Toys Battalion "Gold Magus" *coughAdamWarlockcough*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CupcakeMcGraw

Super Freak
Reaction score
I mean... it's something. Headsculpt isn't great, but I don't see Hot Toys jumping to announce more of this line.

142148u8ckjclk5aecllhh-528x668.jpg

142333w22k2q2urkn7bqre-528x668.jpg

142341f9ut9z9e42cemn3n-528x668.jpg

333.jpg

Features:

Head and body accessories:
★ Highly detailed head sculpt x 1 Piece
★ 1/6 scale action figure body (Approximately 31cm tall) x 1 Piece
★ Hands x 8 Pieces

Costume & accessories:
★ Body suit x 1 Piece
★ Cape x 1 Piece
★ Boots x 1 Pair
★ Body Armor x 1 Set
★ Gauntlet x 1 Pair
★ Effect part x 1 Pair
★ Figure Stand x 1 Piece

Not great but I ordered it. I was not a fan of the portrayal in the movie but always liked the character. It's the only option so why not.

Wow that looks awful.
Maybe so but it seems fairly accurate to the MCU suit. I think the lack of all-over sheen is actually an improvement from the on-screen look. Not the greatest Will Poulter likeness but I'm not sure that's such a bad thing lol. I may pick this up when it's released. If so it'll be the first GoTG3 figure I purchase. Not something I expected to type when the year started.

Screenshot 2023-10-09 at 12-44-45 The weakest link in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3' ironica...png

That's so bad.... It looks like a flea market toy..

I think you meant this comment for the Eternal Toys' Gentleman Of Crime (Penguin) thread. :lol

Maybe so but it seems fairly accurate to the MCU suit. I think the lack of all-over sheen is actually an improvement from the on-screen look. Not the greatest Will Poulter likeness but I'm not sure that's such a bad thing lol. I may pick this up when it's released. If so it'll be the first GoTG3 figure I purchase. Not something I expected to type when the year started.

View attachment 668248

I think you meant this comment for the Eternal Toys' Gentleman Of Crime (Penguin) thread. :lol
The headsculpt is dog ****.

These are the guys who made that Shazam figure.

That should be a significant warning to anyone electing to order this.
Definitely not ordering it, but if it actually looks decent when released (i,e., not a significant downgrade from the prototype or severely undersized) I'll consider picking it up. But you're right, they've had many more misses than hits among their releases, and even their "hits" are at best passable stand-ins for characters HT & others have skipped.

Looks pretty good to me, as in accurate to the movie and the sculpt looks like Will. Not really a fan of the movie design for Magus though and would have preferred the one from the game.

Thanks for the link.

The headsculpt looks much better in this video than in the pictures above. I always liked Adam Warlock in the comics when I was a kid, but I did not order bk I am uncertain about Toys Battalion.

That turned out really well. Looks like a HT figure.
Yep I’ve had to eat my words. I made a comment back when it was announced… in fairness it looked cheap and way off HS-wise… but man, did they pull this out of the hat. I continue to be very impressed with this company.

does anyone have any pictures of this with another hot toys figure? it looks really good and would add a bit of jazz to my guardians shelf but i wonder if it scales ok?

does anyone have any pictures of this with another hot toys figure? it looks really good and would add a bit of jazz to my guardians shelf but i wonder if it scales ok?
Mine has shipped. If no one post pictures sooner, I'll take a picture of him once he is on my guardians shelf.

Back