Hot Toys - MMS174 - The Avengers: 1/6th scale Captain America Offical Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I far prefer TFA helmeted sculpt than the avengers mask.
Are you going to leave it as is? Or paint the neck a different colour?

I'm just removing TFA head and replacing with Evans avengers head sculpt...make a nice change....didn't like new out fit....the winter soldier one is going to be :thud:

For those who have the Avengers Captain America I have a question.
Did you do anything to your shields this time around to prevent them from peeling or cracking?
Did you clear coat them?
Any info would be great.

Did you do anything to your shields this time around to prevent them from peeling or cracking?
Did you clear coat them?
Any info would be great.

I haven't taken the shiny shield from the box yet.
But. Breaking news is that my TFA shiny shield is starting to crack all over on the red parts. I don't really care(That red paint would crack *fo realz* every time Cap threw the shield and it bounced off something hard anyway).
I still have a totally mint shield on ObamaCap, so i can always swap them out.

Did you clear coat them?
Any info would be great.

I plan on using a simple coat of dullcote to bring down the shininess some.

Did you clear coat them?
Any info would be great.

I'm only displaying the BD shield and leaving the shiny one in the box. Not taking any chances.

I know this has been posted somewhere here but its been a while since I've seen exactly where it is, can anyone point me to a post/have an idea regarding how to fix the crooked chest star. I just came back from a deployment and this was waiting for me so its far to late to return it now, any help would be great:pray:

I plan on using a simple coat of dullcote to bring down the shininess some.

It comes out pretty nicely too IMO:
SAM_3178_zps3c6a9e88.jpg

Unboxed mine not too long ago and noticed that my star is kinda way off or did I crossed into the group of mad nitpickers now :p

photoapr20212952.jpg

Has anyone else had this and possibly tried to reapply the star?

Is it like one whole in the middle or like in each corner of the star kind of thing?

:borg "Resistance is Futile"

Back