Hot Toys - MMS173 - Predator 2: 1/6th scale City Hunter Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:rotfl

There's three types of people in here:

1. The Hot Toys can do not wrong person- even if this looked like a horse on steds it would still be perfect.

2. The Hot Toys is the only option person- those who can accept that all is not perfect but realise that in this scale and market it's the best we are getting at the moment. They either surrender and buy or bottle out.

3. The 'I want Tsang dead' person- need I say more.

True. I count myself in the second group. Is it inaccurate? Yes. Am I cool with that? Still looks cool, so yes. Is Hot Toys my only option? Well, considering what the alternatives are... yes.
Can't blame a guy for pimping a figure out to himself. I'm getting it anyway, so I might as well stand behind it. December needs to get here sooner.

:mwaha:mwaha:mwaha

And yet we go through the same thing with every single one as if it's the first time we saw it all. Tsang sucks at sculpting Predators and Aliens (well, Aliens far more than Predators). People ought to tell him why instead of leaving it at "you suck and I hope you die." Yeah, I bet he knows exactly what he needs to fix with quality advice like that.

Actually, I did send HT a lot of reference pics and ideas on how to manage articulation in their Alien figure, but got their standard "we'll send it to our production team" reply...
Also, there were entire threads dedicated to Alien, Aliens and Alien3 accuracy in this forum (which people with a direct line to HT probably visit).
And we got what?
Yup, Tsang's "artistic" interpretations.
Again, I'm not really bashing the guy's talent, lord knows the man can sculpt some awesome monsters, but he just doesn't care enough about the subject matter to go the extra mile to make them accurate. :dunno

There's three types of people in here:

1. The Hot Toys can do not wrong person- even if this looked like a horse on steds it would still be perfect.

2. The Hot Toys is the only option person- those who can accept that all is not perfect but realise that in this scale and market it's the best we are getting at the moment. They either surrender and buy or bottle out.

:lol:lol:lol :clap

Depending on my level of fandom, I'm between 2 and 3, although I don't wish Tsang's death, just that HT hire somebody else to sculpt their preds and aliens. Preferably somebody whose first name starts with K and last name starts with W.

Im a 2 also but tend not to buy unless I really love due to money.
I do have a job now but need to be careful as anything can happen (hope job stays! lol).

Im a 2 also but tend not to buy unless I really love due to money.
I do have a job now but need to be careful as anything can happen (hope job stays! lol).

Don't let buyers impulse consume you! I bought so many games I hardly play anymore. Cough cough MW3 cough cough :monkey2

^^ I hope by that you're not meaning MechWarrior 3... it's one of the best ever, but since you're young you're probably talking about that "thing" called Modern Warfare... :rolleyes2 :lol

^^ I hope by that you're not meaning MechWarrior 3... it's one of the best ever, but since you're young you're probably talking about that "thing" called Modern Warfare... :rolleyes2 :lol

:exactly: right. I lost around 10 years of my life while playing that thing.

Clearly the head sculpt is a mod of Shadow pred. HT has done this obviously to save money, I doubt Joseph had any say in the matter. This is just HT cutting corners.

Everyone likes to trash Joseph cause he screwed up that ONE TIME and thats all anyone remembers.
However: Leonidas, Ghostrider, Classic Pred, Avatar and now Hulk- he's responsible for some of HT best products :lecture

Anyone has any idea what happened to Pan Mak? He did those accurate old sculpts like P1, Wolf, and if I'm not mistaken, Elder and P2 as well. Is he not at HT anymore?

Clearly the head sculpt is a mod of Shadow pred. HT has done this obviously to save money, I doubt Joseph had any say in the matter. This is just HT cutting corners.

Everyone likes to trash Joseph cause he screwed up that ONE TIME and thats all anyone remembers.
However: Leonidas, Ghostrider, Classic Pred, Avatar and now Hulk- he's responsible for some of HT best products :lecture

One time?
If I'm not mistaken, Tsang has sculpted all of HT's preds and aliens, and we know not a single one of those figures is accurate. Maybe the Classic pred is the most accurate figure, but all others seem pretty much off, especially the aliens.
It might be HT cutting corners, not giving Tsang enough time to research and sculpt these figures, because we know these are time-intensive sculpts, but we also have seen Tsang using McF figures as reference...

Back