Hot Toys - MMS174 - The Avengers: 1/6th scale Captain America Offical Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
55662934638467062rd38qbg.jpg

That's the one! thanks Mix Master! :clap

That shield alone is worth getting for Cap collectors like myself :yess:

There's the proof of what I'm saying, they put it with the Red Skull and Iron Man Gantry, and those have been out for a while now.

What's HT's waiting for, if they're waiting for Winter Soldier to come out, then they will be three films behind for this look.

I just hope they fix the cowl and that neck :monkey4

Last edited:
I think HT has waaayyy too much on their plate, and thus most of his stuff gets either delay or don't see releases for a long time.
But I think they feel the need of announcing stuff and showing prototypes because otherwise they will look like a boring company. If they wait for all their stuff in production to be ready, they will be announcing new stuff like every 3 months or so LOL

I think HT has waaayyy too much on their plate, and thus most of his stuff gets either delay or don't see releases for a long time.
But I think they feel the need of announcing stuff and showing prototypes because otherwise they will look like a boring company. If they wait for all their stuff in production to be ready, they will be announcing new stuff like every 3 months or so LOL

I think it comes down to economics.
It might *seem* like the best thing to do to make a *War Bonds* Cap, but if not enough people scream *I want that now!!!!* it will be put on hold.
I have run across that on other forums, and specifically ones for garage model kits.
I might have a brilliant idea for a model kit. I will ask if there's interest, and if there is, i will make the master pattern.
If no interest, i will just make one for me.
I did that with a model kit of the Daedalus from the Stargate TV show.
Showed a pic, people clamoured for it, then i made the master and the kit was available.
I guess not enough people wanted the War Bonds Cap.

HT bites off more than they can chew

The new Cap outfit will be an easy pass for me. I'm passing on the Mark 42, Thor and most likely Widow. The only way that I'll be going for Mandarin, Malekith or any other upcoming villian (or ally) is if they REALLY impress me and are must haves; but it seems doubtful that any will. It looks like I can give the wallet a slight break from this franchise.... untill Avengers 2 at least :panic:

I'd be willing to bet there are at least two costumes. One SHIELD and one Cap.

Damn that means I'll be buying two HT Cap figures next year.. maybe a BW, Falcon and Winter Soldier. Expensive film.

Don't forget Crossbones. I'm actually hoping that he will be cool enough to be a must have

I caved a week or so ago and bought Avengers Cap.
He arrived today and i have him standing next to TFA Cap, Tony and Fury.
Just waiting for BW right now...
That costume looks the business.

Looking good! Love the custom helmet. Did you lighten up the Rescue hair or is it the lighting? It doesn't look so brown there

I caved a week or so ago and bought Avengers Cap.
He arrived today and i have him standing next to TFA Cap, Tony and Fury.
Just waiting for BW right now...
That costume looks the business.

What head sculpt is that???????

The new Cap outfit will be an easy pass for me. I'm passing on the Mark 42, Thor and most likely Widow. The only way that I'll be going for Mandarin, Malekith or any other upcoming villian (or ally) is if they REALLY impress me and are must haves; but it seems doubtful that any will. It looks like I can give the wallet a slight break from this franchise.... untill at least Avengers 2:panic:

Don't forget Crossbones. I'm actually hoping that he will be cool enough to be a must have

Looking good! Love the custom helmet. Did you lighten up the Rescue hair or is it the lighting? It doesn't look so brown there

Avengers 2 will be a must for me too! :hi5:

It's the lighting. The rescue version hair looks dark in hand, but it's drybrushed with gold, which really picks up the light from above. I have two sets of strip dioder lights in each detolf, meaning two strips per shelf. See pic below

What head sculpt is that???????

It's the head from Rescue version Cap. They are about $120 each on Ebay. And i have three, lol(I'm no crazier than the guy who takes pics of BW in her underwear).
:rotfl

Last edited:
In case no one has seen them Yet.

Here are a few ON SET of Rogers wearing the SUPER SOLDIER uniform...YES!!!

Looks like this scene Natasha and Steve are parachuting into (possibly) Mother Russia. So Hence the Super Soldier attire rather than Red, White and Blue aka Walking Flag.

capsuper1_zpsdc1be36c.jpg

capsuper2_zpsd7bb8db4.jpg

capsuper_zps23848c9e.jpg

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Please don't make that the final outfit color!:gah:

How can you call him Captain America!

Glad it's been verified that that won't be his main attire for the film, having said that I'd probably still pick a figure up of it (would make a nice little Cap A variant :lol)

Posted the onset images back on Post No#4430 pg443.

As for attire, I think and does seem to be a general conclusion, this maybe his "infiltration" uniform when he goes chasing after WINTER SOLDIER/Bucky Barnes.
Looks like this maybe something SHIELD give Steve to wear and NOT attract as much attention as Cap wearing the SUPER SOLDIER attire?

So his Cap America attire will no doubt be in, what with AVENGERS 2 in the pipeline.

Back