Hot Toys - MMS174 - The Avengers: 1/6th scale Captain America Offical Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh oh :(. Thanks for the info. I guess I will take the offer from my distributed to swap it then

:borg "Resistance is Futile"

Unboxed mine not too long ago and noticed that my star is kinda way off or did I crossed into the group of mad nitpickers now :p

photoapr20212952.jpg

Has anyone else had this and possibly tried to reapply the star?

I've seen a few look crooked out of the box and in a few cases it was a matter of futzing believe it or not. Try adjusting the whole chest portion of the suit to the left and the ab portion to the right and see if you can make it all line up better. It worked on mine. But some are just sewed to off centered to be futzed

I was really hoping that Captain America's uniform from The Winter Soldier would be based on Cap's look from The Ultimates books. However , photos leaked from the set and from concept art show Cap wearing a suit based on his look from Secret Avengers. I'm ecstatic I was able to snag this movie version since it looks like his next uniform is more of a departure from the red, white, and blue.

I was really hoping that Captain America's uniform from The Winter Soldier would be based on Cap's look from The Ultimates books. However , photos leaked from the set and from concept art show Cap wearing a suit based on his look from Secret Avengers. I'm ecstatic I was able to snag this movie version since it looks like his next uniform is more of a departure from the red, white, and blue.

I would guess we get 2 costumes in cap 2 and def get red white and blue in avengers 2

I saw this figure was available from a buyer on Amazon. I've never got a hot toys figure from anywhere esxcept SS, and was wondering if anyone has any experience buying from someone on Amazon.com. As long as there's some sort of return policy and they appear to be reputable, I should be okay, right? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Have you got pics?
I am working on a Cap custom in my spare time at work with a black night ops suit.
Body is just a soldier Story right now for the WIP, but i have a Reeve Superman body on the way for this bad boy so he can stand inbetween TFA and Avengers Cap on the same shelf in my Detolf. I'm going to make a custom shield for him.
Excuse the pics. I took them on a desk at work.

I'm curious, did anyone else have a problem with the buttons that attach the hood to the costume? I've already broken 2 of the 3 that are on it just from trying to detach them:(

I'm curious, did anyone else have a problem with the buttons that attach the hood to the costume? I've already broken 2 of the 3 that are on it just from trying to detach them:(

Yeah, I've had nothing but problems with the cheap plastic snaps that Hot Toys uses. For this Cap, I got the middle one on no problem, but then broke the other 2.

Those things are rubbish.
Just remove the neck, push the hood into position without bothering about the snaps, and then reattach the neck. Pressure will hold it in position.
Although you *can* just pull it out, unless you do, it will stay there just fine.

I love having "crazy days" just went bonkers and bought Avengers Cap & Rescue Cap!

Had no idea I'd do that today when I woke up, I guess the spirit moved me :)

Should have them by the end of the week to go with "1st Avenger" Cap and "Captain Action" Cap

I shall of course furnish you all with pictures.

I love having "crazy days" just went bonkers and bought Avengers Cap & Rescue Cap!

Had no idea I'd do that today when I woke up, I guess the spirit moved me :)

Should have them by the end of the week to go with "1st Avenger" Cap and "Captain Action" Cap

I shall of course furnish you all with pictures.

the dark side has taken over

I tried to adjust the clothing but its such a tight fit the star won't budge. Had it replaced. Such a big difference!!! It must have been off by millimetres lol

:borg "Resistance is Futile"

Finally broke down and bought this on GoHastings before he was sold out and the price went up. I was holding off... but I've grown to like this suit more and more.

Back