1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

Just saw this movie and I have to say that I'm very disappointed . First of all , the amazing / epic John Williams soundtrack is completely gone from the film . It's like watching Jaws without the music . Thumbs down right there . #2 I never felt like I cared for any of the characters . I'll stop there because some people will feel differently . Good news is that can pass on this figure now . The original superman crushes this film hands down .

i agree and also Wonder Woman and Flash definitely need a solo movie first before they even think about a Justice League movie. I think Martian Man-hunter doesn't need a solo movie, it would be better if his origins were told in a flashback sequence in the JL movie. Also casual movie goers will definitely not recognize Wonder Woman. DC needs to take the Marvel approach with a few of their mainstream characters if they hope to achieve the level of success Marvel has attained with their movies.

Well, seeing how bad the WW series was and the low expectation for Flash solo movie, I reckon they can just go the Avengers route; have WW in the next MoS like Black Widow in IM2, and have Flash and the rest of them pop in like Bruce Banner in Avengers. I think the characters are well known enough that they don't need individual movies since if one of them was to flop at the box office that'd risk the bigwigs at the studio not giving the go ahead for JL. That's just my two cents though.

Last edited:

Something tells me it won't be removable. It'll probably be sewn in the back so unless you're ready for heavy customizing...

But don't sweat too much. Pretty sure the final body won't have the thunder thighs.:)

Every other proto that has had them still had them on the final figure. HT really needs to quit that.

Every other proto that has had them still had them on the final figure. HT really needs to quit that.

I reckon HT is using the same undersuit as DX12's. I honestly don't know what the point was in using them in the first place since it hinders articulation and make the thighs look ridiculously big and adds unnecessary volume to the waist area.

What makes Diana any more difficult to introduce than Thor? She's an immortal warrior princess, from an enchanted island of women warriors. She is the outsider coming to the "world of man" for the first time as an ambassador of her people.

Anyone who can't buy that premise shouldn't be seeing a comic book film. If the idea of her bugs an individual more than, the guy with anger issues and radiation poisoning, or the billionaire dressed as rodent, or the guy with the do everything ring, or the other billionaire with a flying tank, or the alien/god of thunder, then I can't help you.

You said it right there the this Goyer , Nolan world is root in science/Technology not mysticism and lore. They are taking a science angle to described his super powers , he can deify their gravity because its weaker then krypton and absorb earth solar radiation affecting his cellular structure , they deliberately tried to explain these things with a scientific point of view.

Hence the above reference would not necessarily fit in there world with out having an explanation rooted in science and technology same goes for GL power ring " harness will power " it doesn't fit in with the rest of man of steel world it will need a science angle that is why I think GL will be rebooted to fit in to this new mold of movies at DC. Since its the only thing the managed to get working till now. I am not saying it will not work only that it will need to be reworked I think even in the comic the Wonder girl in teen titans has he power from the ancient armor so some type of science angle as opposed to greek gods and stuff like that

Last edited:

I guess that on DX12, the under suit hinders articulation on purpose. They want to avoid the inevitable complaints like "I put my Batman in such and such stance and now the suit is all creased".

Here, I'm afraid that extreme pauses will stretch the rubber chain link as extreme pauses held for a long time would stretch the webbing on Red and blue Spidey.

You said it right there the this Goyer , Nolan world is root in science/Technology not mysticism and lore. They are taking a science angle to described his super powers , he can deify their gravity because its weaker then krypton and absorb earth solar radiation , they deliberately tried to explain these things not just oh that's just the way it is.

Hence the above reference would not necessarily fit in there world with out having an explanation rooted in science and technology same goes for GL power ring " harness will power " it doesn't fit in with the rest of man of steel world it will need a science angle that is why I think GL will be rebooted to fit in to this new mold of movies at DC. Since its the only thing the managed to get working till now. I am not saying it will not work only that it will need to be reworked I think even in the comic the Wonder girl in teen titans has he power from the ancient armor so some type of science angle as opposed to greek gods and stuff like that

True and I don't think that I am the only one leaving the theatre thinking that this Superman is in constant pain from his own superpowers which explains why he looks so unhappy all the time. Which makes this Superman very real and not so god-like. Though I wish Snyder handled the story better though. I'm sure it's brilliant on paper but I agree with sixxshooter, this movie just fails to deliver because of bad directing as well as casting.

I guess that on DX12, the under suit hinders articulation on purpose. They want to avoid the inevitable complaints like "I put my Batman in such and such stance and now the suit is all creased

That's a very good point!

I don't have time to read through 115 pages, new to superman figures... It appears this does not come with any kind of stand for flying/hovering poses, if not, would it be hard to get a hold of one?

I agree. WW is going to be tough to translate without changing her origin a little bit. I think there's a chance she could be awesome, or big chance that audiences don't care about seeing her solo movie. Either way, she won't bring MOS audiences so if they did her next, people would be saying that the JL movie was going to fail.

Another issue with bringing in WW like BW is that these DC movies have a lot of character development, whereas BW pretty much had none right? I mean she was just secretly BW and that was it right? I'm not complaining but any introduction of a JL member should probably be a solo movie unless they're going to somehow focus MOS2 on WW which would also be silly because there's plenty to explore in MOS without her and we don't want to shortchange that.

Finally, I think that means that they should continue with another superhero that has an ability to surprise audiences without forcing too much pressure on itself: Martian Manhunter.

Aquaman: I think the movie might be underwhelming, not good for a next step. I am an Aquaman fan though.
WW: Stated above.
GL: Too soon, let's just let the residue of the last one wash away a little longer.
Flash: Possible choice for the next step. I think he would bring a little too much pressure to the JL movie. I say give him the third movie.
Cyborg: Not really interested...
Green Arrow: Maybe something could be worked out with the Tv show.
Batman/Superman: I think Wayne vs Luthor and Wayne vs Kent could be a very interesting dynamic for MOS2.

True and I don't think that I am the only one leaving the theatre thinking that this Superman is in constant pain from his own superpowers which explains why he looks so unhappy all the time. Which makes this Superman very real and not so god-like. Though I wish Snyder handled the story better though. I'm sure it's brilliant on paper but I agree with sixxshooter, this movie just fails to deliver because of bad directing as well as casting.

That's a very good point!

I agree as well. It's kept me from doing stupid things. It ruined the Bat-pod for me and I sold it off but oh well.

I don't have time to read through 115 pages, new to superman figures... It appears this does not come with any kind of stand for flying/hovering poses, if not, would it be hard to get a hold of one?

He has a waist grabber which raises up and down for hovering poses.

945922_10151446326072344_556535160_n.jpg

Just saw this movie and I have to say that I'm very disappointed . First of all , the amazing / epic John Williams soundtrack is completely gone from the film . It's like watching Jaws without the music.

Did you seriously think they were going to use music from thirty years ago? That had exactly zero chance of happening.

The past: let it go, people. We look back fondly, but we are in a different day and age.

Yeah having the classic tune would be wrong as this is a new Superman for a new generation.

Well the NEW superman/soundtrack sucked in my opinion . That's all I'm saying .

Well the NEW superman/soundtrack was great in my opinion. That's all I'm saying.

Again, Where was all this bellyaching when Nolan ditched the classic Elfman score for Batman???

New films, new music. Zimmer did a great job. i liked this better than a lot of his recent stuff.

Did you seriously think they were going to use music from thirty years ago? That had exactly zero chance of happening.

The past: let it go, people. We look back fondly, but we are in a different day and age.

Yes . I did in fact . It's a superman movie . Where talking about a soundtrack that has success written all over it . They could have slipped it in a little bit .

That makes no sense...

Its not a sequel, its a reboot. Time to get out of the past.

Yes . I did in fact . It's a superman movie . Where talking about a soundtrack that has success written all over it . They could have slipped it in a little bit .

This is a new superman. I love the old johnny Williams stuff too, but this is now. And the old stuff wouldn't have worked.

I just think it was foolish of them not to use such a uplifting musical soundtrack . My young nephews have all seen the original and loved it but the thing they remember the most was the music . It just so awesome !

Back