1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

I'm with you, looking at the calendar and if they want a 2015/2016 Justice Leauge movie they don't have time to pump all of those out.

Instead of copying marvel, just dive in. Superman wasn't only a reboot for DC, it was to also gauge interest in Justice League. Supes 2 and JL just was greenlit.

Which will come first is unknown, that leans me to the Justice League most likely be a fully running team with no backstory.

Remember comic book movies have to appeal to broad audiences. Everyone knows who Lex Luthor is which is why he should be next. Justice League geesh who knows.

Last edited:

I'm with you, I'm just looking at the calendar and if they want a 2015/2016 Justice Leauge movie they don't have time to pump all of those out.

Instead of copying marvel, just dive in. Superman wasn't only a reboot for DC, it was to also gauge interest in Justice League. Supes 2 and JL just was greenlit.

Which will come first is unknown, that leans me to the Justice League most likely be a fully runing team with no backstory.

Imo they have to introduce the new Batman first, no origin story or just a quick overview in flashbacks but he cannot just turn up in the JL movie, he needs his own movie and maybe it features him keeping track of the other heroes and a big threat coming he can't handle alone so he reaches out to them at the end.

It will get more people watching it too as everyone loves Batman and his movie will get everyone hyped for the JL

and if there's no Lex Luthor who the hell is going to run the Legion of Doom against the Superfriends, er the Justice League?!?!?!:lol
Oops me Solomon Grundy kind of dropped ball on that one...........

[ame]https://youtu.be/4hZ-il7Ey9I[/ame]

I don't think that is sound plan to many characters to introduce and reboot. A new rebooted batman followed by a more then likely rebooted GL as their is no way they would re introduce that GL in to this movie considering it was received horribly by people.

And then you have any number or other characters who make up the JL from flash to Wonder Women. The Flash maybe easier to introduce since its based on science but how do introduce a character line WW not easy at all.

What makes Diana any more difficult to introduce than Thor? She's an immortal warrior princess, from an enchanted island of women warriors. She is the outsider coming to the "world of man" for the first time as an ambassador of her people.

Anyone who can't buy that premise shouldn't be seeing a comic book film. If the idea of her bugs an individual more than, the guy with anger issues and radiation poisoning, or the billionaire dressed as rodent, or the guy with the do everything ring, or the other billionaire with a flying tank, or the alien/god of thunder, then I can't help you.

I think Batman does need another movie since all 7 previous movie incarnations of Batman were set in a world without superman. MoS, I think, was made with JL in mind so if GL were to pop up you'd go along with it. But if Clayface was to make an appearance in TDKR, you'd go "hang on, what's going on here?"

Where did you manage to find it for £135???

Do tell...!!!!!

Mothers Basement.

They have a deal where they will beat any price in the UK

That excludes places like eBay

Since One Sixth Bruce has him.at £139.99 shipped, they were happy to make a deal

Both are low prices either way

It's on their site so I'm sure they've no concerns with me saying this...

The couple at MB are quite awesome like that

We all want this, er, almost everyone does, even as we cringe at the thought of how much that armor is gonna cost. Can. You. Imagine.

I wonder if they'll do the armor in diecast like they are doing with the IM III figures.

That's pretty much what I implied few pages back. :(

However, maybe they care about their products and want to produce most accurate Man of Steel ever! Regardless if people are buying it maybe they want to please their customers as well. :dunno

I would say so, look at some of the previous figure releases such as the Avengers Thor, the first released photos people had a field day complaining about the way the head sculpt looked, HT went back and revamped it to a much better version.

After all, unless I am mistaken don't the people at Sideshow and Hot Toys look at this forum to see what the likes and dislikes are?

Here's another question up for opinion/feedback. The 1:1 scale Kryptonian command key. Anyone think this will be made out of Diecast? Normally I'd say no due to cost, but considering as you don't really get jack for accessories with this guy and average price being 190 to 200 I think a diecast Kryptonian command key versus a plastic one would be awesome. Especially for realism.

I know it's probably wishful thinking, but doesn't hurt to dream LOL

I just came back from seeing the movie. It was excellent. A bit different than I expected, but very well done.

With Supes already announced, and Jor-El previewed, I would be absolutely amazed if the didn't make a Zod. They could easily make 2 versions of Zod. But I'd would be very happy with one. And I'd like to have a Faora too, based on her role.

I think Batman does need another movie since all 7 previous movie incarnations of Batman were set in a world without superman. MoS, I think, was made with JL in mind so if GL were to pop up you'd go along with it. But if Clayface was to make an appearance in TDKR, you'd go "hang on, what's going on here?"

i agree and also Wonder Woman and Flash definitely need a solo movie first before they even think about a Justice League movie. I think Martian Man-hunter doesn't need a solo movie, it would be better if his origins were told in a flashback sequence in the JL movie. Also casual movie goers will definitely not recognize Wonder Woman. DC needs to take the Marvel approach with a few of their mainstream characters if they hope to achieve the level of success Marvel has attained with their movies.

CSC has this guy marked as sold out already.

Back