Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With all these diecast figs coming out soon, the plastic Mark VII already seems obsolete.

I don't feel it is obsolete, its not like this figure is not accurate or the sculpt is bad or even not proportioned well, it is a great figure to be add to our collection just my opinion

This seems to be the last plastic IM. :monkey2 *pauses for a moment of silence*

Well the Mark 4 and 6 were the best in my opinion as the had the best possibility out of all the Iron Man Armors. Even the Mark 7 looks to be very limited in terms of possibility and the mark 3 ,2 and 5 had the least.

This new Iron Patriot is totally lacking in any waist movement.

It seems that my HT iron man collection ends with this one. They've announce die-cast iron patriot, mark 42 and iron whiplash in just 1 day. Too much for me.

It’s sad I think I will have to agree with you, Die Cast will be way too expensive for me. Sadder thing is it'll probably be the same for a lot of HT Ironman collectors and then there will go the line.

a) i will not buy the mark vii.
b) top shelf is full.
c) i have all the iron mans i will ever need. no need to add more.
d) i have ninja-like discipline when it comes to doll buying.

Which one of the four statements is true?

Answer:
kajo+hot+toys+iron+men.jpg

If you wanted to break up the color I would have went , MKI, MKII, MKIII, War Machine, MKVI, MKV, and then MKVI.

I'm willing to wait and see. Sure, they'll be more expensive than the plastic ones. The question is, by how much?

Metal will cost more to import, it will cost more to cast, and it will take longer to assembly and fasten/bolt together; whatever. It will weigh more probably take more time to paint and be harder as well, and shipping; shipping will cost a fortune.

I'm not so worried about cost myself - I'm not an Iron Man completest, although I did want a Mark 42. I'm more concerned about the paint job over time. These Captain America shield issues make me nervous with paint over die cast. I'd hope the'd make it more resilient, but I'd hate to pay the extra $ only to have a blank figure in a couple years.

I'm not so worried about cost myself - I'm not an Iron Man completest, although I did want a Mark 42. I'm more concerned about the paint job over time. These Captain America shield issues make me nervous with paint over die cast. I'd hope the'd make it more resilient, but I'd hate to pay the extra $ only to have a blank figure in a couple years.

The Hot Toys Captain America sheilds are made of plastic.

The Hot Toys Captain America sheilds are made of plastic.

Doesn't mean it'll stop the paint issue. The issue is the red paint itself that they use. Take the paint issue on the Iron Man undies. They're red rubber undies with a sliver coat over and a another red paint cover over that yet it fades over time for god knows what reason.

I see there being some rust or paint issue down the line.

Die casting has known to have paint chipping issues as well. A smart person would wait and see on these die casts to see if they hold up at all.

If the Mk.VII is the last plastic-only MMS, that'll be the end of my Ironman collection from Hot Toys.

I'll admit that when I took out the Avengers Mk.VI from the box the first time (my first Hot Toys Ironman), I was a little disappointed at the weight. However, considering the projected pricepoint of the die-cast Ironman MMS', I can't justify that kind of investment into the hobby.

We should talk about the die cast figures in more threads. I think I'm going to go post about it in the Amazing Spider-Man thread.

Back