the soundtrack! I definitely need to pick it up! I've been listening to it off the web only. In fact, I play the tracks while reading through some of these MoS posts. :wink1:

came out the cinema and heard some people saying they didn't like it and it was slightly better than Superman Returns, i still can't see what people dont like about it or why opinions on it are so divided, i loved the film both times i saw it and felt for Clark especially as Jor El and John Kent were like the Alfreds of the film. I was never a fan of the 78 film or sequels so maybe that's it.

It was just very empty experience. I just didn't find myself caring when all the action was happening.

The beginning was for more entertaining, when characters were starting to be developed. Then it just cuts to each event so quickly and without care or finesse. I mean c'mon, the Lois relationship was so poorly done and forced.

I think that's what people are referring to when they say they felt like something was missing. The movie had no heart in the end. No overwhelming feeling of hope.

It was just very empty experience. I just didn't find myself caring when all the action was happening.

The beginning was for more entertaining, when characters were starting to be developed. Then it just cuts to each event so quickly and without care. I mean c'mon, the Lois relationship was so poorly done and forced.

I think that's what people are referring to when they say they felt like something was missing. The movie had no heart in the end. No overwhelming feeling of hope.

I think that might be because of the ridiculous amount of devastation. Nobody wants him around if that's what he bring. I enjoyed the movie, and since it was actually an "invasion" film, I understand that it won't always be like this but I think that is what turned some people off. Those who care about that superman "feeling"

The third act is poorly built up. The Smallville vignettes are beautiful, but they're sporadicly placed throughout the film triggered by whimsical events (i.e. the schoolbus going by). I think going straight start to finish w/ zero flashbacks would've played better. The story is a journey not a puzzle. Tell it as such.

That said I still really dug the film, and Cavill really lends himself well to role. This figure is a definite pick-up for me, and he'll look great next to Babydoll and The Comedian.

I think the flash backs worked fairly well. Key things in his childhood that came back during his adult life and not chronologically. I think the story in this case the journey is a puzzle b/c he's trying to find out who he is by putting together pieces of both worlds, Earth and Krypton.

It felt like a superman film to me. It's been what I've been waiting for in a superman movie.

I don't think a movie has to end on a feeling of hope...just look at the Dark Knight. I think it's odd that so many people felt MOS had no heart. I thought it had a lot of heart...I don't think a superman movie has to have warm fuzzies and a happy ending to be an enjoyable film...in fact I think that for the most part, that's the easy way out for a director...to make a "crowd pleasing" movie that ties up all the dirty in a neat package by the end and leaves the audience with smile on their face as they walk out. I personally prefer more weighty, nuanced endings...but that's just MHO. :)

By heart I don't mean Disney.

The Dark Knight trilogy had more heart.

X-Men First Class had more heart.

Iron Man had more heart.

Heart is human emotion and making one care about the people in the movie. The movie didn't make me feel much. No laughs, no pain, no sadness, or happiness. Whatever small glimpses of this it had, was destroyed by the last third of the film. It was just another movie for Snyder to show off his visual prowess, like everything else he has done.

And hope because the movie loves to mention it so many times... and then it doesn't quite deliver it. This is Superman. Wtf man!

I think actors were up to the task, but the directing and writing couldn't back it up. I wanted to love the characters like I do Fassbender's Magneto, Heath Joker, Bale Batman, Hemsworth Thor, etc... but I didn't find myself doing that.

Anyways, I think I'm going on about it enough around here!

Last edited:

Any one have a clear picture of the Kryptonian council guards that were present when the Zod was chained up from what I can see the helmets are sweet looking

As most things, just depends on the person. I felt all those emotions and thought the movie had it as well, especially sadness and pain which were definitely there near the end, with happiness at the very end for sure. But again, all that depends on the person. It's all opinion and at the end of the day, the only opinion that should matter to you is yours. Pretty much "one man's trash is another man's treasure"

Back