Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Motu, I agree with you. My thinking was just that since the new design/material was superior to the original 2, he would stick with that until something better came along. ARC reactor core Mk III is from the Mk VI suit on. Why go back to an inferior design when you can create your own superior one? Now I admit I don't know the comic book history of Iron Man, so I don't know for sure, but was Tony creating a form of Vibranium for the core or, "charging" an existing form of Vibranium? Because according to Howard Stark in First Avenger, Cap's shield was made from it and that's all there was. Now we know that there is/can be more from Wakanda, but that info wasn't known in IM2. As far as the shape, maybe that's the only way Tony could get it to work properly, hence the reason all subsequent cores are triangular in an assortment of various shaped units. I don't really know, I'm just speculating.
Ryan

I don't think they all need to be triangle. Part of the original question was about the shape of the hole in the suit where the RT is....which has no real purpose but looks. And if the updated arc is or was super rare and only in stark then the ones in the other 46 suits would be something else.

All of the HPP suits where not on some back up power. They flew from SoCal to south Florida. They fought. Using repulsors. Ect. That's 35ish suits each with at least one arc.

I thought you were talking about the core design specifically. Seeing as he's not upgraded it (on screen at least) you'd think that it would still be a triangle. Not saying that it has to be, of course it doesn't. But it would make sense.

I thought you were talking about the core design specifically. Seeing as he's not upgraded it (on screen at least) you'd think that it would still be a triangle. Not saying that it has to be, of course it doesn't. But it would make sense.

Sorry, wasn't trying to be confusing. Lol I was answering someone elses question. Or trying. Obviously not well. Lol

It makes sense that his own arc would be the triangle. But not that all the suits would have it. It's supposed to super rare. And there's no reason to trash all the other cores he had made. And no need to use that rare material to power a construction suit like striker. All I was saying is that given each suit had its own arc there's no reason to expect they would all have the uber rare fourth gen arc that stark built for himself when they work fine with the other generations. And the only reason he needed a change was it was poisoning his blood, another issue he doesn't need to worry about with the suit arc.,

I suppose I'll clarify. To reduce confusion, I'll refer to his arc reactor as the core, and not the chest window.

So without delay, he had a triangular core by the end of IM2. Now it is possible he still had a triangular core for himself while the mark 7 had it's own circular core. The fact that the mark 7 had it's own power source to fly after the falling Tony would back this hypothesis. But why would the mark 7 have a circular core? (A design that is not as powerful as his triangle core) Considering the mark 7 was the most advanced suit up til that point and was designed for heavy combat, it makes no sense to have a circular inferior core. (Maybe he supplemented the suits circular core with his chests triangular core? That is the only explanation I could come up with)

In addition, assuming the mark 7 had it's own circular core power source. After the events of IM3 he no longer has his own triangular core in his chest. So why would he throw away his triangular core only to make another one to power mark 43?

In short, I feel the mark 7 figure should have had the triangular core to be consistent since he had a triangular core from the end of IM2 through Avengers and then getting it removed in IM3.

Any thoughts?

Two key words...he and it. For some reason your linking. He has the triangle in his chest. All the way thru im3. So durning all of the time the mk7 is around. So that suit had a different core.

If the old arc was strong enough to power the mk1-6 and iron monger there's no reason to spend the extra time and rare resources to build a new arc to use on an untested and unfinished suit. The mk7 was untested. Still a prototype in avengers. All of the HPP suits where busy work and mostly designed to function without stark. So again, no need to build a new arc using limited resources when the standard ones are sufficient.

The entire point of the triangle arc was to save Starks life. He wasn't building it Becuase the suits where under powered. He flew at Mach speed and blew up plenty with the older design.

The mk7 was advanced but was also a prototype. And as far as we knew the only known material the new core was made out of was inside stark, not the suit.

And even if that's not the case..if he wanted to synth more of those cores there's nothing that says he couldn't do it in a circle. If he can make a triangle he can make a circle.

Don't forget Rhodey 'stole' the Mark 2 in IM2 without an arc reactor in his chest. He even took it out of the suit and put it in his pocket to hide it from Hammer. Safe to say that only the Mark 1 was powered by the chest arc and all other suits had their own power source.

Hey Dave. I think you got the order messed up. The mk2 had the arc in it when rhodey took it. He pulled the arc after when hammer came to weaponize it, and then he just put it back in(putting it back in was off screen).

Maybe. But then his whole post confused me. Just because rhodey didn't have an implanted arc doesn't mean the mk2 wasn't powered by the chest arc. It was just powered by the one in its chest.

Like someone else pointed out, why was he able to use the suit at all? When it was made (Mk II) it was powered by Tony's chest arc and not an arc of it's own. Same with the III and IV. The suit-up sequence shows the suit going over Tony's arc and the II and III have no arc of their own. (from Iron Man) So at some point between the first 2 films he had to retrofit some of the suits with their own arcs. Otherwise Rhodey couldn't have flown off with the suit because it had no power source. I believe this is one of those off camera plot holes that never gets explained unless they do a comic of the movie. There was a comic of Iron Man 3 that explained the War Machine Mk II suit prior to Iron Patriot. He built it for Rhodey and took back the Mk II to put in the Hall of Armor. I guess we're just left to speculate on what transpired.
Ryan

We don't see him add the arc but it obviously has it. After he lands at the base you can see him (rhodey) pull the arc and he says something about it not being a science project.

Just because we only see it suit up one way in iron man1 doesn't mean that's the only "mode" it has. It's possible the suit senses when it's on start and when it's not.

The fact it's even there assembled and not hanging on some rack shows that the suit up sequence was just part of the story. Because when it came apart and off stark it didn't look like it would just suddenly snap together and be a statue. They can't show everything. Lol

Sorry, wasn't trying to be confusing. Lol I was answering someone elses question. Or trying. Obviously not well. Lol

It makes sense that his own arc would be the triangle. But not that all the suits would have it. It's supposed to super rare. And there's no reason to trash all the other cores he had made. And no need to use that rare material to power a construction suit like striker. All I was saying is that given each suit had its own arc there's no reason to expect they would all have the uber rare fourth gen arc that stark built for himself when they work fine with the other generations. And the only reason he needed a change was it was poisoning his blood, another issue he doesn't need to worry about with the suit arc.,

Haha, these kind of discussions are seemingly destined to get confusing. Good points well made!

This is the most confusing thing I've ever read lol.

I think the shape of the chest cut-out is purely design choice. I think with the Mark VI, he simply designed a triangle chest window to mirror his new triangle shaped core. But even the core is "housed". And that housing could be whatever shape he wants it to be I assume. The core could very well be a triangle with the housing in the shape of the star with an oval chest-armor cut-out window.

Put simply, I see 3 working parts in this scenario:

1) the core
2) the housing for the core
3) the shape of the chest-armor window

All of which I would assume could be in any shape he decided. It's not like changing the core from a circle to a triangle or vice-versa would chemically alter the element within it.

Some other thoughts:

• In IM1, Stane steals Tony's arc reactor, and Tony had to make do with an inferior arc reactor to power the Mk III. I would think that since then (IM2 onwards) Tony would install an arc reactor for each suit to guard against such scenario wouldn't he? That seems to be the prudent choice to make
  • Wasnt' the thing we see in the window of each suit's chest plate not an arc reactor? I was assuming they were supposed to be RTs (like the ones in his palms and feet). This allows him to fire out chest beams.
  • I read somewhere the change back to a circular RT for the Mk VII was a deliberate choice by Joss since he wasn't a fan of the triangular chest piece

Like someone else pointed out, why was he able to use the suit at all? When it was made (Mk II) it was powered by Tony's chest arc and not an arc of it's own. Same with the III and IV. The suit-up sequence shows the suit going over Tony's arc and the II and III have no arc of their own. (from Iron Man) So at some point between the first 2 films he had to retrofit some of the suits with their own arcs. Otherwise Rhodey couldn't have flown off with the suit because it had no power source. I believe this is one of those off camera plot holes that never gets explained unless they do a comic of the movie. There was a comic of Iron Man 3 that explained the War Machine Mk II suit prior to Iron Patriot. He built it for Rhodey and took back the Mk II to put in the Hall of Armor. I guess we're just left to speculate on what transpired.
Ryan

What everyone is forgetting about IM II is that Tony was dying. he thought he was done for up until his conversation with Fury and creating the new element. Up until that point he was preparing for the end. He gave his company to Pepper and retrofitted an arc into the Mark II for Rhodey (most likely because he would not live long enough to develop a proper suit for him). Despite the drunken fight, it was always his intention to let Rhodey take the Mark II. Fury even calls him out on how it was "stolen".

When Rhodey entered the armory room he put in a code or announced his name to get inside. So that had to be set up by tony. And how did he know how to put the suit on. It all had to be arranged by tony, so its not unreasonable to assume he had modified the Mark 2 to fit Rhodey at some point

Last edited:
I did mention all that in post 15141. He did intend for Rhodey to take the Mk II because he unlimited access to the mansion. J.A.R.V.I.S. didn't stop him because he wasn't supposed to. My point was just about the suit being retrofit with an arc off screen.
Ryan

Finally got this. Should have it next week. But I'm gonna have to sell my diecast mk 3 now haha!
Can't wait to finally have the mk 7!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back