Hot Toys - MMS174 - The Avengers: 1/6th scale Captain America Offical Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I see HT is still using the cheap, crappy, plastic clips. I broke 2 of the 3 trying to snap his hood piece into the neck area. Other than that though, great figure, glad I decided not to pass on him. Wish he would've come with the more neutral headsculpt that the rescue version came with though.

I posted pics of mine with that head just few days back.

I had the same feeling. I do Stop-motion with my figures and have big plans for my CA so I went to work on the suit to give it a greater range for posing. Here's my solution. Use a little warm water on the shoulders, arm pits, and on the crotch. Then slowing raise the arms up over his head .Then make him do a high side kick. Leave him in that position over night. What you are trying to do is let the material stretch a bit to allow for great movement. This will not damage or fade the suit. See pic below. I hope that helps.

AFM

Very impressive! Did you pour warm water over him did you use a spray bottle?

And I love the Avengers behind him there! I love Ms. Marvel!

Why does Widow have plastic over her face?
:horror

To keep her hair nice, neat, and flat.

Speaking of which, is that a custom head?

Orignal HT BW head with new hair (wig)

Awesome pics.
Could you show more of US agent?

Here's a link to my customs.
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110724&page=6

Great poses! I'm too afraid to tinker with mine like that. :clap

Don't be. It the easiest mod I've ever done.

Very impressive! Did you pour warm water over him did you use a spray bottle?

And I love the Avengers behind him there! I love Ms. Marvel!

Thanks bro. I put him under a warm or hot bathroom faucet, but not the whole body just the parts I wanted to stretch out. (shoulders/arm pits/ crotch) It was so easy.

Last edited:
heres one at Amazon

[ame="https://www.amazon.com/Hot-Toys-Avengers-Masterpiece-Captain/dp/B007WAXI5A/ref=sr_1_116?ie=UTF8&qid=1366523688&sr=8-116&keywords=Hot+Toys"]https://www.amazon.com/Hot-Toys-Avengers-Masterpiece-Captain/dp/B007WAXI5A/ref=sr_1_116?ie=UTF8&qid=1366523688&sr=8-116&keywords=Hot+Toys[/ame]

I had the same feeling. I do Stop-motion with my figures and have big plans for my CA so I went to work on the suit to give it a greater range for posing. Here's my solution. Use a little warm water on the shoulders, arm pits, and on the crotch. Then slowing raise the arms up over his head .Then make him do a high side kick. Leave him in that position over night. What you are trying to do is let the material stretch a bit to allow for great movement. This will not damage or fade the suit. See pic below. I hope that helps.

AFM

Do I need to take Cap out of his duds for this water thing, or can I leave his costume on?

I don't know but I get the feeling that based on the new movies coming out all the new costumes from the trailers and clips are going to exceed what ever what presented in the avengers.

Already the Thor 2 looks better then Avengers Thor and the Cap 2 looks very nice I suppose we might get a new Nick Fury and Black Widow .

Do I need to take Cap out of his duds for this water thing, or can I leave his costume on?

Leave him in the costume. Apply warm or hot water to the area you want to stretch, Pose and leave him that way till the costume dries. Have fun doing great poses. Super Easy.

AFM

Monkey Depot had one for $215 as of this morning. Keep in mind something though, I ordered one and it looks like they take their pieces out of the brown shipper and store them somewhere. My package was scuffed, and it wasnt in the plastic bag when I took it out. Shipper was also obviously resealed (oh and, they dont double box btw. They slap a label on the shipper like SS.

Can some one tell me...can the masked headsculpt of Capt be transferred onto version 1 body?
I'm guessing it can but would like to be sure before I buy it.
Thanks.

Back