Hot Toys - MMS173 - Predator 2: 1/6th scale City Hunter Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been working on my lighting; the dark just suits these guys better.

DSC_0493.jpgDSC_0482.jpg

Just got my own p2, the legs on mine seem to be uneven, can’t stand up straight. I’ve noticed the shin armor is also not aligned correctly. It’s not an issue with the feet or the foot pegs themselves it’s something to do with the legs. It’s the leg with the smart disc in case that means anything.

Also,Does anyone know of TD is still making/selling his masks and cannons? Or if German beast customs on Facebook makes any p2 stuff?

Just rewatched the movie last night, it's very underrated. Sure, it's nowhere near as good as the original but at least it's trying something new and is leaps and bounds better than Predators or The Predator. I never understood the hate it got.

agreed, it's nowhere as good as the original. it's several times better.

Oh lordy, here we go! It's the argument that never ends.

(For the record, I can't choose one over the other - they've both got their unique strengths and weaknesses... But after 25-30 years, i think enjoy watching predator 2 more. There. I said it.)

The original is easily one of my all time favorite movies, I enjoy the second one too, just not nearly as much.

I wish I didn't pass on this and the Elder when I had a chance. I was thinking at the time that a new Jungle Hunter wouldn't be too far behind, still waiting.:impatient:

I could be enjoying having those two in the collection while waiting, but I thought I was being logical by waiting for the one I truly care about, lesson learned.

Oh lordy, here we go! It's the argument that never ends.
if P1 changed its first hour from some gay jungle walking into something with a plot, it could match P2. otherwise only last 15-20 minutes of the movie are actually good, all the rest is disgusting and dumb.

if P1 changed its first hour from some gay jungle walking into something with a plot, it could match P2. otherwise only last 15-20 minutes of the movie are actually good, all the rest is disgusting and dumb.

Predator2 is pedal to the metal, continuous barrage of action, and the city hunter is present for a much larger portion of the film, and we get all the "lost hunters" - the rewatch value is nearly limitless.
Predator is a good example of using mystery and tension to build up to the big reveal/confrontation. I personally think if the creature hadn't been initially introduced to the world like that, it wouldn't have been received as well as it was. But the rewatch value is not as rewarding as predator2 (except the last 20 minutes.)
I don't know what the better film is, but i know after a few decades, "more bodies and more mutilation" is my first choice as well.

well maybe if they hired a script writer for P1, it would be better. as it is, it is incredibly dull.

i don't think my opinion is actually interesting, so i erased my wide answer, hope you had time to read it :)

i don't think my opinion is actually interesting, so i erased my wide answer, hope you had time to read it :)

I read it (including all edits) and was in fact working on a somewhat at length reply only to lose it when my laptop froze - I was still planning to go back to it once I recovered from the frustration of that :lol

Worked up the courage to do a thread mod on the belt this last weekend. Let's just say I was right to put it off as long as I did. :lol

I was tempted to wrap leather cord (and still may in the future), but for now I wanted a conservative mod that looked like something Hot Toys would do. Reddish-brown nylon cord, same thickness as what the figure originally came with, used all the holes Hot Toys provided, but threaded differently so it shows on the sides of the waist.

Quite happy with the pop of color he has now.

IMG-1083-edit.jpg

IMG-1087-edit.jpg

Last edited:
Back