Hot Toys - MMS173 - Predator 2: 1/6th scale City Hunter Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To anyone on the fence about whether or not to get this figure.BUY IT NOW! I just took him out of the box and once again i love this Predator. He is standing next to my original P2 and he blows him away on all accounts. the paint applications could have more copper in it but it is miles ahead of the original making it look like a toy. I have every predator they put out guys from Elder up and im loving this guy. the dreads are perfect to me and not to long or short. the head sculpt is just catching a different moment in time from the movie,that all.

Got this figure and sold again, .
I like predator figures alot but this one could have been alot better .i don't really sell my figures that fast but this predator figure had to go .

To anyone on the fence about whether or not to get this figure.BUY IT NOW! I just took him out of the box and once again i love this Predator. He is standing next to my original P2 and he blows him away on all accounts. the paint applications could have more copper in it but it is miles ahead of the original making it look like a toy. I have every predator they put out guys from Elder up and im loving this guy. the dreads are perfect to me and not to long or short. the head sculpt is just catching a different moment in time from the movie,that all.
I caved and ordered him Monday from Sideshow; he'll arrive Friday. Worst case scenario, I sell him down the road. He's cool enough to have for now.

Hopefully future releases don't feel as rushed and half hearted.

Well that's the thing... Hot Toys had quite a number of years since the first City Hunter was released, to redevelop this new City Hunter...

Anyway, I still like the new release City Hunter and there are improvements, that have been made.

Just cancelled this and PO'd Bane. Really couldn't live with that sculpt. It's the biggest part of the character and I can't believe they screwed it up so bad. Classic will hold me off til one of HT's Preds actually blow me away, which I have a feeling will be when they show P2 Elder or Wolf. ATM even with all the inaccuracies, the Bane figure still has one thing going for it: the headsculpt.

:gah: My supplier just told me Bane's PO is full and I can't cancel a figure that's coming soon. :( Guess I'll have to do it the hard way. Through trading and stuff. At least I'll get to see this in hand first..

:gah: My supplier just told me Bane's PO is full and I can't cancel a figure that's coming soon. :( Guess I'll have to do it the hard way. Through trading and stuff. At least I'll get to see this in hand first..

After reading you cancelled yours to order bane I was like, maybe I should do that, I know I want bane and kinda bought city hunter on a whim, but I think I will likey just keep him, an wait for bane to show up at bbts which is where my po is at for him.

You can however cancel the order one way or the other, they can't stop you from returning an item you don't want. so you can just ask to speak with the supervisor or something to get that straited out.

After reading you cancelled yours to order bane I was like, maybe I should do that, I know I want bane and kinda bought city hunter on a whim, but I think I will likey just keep him, an wait for bane to show up at bbts which is where my po is at for him.

You can however cancel the order one way or the other, they can't stop you from returning an item you don't want. so you can just ask to speak with the supervisor or something to get that straited out.

Yeah, it's just that I preordered P2, Joker and DX13 in one receipt and deposited RM100 (around 20 dollars or so) So it's kinda tricky to split if I were to cancel my P2 and the shop's quite far away from my house to just go visiting once in a while. Maybe when Joker or P2 arrives I'll head over there and try to cancel.

mine arrived today...great figure, very pleased! i used one of the shadow pred's left hand to hold the skull...

20130212_204052_zpsd9cb93d4.jpg

20130212_204122_zps5d4bdf36.jpg

20130212_204140_zps5cd193bd.jpg

Just got this today and love everything about it. The Berserker HT Pred is my favorite but this one is a very close second. The accessories are awesome and everything looks perfect. For everyone complaining about the lack of a closed left hand to hold something...well...not sure why you can't find other ways to pose. I have my spine hanging off his back by using the bag strap. Remember, he had the spine on his back as he climbed the tower. Looks awesome this way.

Just got this today and love everything about it. The Berserker HT Pred is my favorite but this one is a very close second. The accessories are awesome and everything looks perfect. For everyone complaining about the lack of a closed left hand to hold something...well...not sure why you can't find other ways to pose.

Because people want to recreate the poster. People have always wanted to recreate the poster. Its third time out for the City Hunter from Hot Toys and they have yet again failed to provide adequate hands and the ones the did provide apparently aren't even fit for purpose.

mine arrived today...great figure, very pleased! i used one of the shadow pred's left hand to hold the skull...

Nice!

Looking through this thread during the day almost makes me feel less enthusiastic about this figure with all the disappointment, but then I get home and see my display and the excitement comes back.

Because people want to recreate the poster. People have always wanted to recreate the poster. Its third time out for the City Hunter from Hot Toys and they have yet again failed to provide adequate hands and the ones the did provide apparently aren't even fit for purpose.

Then use another hand from another Pred :panic:

It seems like such a silly reason to not like something. There are other HT Preds that have similar color patterns and the skull will cover up most of the hand anyway.

One hand is for the net gun, one is a fist, and one is for a karate chop. Kiai!

Ordered this guy because I need a P2 in my collection. However, the head sculpt is just so wrong. I will primarily display him with his bio, so it's not that big of an issue. For the price there shouldn't be issues.
I really wish this guy came with the Alien skull.

Back