Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did this too. It looks a whole lot better with the tape!

I just used the sanding technique... surely looks better than stock. But I'm now thinking it would be good to use something transparent with a blue tint.. I notice his eyes tend to glow bluer than his other lights in the films...

Love the repulsor hands and wrist guards. Wonder why it took so long to get these. It's an iconic pose. Can't wait for the day when we don't have to swap out hands. Make the light up wrist ball joint moveable and we'll be all set. Then make the wrist guards like the Mark V but much better. Maybe a mini ratchet...I don't know, I'm just spitballing here. Something that's poseable but not floppy. Point is, as great as the Mark VII is, a couple small improvements/design tweaks could make it the ultimate IM armor. That, or incorporate them into all the upcoming armors.

Just wanted to say I bought the exclusive version and I'm very happy. This is the best Iron Man that Hot Toys has put out and I'm looking forward to the Battle Damaged version hopefully next month.

May someone inform me about the rubber elbow? It looks like Mark III's elbow or better?

And what if we don't have the New Goblin figure? What's the second best stand?

I made the stands below from MDF.
Took about ten minutes apiece, in the style of the Goblin stand.

IMG_5341.jpg

IMG_4986.jpg

IMG_4987.jpg

IMG_4989.jpg

Or this one, made in resin:

IMG_5231.jpg

IMG_5232.jpg

IMG_5233.jpg

IMG_5237.jpg

And what if we don't have the New Goblin figure? What's the second best stand?

LOL we could be here all day if you're waiting for me to name a figure you do have :lol

Besides I dont have the New Goblin figure either, just picked up the base off of ebay

Mark 7 arrived! Absolutely love it. Detail is superb. Loving the proportions and the swappable parts. Couple criticisms / comments so far - tony head isn't perfect likeness. It's tony stark, but maybe not Robert Downey junior.

Thoughts on the eyes / faceplate. I don't have as much of a problem as I thought I would in the metal. Sure, I'd like the eyes smaller and more evenly lighting up (spread of light is focussed in the middle of the head, sides of the eyes don't really light up much from a front view.) and the mouth gap is slightly too big. But over all a minor quibble, still looks superb overall.

I made the stands below from MDF.
Took about ten minutes apiece, in the style of the Goblin stand.
IMG_5341.jpg
Wish Hot Toys would incorporate this as a feature to their clear rod stands. You would think they would have made a flight stand themselves with the way they treat the Iron Man line.

Last edited:
I really wish I wasn't so paranoid about batteries leaking that I could just keep them all in my iron man.

Back