Hot Toys - MMS173 - Predator 2: 1/6th scale City Hunter Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Prototype vs Final product

P2_VSP2.jpg

Mask looks better than prototype. But I'm disappointed with his green eyes and his mandibles.

Form of the head looks like second mask from Predator 2 movie (I mean Dave Smits's mask).

predator_2.jpg

link

I like the AVP films, even AVPR, which I still love to watch that every now and then as a guilty pleasure and everyone knows of my love for Wolf.;)

On the other hand, when talking about AVP, I have to put them on a level below Predator and Predator 2 (regardless of how awesome I think Wolf is). There's just no beating or bettering the 1987 and 1990's films. No future Predator film or Predator character will ever top the original films or Predator characters.

Ok I was following you until the bold part! You done got silly there! :lol

I think a phenomenal Predators2 could blow the others away if they go to their homeworld. Just imagine all the Hot Toys goodness to come from that. Female predators, baby predators, crazed Preds, Thug Preds, Crooklyn Preds. Oh joy in heaven!!!!!!:clap

Ok I was following you until the bold part! You done got silly there! :lol

I think a phenomenal Predators2 could blow the others away if they go to their homeworld. Just imagine all the Hot Toys goodness to come from that. Female predators, baby predators, crazed Preds, Thug Preds, Crooklyn Preds. Oh joy in heaven!!!!!!:clap

...No. I don't care how good another Predator movie can be, even if it's the best movie of the year. It could be better than Predators, better than Pred 2, it could be full of quality with a kickass Predator. But nothing. Nothing. Will beat the original Predator movie.

It brought us an iconic movie monster. THE iconic movie monster that any future sequel will be based off of. It isn't similar to the Burton/Nolan comparison, because the source for Batman lies in the comics. The source for Predator IS Predator. The movie. The one and only. You could be faithful to the source, but there's no mistaking classics.

An example, Terminator vs Terminator 2. Terminator 2 has clearly a bigger vision, a broader scope and has quality written all over it, but Terminator was what got the wheels churning and brought us so much awesomeness it warranted a sequel.

It's like being promised a Lt. Mike Harrigan figure and instead receiving Dutch dressed as Mike Harrigan.

More like being promised a Dutch and receiving an old and badly dressed Harrigan. :lol

58248_10151216119077344_1810482885_n.jpg

Netgun?? =D I think it looks a lot better, I thought the shoulder cannon could have been improved though.

Very impressed with this figure, so many more posing options than the Classic which I sold after only owning for a few months. Good thing is that the Predators dont seem like they sell out these days so I might well pick this guy up when there's not so much of a backlog

what a piece of ****.

:rotfl:rotfl

I do get a kick out posts like this.

Yeah one thing this is not is a piece of ****.

I am sure you well know what **** looks like and at least my **** for one doesn't come with mandables, well not usually.

Maybe yours does. There are many weird people on forums I find.

The only movies in my opinion that I really enjoyed the acting was predator 1 and AVP . Finding an ancient pyramid in the Artic is a awesome premise to begin with and makes for a very interesting story right off the batt. Predator 2 is so 80's and so cheesy . It's everything I don't miss about the 80's . It's so hairspray! But of course the predators in them are fantastic. I also liked predators better then P2 .

Back