Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, what examples of how well Hot Toys figures hold up, Aliens - Rotting, paint peeling and joints that don't hold or just plain break. Batmans, rubber degrading (leaking oil) parts not glued on correctly, and broken ankles. Ironmans, pink panties, air flaps that want close, and flare pods that want stay in. Captain America, shields that have scratches and that the paint is flaking off of. Figures with rooted hair, hours of work to get them to look like Hot Toys versions, or just letting it stay as is. PERS, one eye one way, the other who knows. And finally figures that for whatever reason just break, poor material, poor assembly, or just bad design.

Now don’t get me wrong, I like and collect Hot Toys, but for what we pay now we already put up with enough. As the prices keep climbing we should see less defects, but over the years nothing has changed. So everyone that thinks Die-cast especially with the Ironmans, means there aren’t going to be any more QC issues, I’m sorry; I think they’ll only be more.

I know this is dumb but damn it's Iron Man. That mofo should be made out metal.

And the Tumble and Bat-pod are metal and also have engines, do you expect that too?

Endoskeletons are metal, so if I cut the plastic off my DX10 is there going to be a metal Endo under there?

Metal is expensive, it’s heavy and believe it or not; fragile. I’d much rather have something I have a shot at fixing with some glue or sculpty than something that will require welding (which it is very hard if not impossible to weld die-cast material), not to mention shipping cost and if a part gets damaged beyond repair how much do you thing that parts going to cost on the secondary market?

I’ll say it over and over, Die-cast is just a gimmick to sell re-releases of old MK’s and it’s a bad one at that.

Look I know someone's going to ***** about this being off topic but what ever. This thread is hundreds of pages long. I think it's okay to get a bit off topic here and there.

Metal also doesn't allow for the same crispness of detail as a lot of plastics do. Diecast stuff ends up looking more like soft vinyl than styrene. To compare protos, the Mark 47 and Mark V are kinda similar in a lot of ways but I think the Mark V has much much sharper details.

Particularly look at the small mechanical details and how soft the edges are on the Mark 47.

Untitled-1.png

The Mark V looks nowhere near as good at that proto picture. I only wish the sliver looked that chrome in hand but it doesn't.

I like the design of the Mark 47. I'd buy it for the same exact price the diecast one is selling for if it wasn't diecast. I have just never had any good experiences with diecast. It's much like rubber bodied figures which I also will not buy.

And the Tumble and Bat-pod are metal and also have engines, do you expect that too?

Endoskeletons are metal, so if I cut the plastic off my DX10 is there going to be a metal Endo under there?

Metal is expensive, it’s heavy and believe it or not; fragile. I’d much rather have something I have a shot at fixing with some glue or sculpty than something that will require welding (which it is very hard if not impossible to weld die-cast material), not to mention shipping cost and if a part gets damaged beyond repair how much do you thing that parts going to cost on the secondary market?

I’ll say it over and over, Die-cast is just a gimmick to sell re-releases of old MK’s and it’s a bad one at that.
Damn man chill out. You sound pissy and ****. Of course I don't expect the tumbler and bat-pod to have engines. And if they did. I would buy them too! And sell the ones I got.

The Mark V looks nowhere near as good at that proto picture. I only wish the sliver looked that chrome in hand but it doesn't.

Those are both proto pictures though which is why I chose them. There are no production photos of the Mark 47. I wanted to compare apples to apples. That said though the details are just as sharp on the finished product.

Off topic a bit.....

Mark V would be perfect if they use the same chrome finish like Mark II AU.

Detailing on die-cast won't look as nice as plastic. Mark V would be horrible if HT make him die-cast. That's for sure.

Those are both proto pictures though which is why I chose them. There are no production photos of the Mark 47. I wanted to compare apples to apples. That said though the details are just as sharp on the finished product.

I dont want to sound like a **** but it's the mk42.
X in roman numerals=10, L=50, so when X is placed in front of the L that means you're subtracting 10 from 50.
So XL is 42 just like when u put I in front of X that makes 9 because IX=10-1.

Anyway i just hope these new diecast aren't too bad cuz it's the only way i can get the mk's i missed.

Look I know someone's going to ***** about this being off topic but what ever. This thread is hundreds of pages long. I think it's okay to get a bit off topic here and there.

Metal also doesn't allow for the same crispness of detail as a lot of plastics do. Diecast stuff ends up looking more like soft vinyl than styrene. To compare protos, the Mark 47 and Mark V are kinda similar in a lot of ways but I think the Mark V has much much sharper details.

Particularly look at the small mechanical details and how soft the edges are on the Mark 47.

Untitled-1.png

:exactly: Considering this, to have the smaller and more intricate parts made of plastic would make more sense.

I dont want to sound like a **** but it's the mk42.
X in roman numerals=10, L=50, so when X is placed in front of the L that means you're subtracting 10 from 50.
So XL is 42 just like when u put I in front of X that makes 9 because IX=10-1.

Wait...shouldn't XL be 40? :lol

:exactly: Considering this, to have the smaller and more intricate parts made of plastic would make more sense.

Hell, the so called "Die Cast" figures are already more plastic than they are die cast anyway, so what's a few more pieces made of plastic? :lol :dunno

I wasn't even looking at the roman numerals. I was just going from memory of what number it was supposed to be and I had been awake for over two days straight at the time of that posting so I was a little out of it.

Back