Hot Toys - MMS186 - The Avengers: HULK (Pics & Specs)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - The Avengers: HULK

:goodpost:

That HULK should have been ALL RUBBER!

Again, I won't pay hundreds of dollars to get a big-sized Marvel Select toy!

Batman DX09 is the best prove that Hot Toys is using better rubber now.

Wrong answer :slap

How you can believe a relatively thin peice of rubber armor could possibly speak for a thick covering over an entire 16-18 inch figure is a mystery for the ages.

If you think the only differences between a plastic Marvel Select figure and a plastic Hot Toys figure are price and size, I wouldn't put it past you to tell me the difference between a chihuahua and a pit bull.

With all due respect: fail. :horror

Hot Toys track record?! You know something we don't? I've never had issues with the rubber bodied figures I've had from them..:dunno That's not to say I like rubber bodies coz lets be honest rubber won't last forever but seriously, "Hot Toys track record"??

Gee... Batman DX02, 300, Rambo, Perseus, Comedian, the rubber dome on ED-209..shall I go on? If Hot Toys hasn't had any issues with rubber figures, why didn't they go the all rubber route for Avatar?

So because Keaton Batman hasn't leaked yet that means they have fixed the problem? Most of these figures didn't have issues out of the box. Why would I pay $300-$400 for a figure that will most likely start rotting before my eyes in 2-3 years? BASED ON THEIR TRACK RECORD.

Gee... Batman DX02, 300, Rambo, Perseus, Comedian, the rubber dome on ED-209..shall I go on? If Hot Toys hasn't had any issues with rubber figures, why didn't they go the all rubber route for Avatar?

So because Keaton Batman hasn't leaked yet that means they have fixed the problem? Most of these figures didn't have issues out of the box. Why would I pay $300-$400 for a figure that will most likely start rotting before my eyes in 2-3 years? BASED ON THEIR TRACK RECORD.

I agree. Keaton bats just came out a few months ago. How can anyone tell if it's better rubber or not when most of the issues popped up after a couple years?

I don't own any rubber figures or rubber suited figures but I'll take the advice that's been given here to heart. I want this figure as bad as anyone else on this board but if it's not right, it's not right.

My batman DX02 starting leaking straight out of the box, and yes I bought it on release. SOB. nevermind though people over exagerate that issue a little. I dabbed it a few times a month and then it just stopped one day. I don't appear to have any further issues. In terms of rubber issues, I always wonder if the people posting these problems live in the tropics and things? I keep my figures in a fairly cool room in the UK and have never experienced any substantial rubber problems. That being said, I can't say I like rubber bodies at all. Hulk would have sucked if he had of been all rubber.

Hulk HAS elbow articulation hmm spells R.U.B.B.E.R. :horror

HowChanInt.png

-interview of Howard Chan @ AniCom2012

Figured as much.

Has there been any problems with Dutch? Or Hell Boy? I dont recall any, but maybe there has been...

Hulk HAS elbow articulation hmm spells R.U.B.B.E.R. :horror

HowChanInt.png

-interview of Howard Chan @ AniCom2012

Excerpt from the HK Figure Club interview with Howard Chan....

-Black Widow will have a new body and hair are sculpted.

We all know how that turned out...It may or it may not have bendy elbows, we need to wait and see!!

My Hellboy smells awful... Color isn't red... Feels like it's gonna crack up anytime now...

Yeah, anyone that wants the Hulk to be full rubber clearly has never had a rubber HT figure :lol

^ I know but I couldn't help myself from ordering the DX09... :slap

Only problem I have had so far was with my Abe. He has that painted rubber sleeve and I have some cracking on it. As far as HB goes, mine shows no signs of cracking but he is really dull. My Leonidas is holding up ok too.

I also keep them in museum poses so there isn't much tension on the rubber.

Excerpt from the HK Figure Club interview with Howard Chan....

We all know how that turned out...It may or it may not have bendy elbows, we need to wait and see!!

That could have been a licensor choice completely out of Howards control. Howard probably just spoke too soon on that one.

It also could have been a translation error.

And the reason for rubber arms on this could be based on possible low sales on Jake Sully. They did a full exposed joint creature that is over sized that appears to not have sold well.

It also could have been a translation error.

And the reason for rubber arms on this could be based on possible low sales on Jake Sully. They did a full exposed joint creature that is over sized that appears to not have sold well.

Or maybe people just don't care about getting an Avatar figure haha.

I am picking this up regardless of the material used. I would prefer it to have no rubber. The reason being is because I'm thinking long term. Rubber eventually will break down and start to deteriorate.

My Hellboy also has split rubber, but at least its hidden by his jacket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back