Hot Toys - MMS175 - The Avengers: 1/6th Scale Thor Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is hardly a fair and accurate comparison, but it gives us an idea. The proportions aren't that inaccurate really.

thorcomparison.jpg

I made it a touch shorter as Hemsworth is stepping forward in the photo.

Nicely done! Thats a great comparison, wow it is very close. The only thing is obviously the face could be a little better and the hair a little variation in color. Cool though thanks for posting that, you should do all of them lol

I went ahead and pre-ordered from SS. Even though it is pretty similar to the first Thor, there are enough differences. And, I always display first-movie Thor with his helmet (partly because his helmet is cool and partly because the hair is sort of blah) but I REALLY like the hair on this guy. Plus the overall vibe of the outfit is nice.

I'm not too concerned about the HS. I think it looks great as-is, and I imagine they'll continue to tweak and improve.

I already said it.

Headsculpt needs to be resculpted, and needs to be bigger. That's it.

Why you guys take forever to realize!!! *Rage*

A beefy Thor is a mighty Thor :lecture Plus those gauntlets make the forearms look larger than they actually are.

Last edited:
Am I the only one who finds this image eerily weird? This looks like a super giraffe neck, both thin and long. The arms are strange too and again we see no elbow bending.

8221693.jpg

TDK5: Hemsworth has a really long neck, so other than HS likeness issues aside, I don't see any else wrong with the figure. Thor FTW!

I think the shoulder muscle are too bulged/big & wide compared to the actual Hemsworth.:slap

And the cape at the shoulder edge is pointing down i/o upwards.:slap:slap
AvengerTHOR.jpg

Hope that in the end (of 2012) this figure will look like a DAMN THOR FROM THE MOVIE so I can buy it.

:lecture :exactly:

This is utter nonsense, this guy is listed as having 30 points of articulation, just like every other TT. Where do people think those articulation points are going to end up if not in the arms? :slap

In his hammer.

And by hammer, I mean _____.

This is hardly a fair and accurate comparison, but it gives us an idea. The proportions aren't that inaccurate really.

thorcomparison.jpg

I made it a touch shorter as Hemsworth is stepping forward in the photo.

This really shows how far off the HS is - forehead far too high, which leaves the rest of his features squeezed together, brows too sharp, the point of his jaw is too low and his chin is too rounded. :gah: For all that people try to defend it, this is a really bad likeness.

And now we can see that the colours on the tunic are off too...

I'm normally easy to please with liknesses, but I honestly can't see any of Hemsworth in any of the pics. Its buy far their worst headsculpt in the last few years. I see more Ford in their Indy than I see Chris in this.

Think they just rushed this. They need to slow down with licenses and work on the actual figures more. How can they think this sculpt looks like Hemsworth?

Think they just rushed this. They need to slow down with licenses and work on the actual figures more. How can they think this sculpt looks like Hemsworth?

... or get an earlier start on them if they are intent on having figures to release concurrently with the movie. I always assumed merchandisers got earlier access to production stills and art, it was the v1 Ledger Joker that disabused me of that.

They've tried going early before with production stuff from TDK... that's how we got that awful first Joker.

Last edited:
Back