Hot Toys - MMS174 - The Avengers: 1/6th scale Captain America Offical Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure the movie will begin with him wearing the Avengers costume on a mission. He will also have a civvie set of clothes, and then his new mission suit(s) as and when he gets sent on the final missions.
There will likely be at least two suits(With perhaps subtle but different looks from either TFA suit and Avengers vers), with the "main" one of the movie getting a HT figure, and a secondary costume(That no-one even likes), getting an SDCC(Or similar) exclusive, meaning that suddenly everyone wants it...

This i predict.
:rotfl

It's the head from Rescue version Cap. They are about $120 each on Ebay. And i have three, lol(I'm no crazier than the guy who takes pics of BW in her underwear).

Uuhhhh..... no :lol. One thing hurts your wallet but makes your collection sexier. The other thing can have the Feds at your door wanting to search you basement and closets.

Sold out at BBTS now too. Guess when it disappeared at SSC everybody freaked out and bought the stock from BBTS lol.

I never wanted this figure at all till a couple of weeks back. And i was very fortunate that the guy i buy from in the US still had one in stock. With him standing in my detolf next to TFA Cap(And soon to be joined by another couple of custom variants), i am glad i bought him when i did.
I was surprised the Chitauri gun can only be held by removing Cap's hand! That's pretty weird!

Uuhhhh..... no :lol. One thing hurts your wallet but makes your collection sexier. The other thing can have the Feds at your door wanting to search you basement and closets.

Haha. I am glad my figures are on the good side of that equation!

I got a set of Snake Eyes fatigues from a member here and decided to throw together a Spec Ops Cap.
He's wearing dress shoes right now, but i have a set of army boots on the way.
I am going to paint up a TFA helmet in black to go with it but for now i have put the rescue head on him.
I'm also going to pick up another shield and paint it black.

Just got Captain America and I have to say I'm impressed. Very detailed and love the weathered shied.

The only thing I'm not happy about is how restricting the suit is on mobility. Has anyone found a way to modify the pants to help in this department?

Just got Captain America and I have to say I'm impressed. Very detailed and love the weathered shied.

The only thing I'm not happy about is how restricting the suit is on mobility. Has anyone found a way to modify the pants to help in this department?

I had the same feeling. I do Stop-motion with my figures and have big plans for my CA so I went to work on the suit to give it a greater range for posing. Here's my solution. Use a little warm water on the shoulders, arm pits, and on the crotch. Then slowing raise the arms up over his head .Then make him do a high side kick. Leave him in that position over night. What you are trying to do is let the material stretch a bit to allow for great movement. This will not damage or fade the suit. See pic below. I hope that helps.

AFM

Last edited:
I had the same feeling. I do Stop-motion with my figures and have big plans for my CA so I went to work on the suit to give it a greater range for posing. Here's my solution. Use a little warm water on the shoulders, arm pits, and on the crotch. Then slowing raise the arms up over his head .Then make him do a high side kick. Leave him in that position over night. What you are trying to do is let the material stretch a bit to allow for great movement. This will not damage or fade the suit. See pic below. I hope that helps.

AFM

cap turned into a cheer leader?

AFM

Great poses! I'm too afraid to tinker with mine like that. :clap

So I see HT is still using the cheap, crappy, plastic clips. I broke 2 of the 3 trying to snap his hood piece into the neck area. Other than that though, great figure, glad I decided not to pass on him. Wish he would've come with the more neutral headsculpt that the rescue version came with though.

Back