Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree, thinking about get another glasses, this was just a test..I'll never let my T800 whitout glasses.

But if we find a good one for Tony, and a nice suit

Then we have that

tumblr_l1iotoYo541qbn8c7.jpg

That looks nothing like RDJ! I see Joe Biden in there.

I am sure some of the crazies are actually thinking that looking at the picture.

I'm having the hardest time finding the right size screws to take out the batteries. I bought a brand new precision screwdriver set just for Iron Man and still could not get the arm and head screws out. What size screwdriver do you guys use?

I've got a question for everyone. My local comic shop finally got a couple Mark VII Iron Man figures in,but they are wanting $390 for the figure. I know it's a great figure but is that heavily over charging or about average asking price now? I got on the Sideshow wait list back in mid-June. Should I just bite the bullet and by the Mark VII at the increased price or wait to see if the wait list transfers over? I'd really love some feedback.

Here's one for about $30 less on eBay for BIN.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FAST-PRIOR...2481?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item3f283e51e1

Keep checking the b/s/t section of this forum. You'll be surprised on how many great boardies sell things at reasonable prices. :lecture

So this is pretty much a goner for retail now correct? What is it going for regularly on the secondary market? Just curious, I wasn't planning on getting this one.

So this is pretty much a goner for retail now correct? What is it going for regularly on the secondary market? Just curious, I wasn't planning on getting this one.

I'd say yes. As for the secondary market.... $300 plus easily. Probably be over $400 plus in another month or so.

Dang....maybe I shoulda got one. :)

Did they not make that many of these or something? I haven't paid that close attention since it was never really on my radar.

I do recall there was the limited edition one with the Chatauri base, but I didn't realize this standard one was so sought after.

Awesome! Well I'm not paying $400 for one, I can tell you that. ;)

And I just bought the Mk II AU and the Mk V in the last month. So no more IM figures for me for awhile.

At least until the Mk 42 PPS comes out. ;)

Dang....maybe I shoulda got one. :)

Did they not make that many of these or something? I haven't paid that close attention since it was never really on my radar.

I do recall there was the limited edition one with the Chatauri base, but I didn't realize this standard one was so sought after.

Last spring/summer someone on here who was a dealer said that HT was not going to be making a lot of the Avengers figures and supplies would limited.

No idea if that was true or not but most (sorry Thor) figures seem like they sold out pretty quick even Coulson.

Did anyone have experience with the Canadian store CMDstore? I pre-ordered the VII back in May because they had it still in stock. Last week I messaged them because of a change in the order status and they told me they would dispatch it within two days. That was a week ago. They charged me already, so I am curious...

This will be my first Hot Toys Iron Man figure, so I am kinda excited to get him finally.

Just ordered Mk 7. Damn, I told myself few months ago, that i dont really like and need this one :)
I have IM2 Mk 6 and 5 for now. Mk 2 AU is just on its way from BBTS, Mk. 42, IM3 Tony and Heartbreaker on pre-order =\
Maaan... it all started from Mk 7 two(three?) years ago.

I've got a question for everyone. My local comic shop finally got a couple Mark VII Iron Man figures in,but they are wanting $390 for the figure. I know it's a great figure but is that heavily over charging or about average asking price now? I got on the Sideshow wait list back in mid-June. Should I just bite the bullet and by the Mark VII at the increased price or wait to see if the wait list transfers over? I'd really love some feedback.

A local shop, whom I've decided never to give them anymore $$$, has the same approach. They gave me 3 days to pick up my pre-ordered Mark VII, or else I couldn't have it!? What if I had been on vacation or something?
I know they just wanted to raise the price on it instead of selling it to me for the 249.00 retail - but they had to honor my pre-order price.

They had the Selina Kyle Catwoman for $320 on the first day they received it - and you know they paid the Sideshow distribution price based on a $200 retail. Some Hot Toys retailers really gouge their customers and in my personal opinion proves to be tipping point as to if I will shop there or not again..

This is exactly how I feel, but I came to my realization too late. I waited until this past month to decide I wanted one, and had to pay a higher price. But I think it's worth it!

I agree that despite being similar, the two suits have enough differences to set them apart and warrant owning both if you can get them.

I count myself lucky that I didn't like the gummy Mark VII exclusive. This time around, however, the exclusive on Mark XXXIII - the BD Mark XLII helmet, I consider it a worthy exclusive and it compels me to act much faster to PO it. And I have no interest in Mark XLII at all by itself.

Back